North Texas -- Early Line

Bleacher Bum

Well, who knows which UNT team will show up. The one that had creative playcalling against SMU or the one who laid an egg against Tulsa. When I first saw the Tulsa line (around 17) I thought it would be easy money for us, and if it wasnt for a fumbled snap, recovered by tulsa at the nt 8, we might have pushed, but I really didn't think Tulsa would shut us down like they did. I think Dickey (coach) saw SMU as a must win so he pulled out all the stops. Tulsa...not sure. Y'all may be in for a big day of us punching it up the middle into the teeth of your D.If you want to see some real misery, take a visit to our chat room.www.gomeangreen.comI am still headding up there with a few other folks, and am hoping for a good game. Go Mean Green

ThanksIt refers to my home town Fort Worth, among our many nicknames...Where the West Begins, Panther City, Cowtown, Better than Dallas...etc.I am feeling better about NT now that I have had a few days to digest the Tulsa beating.A quick run down of our team.If the O line can wake up and block, Jamario (#20) can really really run.Quinn (#81) is very fast, runs great routes and has amazing hands. Possibly the best WR in NT history...but he needs someone to get him the ball. Our QB situation is a 3 headded monster, the coach has not figured out who the starter for the season is...mostly because the O line has been suspect and D's seem to be camping out in our backfield. It is tough to evaluate a QB when he is always on his back.The D is young, quick and nasty and they have been playing really well...but the O has had problems moving the chains so the D seems to reamin on the field the entire game. Special teams are pretty good.In a perfect world our coach likes to grind out games, run run run, then pass. Burn up the clock and let our fresh, athletic D cause some havoc. Break the will of the opponent in the 4th Q when as the offensive pounding wears down the opponents D. Get the game over in about 2 1/2 hours.It worked great during our 4 year run of conf. titles, but it doesnt seem to work so good when the O line is like swiss cheese. Looking forward to the game.More on Fort Worth here