Roo Zoo

Fear this America

What were your thoughts on the Roo Zoo. What did you like? What did you dislike?It was a nice thing to see the students all together and pumped up. It brought a great smile to my face to see the fans going wild and crazy. I like the idea of being behind the opposiing teams bench. It gives you guys a great chance to get into the other teams head. I know you crazy kids that's right up your alley. The Roo Zoo is place where you the AK-ROWDIES come together. I want to make sure that is cleared up. The AK-ROWDIES live!!! They were around last year, they will be around and stronger than ever this year. I will post when the next date you can sign up if you haven't yet.On a scale 1- 10 I give the Roo Zoo a 8.5. We need to find ways to heckel the other team more and come up with a bunch of differant cheers. I like the fact that the band students and cheerleaders worked together to make the game a great one. We need to mix it up with some different cheers and need to ride the other team. Trust me I heard you guys last yearat the basketball games and you wode the other team so bad. I hope that contunies with every sport.Good job studentsSuit up were going hutting ............. :screwks:

It always annoyed me when going to Oxford and watching Miami play the Zips that the Miami student section and band were immediately behind the Akron bench.I considered it obtrusive and rude (Cryami's M.O.anyway)...that said, I, of course, think it is a capital idea when we do the same.The Rowdies were great last night. :thumb: Keep it up!Now if we can just get some more attendance to watch our men perform. I know that the weather was threatening but c'mon, 16,000?Go Zips!

not much of a zoo. more like a petting zoo......the fan base is weak here...if you think for one second that your good fans, your crazy. cmu hasn't won anything recently and they were crazy about that team....if we had a stadium on campus, we would have more fans. bullshit, there are more kids at this school that wear ohio state gear than zips gear. it's a commuter school,; another crap excuse. if you think that your good fans your crazy!!!!!!!!! sure there are a few, but just a few!!!!

not much of a zoo. more like a petting zoo......the fan base is weak here...if you think for one second that your good fans, your crazy. cmu hasn't won anything recently and they were crazy about that team....if we had a stadium on campus, we would have more fans. bullshit, there are more kids at this school that wear ohio state gear than zips gear. it's a commuter school,; another crap excuse. if you think that your good fans your crazy!!!!!!!!! sure there are a few, but just a few!!!!

All you have to do is click your mouse button once RUMPLEMINTZ. Nobody like to read crappy posts twice! :john::lol: To answer the original poster's question...As I pointed out in my post-game thoughts, I thought the students did very well. I wish there had been even more that showed up, but it was still a pretty good showing. The only thing I didn't like, which I also pointed out in my other post, was the overuse of the "AK-Rowdy" chant. I understand that this has become somewhat of a signature chant for our students, and that's great...but we at least need to mix in a few other chants as well. The "AK-Rowdy" chant got so old so fast to me that I wasn't even doing it by the 3rd quarter. I know by looking around I wasn't alone. Maybe more use of the Jets style "Z-I-P-S ZIPS ZIPS ZIPS!"? One other suggestion for my fellow fans...defense chants are nice but aren't as effective with smaller crowds. I'd say it'd work much better to simply make noise - yell, scream, do the "ooooooooooooooooh" - whatever...just make noise to make it harder for them to hear. Again, not sure if it'd work with smaller crowds...I just remember it working against Miami a few years back. Kudos on the following:1) The free t-shirts...they look nice2) The organizers of the group this year. The reminder emails are good, the tables set up inside the RB were good...it seems very organized, which is definitely a good thing.3) To the people who painted their faces/chests/stomachs whatever. Love the school spirit (even though only one of the girls that did it was attractive :lol: )4) To everyone who came...now let's get people out to that Can't game. I made a Facebook event...if you're on Facebook join it and invite every Akron friend you have:http://uakron.facebook.com/event.php?eid=2210437392GO ZIPS!

I had a great time in the student section. It sucks that the next home game is 4 months away. I don't know if the student section was packed all the way up or not because it was sitting in like the 3rd or 4th row in the front, but we had a great time. I'm going to try and get a bunch of students together to tailgate for the Can't game, students and alumni are welcome to join us.

As far as I'm concerned its not really the "Roo Zoo". It is still AK-Rowdies and always will be. There are still some bugs to be worked out amongst the students. I praticularly hated the beach ball thing b/c it detracted attention from the game at a crucial point when NTexas was trying to make a comeback. The team needed us behind them at that time and instead the entire student section was enamoured with that damn ball. I'm mostly encouraged though. The first challenge is getting students to the game which we did last night. Things can be worked out from there with other cheers and stuff like that but its hard to work on that stuff when noone is there in the first place.

if i had a knife i would have sliced the damn thing. i agree that it detracted from the game, but more than that those of us that were watching the game had to keep an eye out to not get hit. it's good that people were having fun with it, which was the purpose, but it kinda annoyed me.