Zips at BGSU. Battle for first place.

RowdyZip

Gameday. Zips and (shockingly) Bowling Green will be playing for a share of first place on the last day of January after Buffalo exposed the K-ent mirage.

Vegas opened this at Zips getting 4.5, it has since shifted to Akron +3.5. We all know the history of this series, but of course that means nothing going into this game as BG is much improved this year. If the Zips can successfully take Richaun Holmes out of the game as they did at the JAR a couple weeks back, we should have a fairly solid shot at another #roadkill.

Thoughts?

In GT's "snapshot" of tonight's game. He states that last week's win over WMU, was the Zips first win away from the JAR. Does he actually follow this team, or think before he writes?

There's home, away, and neutral games. Until they beat WMU, they had not won a single "away" game. What's the confusion?

His wording was misleading because "away from the JAR includes neutral floors. It's certainly no big deal to me but yes, somewhat misleading. As little as we manage to beat a couple of high major programs, in one season no less, it would be nice for GT to acknowledge those two " away from the JAR" wins.

I get your point

Neutral site games are away from the JAR. If Akron has won a neutral site game then they have won away from the JAR even without it being an 'away' game. I have no real opinion on GT overall but if he said they got their first win away from the JAR in Kalamazoo then he was clearly incorrect.

Despite not always being happy with it I am not one to frequently complain about the quality of Zips coverage, however, I do think the program often deserves much better in terms of quantity of coverage.

Back to BG...

I really do not know what to expect today. I have seen both play many times, BG maybe 5 games or so. Like many teams, I've seen BG look really tough and I've seen them look awful. Sounds a bit like us no? We played with really good energy the first time and shot it very well. The defense did a real nice job of closing down on Holmes to make the other Falcons try to beat them. It was no contest.

On offense I'd go down on the block to Forsythe early and often as Holmes often picks up fouls quick. The faster we can land his butt on the bench (for some considerable stretches) the more I like our chances.

Big time revenge scenario in play here as it's only been a couple weeks since we rubbed them out here. You know Jans has challenged his team to be men and turn the tables today.

Tough game to predict for me......

• Like 1

Neutral site games are away from the JAR. If Akron has won a neutral site game then they have won away from the JAR even without it being an 'away' game. I have no real opinion on GT overall but if he said they got their first win away from the JAR in Kalamazoo then he was clearly incorrect.

Despite not always being happy with it I am not one to frequently complain about the quality of Zips coverage, however, I do think the program often deserves much better in terms of quantity of coverage.

I agree but what we deserve and what the budget allows for at the ABJ are miles apart.

I like GT, it's not all on him.

I expect the good BG team to show up tonight. I agree that a huge key in this game is foul trouble. If Holmes gets in trouble and the Zips bigs do not then BG may have a problem. If Forsythe gets in trouble and Holmes doesn't then that script may be flipped. If they both have foul issues then I like how the matchups play out for UA. If neither has issues then I fear the advantage may go to BGSU simply because when the refs 'let them play' it seems to allow home teams to get into more of a flow and feed off the crowd.

Looks to me as if a word was inadvertently omitted from GT's snapshot. It should have read first conference win away from the JAR of the season. That road win in Kalamazoo with Pat and Jake sitting had to be a huge confidence builder for the younger players. Tonight's game is also big because it would tie the Zips with Can't for the MAC lead, and I like the way Coach Dambrot prepares his teams for big conference games. I wouldn't bother to make my first trip to Bowling Green today if I didn't think the Zips were going to win. ;)

Looks like the video feed is not free. Anyone know of a free link. I got sucked into paying for a few feeds, they generally don't even work so maybe I will just have to listen.

Check websites such as firstrowsports.com and vipleague.com or something along those lines. They change the exact url fairly often. Just Google them.