Game discussion

LosAngelesZipFan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

JD just had a nice interview for the pending NC State vacancy.
Although you meant that as a joke, you are probably right.He is gone after this year. I wish there was a way to keep him for at leat 2 more years. That way a new stadium is on the way, and we are a little bit known nationally. Then we will be able to get a good new coach.

Oh Thank God we finally knocked down one of these wins. Since the subject of JD's future was broached (not like we could enjoy this win for 24 hours before seeing the cloud for the silver lining) but I gotta tell you, this was NOT a coaching gem on JD's part. Tons of penalties, confusion, really bad play calling, and at times an outright lack of focus and discipline (all on offense). To me this looks like a coach with potential that needs alot of seasoning before he is ready to move up and get trusted with an better established program. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy. I am SO HAPPY what he has done with the program. But there are still tons of mental lapses happening that should be coached out. He is also not instilling the kill instinct-- how do we not get a first down with 3 minutes left to seal this game? If we ran the table from here, great probability that JD is gone. But based on what you have seen so far, does anyone think that we will? No doubt we have the talent and potential to do so, but I certainly don't feel any confidance that we will even as much as I would want to. Plus, I think JD hangs out for a real gem of an offer-- not something like Cincy but something with proven potential. At least, I hope he does.

JD just had a nice interview for the pending NC State vacancy.
Although you meant that as a joke, you are probably right.He is gone after this year. I wish there was a way to keep him for at leat 2 more years. That way a new stadium is on the way, and we are a little bit known nationally. Then we will be able to get a good new coach.
Between football and basketball, we are in for a real exciting year! Forget about it and celebrate!

Geeze guys, there's 10 games left! :wall: We just had a huge win and all you can look at is the negative! This is an OOC game most of us thought we could win, and we did. That is a HUGE improvement from the past. We had some lapses, but people stepped up when we needed it, we had a never say die attitude, and pulled off the upset...just like we should have. Central is gonna be TOUGH next week! Great Game!

Geeze guys, there's 10 games left!  :wall:  We just had a huge win and all you can look at is the negative!  This is an OOC game most of us thought we could win, and we did.  That is a HUGE improvement from the past.  We had some lapses, but people stepped up when we needed it, we had a never say die attitude, and pulled off the upset...just like we should have. Central is gonna be TOUGH next week!  Great Game!
In other words, get your heads out of your butts and lets celebrate and get ready for Central. There is a lot of football left to be played. Central and Toledo are going to be extremely tough. Ohio is beating NIU and we have to play in their place this year. Miami took Purdue into overtime. Anything can happen and we may ask ourselves what the hell happened instead. So bottom line is celebrate this weekend and then buckle your seatbelts for a wild season.

Exciting win for the Zips. We OWNED them in the 1st half, but I'm not sure what happend for the first, oh, 22 minutes of the 2nd half. JD has totally changed the mentality of this program. 3 years ago, we would have folded in the same situation. This is one of those intangibles that JD has brought to the program. It started with Marshall 2 years ago, kept rolling throughout last season, and is here again this year. Make no mistake, we are a team that will find a way to win if there is a way to win. That is a complete 180 from just 3 years ago. As I mentioned last week, I was worried that Kennedy wouldn't be able to fill Biggs shoes. He's doing a great job. I just wish the guy could get a few breaths during the game. I was also VERY impressed with Harvey. That kid is gonna be HUGE for us. Getsy is clutch. He was frustrating me a bit during the game, but stepped up in the end, as did Jabari. I wish I would see 12 get his hands on the ball more. I don't understand why we imploded in the 2nd half. We were having so much success running the ball in the 1st, but we were pinned deep in our territory most of the 2nd half. Instead of sticking with the run, we put it up, which didn't get us very far. This might have been a good thing as 3 might not of had much steam for that final push at the end of the game. I think the worst part of our game right now is our pass blocking. Getsy always had someone breathing down his back or in his face. Granted we've had some great athletes on the other side of the line the past 2 games, but we've got to give the plays time to develop. I am impressed with the run blocking. Seems to me we get a good push and open up some holes. Defense is the real deal. Our backfield showed up today. Broke up (and intercepted) passes that in the past, would have gone for TD's. Run D continues to impress. We didn't get much pressure on the QB, but that will change in MAC play. We are SOLID! It's odd for me to see us dominating on D and sputtering on offense. Penalties continue to hurt us....was that a problem last year???? Special teams needs a lot of work too. Sure Stec dropped a few balls, but the snap's are low, and he is under a TON of pressure!! Overall, we were the better team today. Numbers show it and IMO, we looked it for 4/7 of the game. MAN IT FEELS GOOD TO GO INTO AN ACC TEAM'S HOUSE, AND STUN THEM. :nutkick:ESPECIALLY after what I thought was a HUGE insult. Early in the game, I couldn't believe the audacity of the NC St. player to pick up the ball after the punt, RUNNING IN THE WRONG DIRECTION, and expect to turn +ve yards!!!!! THAT, IMO, showed that NC St. didn't think that we were good enough to stop them, even under what is typically a formality. We made them pay, and wish I could have been there! GREAT WIN!!!! GO ZIPS!!!

I do apologize for bringing it up. I live and grew up smack dab in the middle of the ACC and have taken a lot of flack over the years.My next door neighbors are NC State alum and were gracious in defeat BUT they did mention that they really like our coach and wish they had him. The same was said when we went to the Maryland soccer game last year. It pisses me off! You can't fault me for wanting alma mater to excel, I have done what I can to help recruiting.As a former Zip player I am extremely excited and PROUD today! (and a littler richer);-)