Baskrtball's bright future (men's)

zip37

If everybody signs next mont as expected, by the start of next season we could have the best players that have been hear since the Laturza era, maybe more tyalent than ALL the best since. Waddya think?With ball amunition lock and load. :D AND AS ALWAYS :screwks:

I'm believe you may be correct. Of course we still don't have anyone with the ball handling skills of Terry Marsh, or rebounding machines like Alex Adams and Bill Turner, and nobody close to the overall talent of Leonard Paul, but pretty good talent.
Nor the perimeter shooting of "Sumthin'" Smith or Ken Mackovic or the dunks of Don Williams!

I'm believe you may be correct.  Of course we still don't have anyone with the ball handling skills of Terry Marsh, or rebounding machines like Alex Adams and Bill Turner, and nobody close to the overall talent of Leonard Paul, but pretty good talent.
Nor the perimeter shooting of "Sumthin'" Smith or Ken Mackovic or the dunks of Don Williams!
I never thought "Sumthin" was anything, but the Turners, "Big Don", Mackovic, Sloan and the boys will always be my heroes ... even Terry O'Hare rates a mention, if just for old times sake. :bow::bow::bow::bow:

i'm old enough to remember leonard paul. athough i have not thought about him in years, the mention of his name brought back some great memories from old memorial hall. as i recall, he was a smooth ballhandler, a very good outside shooter, and he could drive to the basket with ease. he was a joy to watch and good enough to carry the team on his back, when needed. i'm not sure if he was the best to ever play at akron because i've been out of the area for some time, but he certainly should be on anyone's all-time zips basketball team.

Kinda funny......This thread is titled "Akron's Bright Future"......but this is all HISTORY folks!
That's kinda scary ..... but I'm not worried about the current team. In general players like Turner ( he did play several years in the NBA) & Thompson looked so great because of their competition. The game and the level of competition has definately changed over the years and this year's team (as well as last) will be remembered fondly as "one of the good ones". The trick is to keep building on our good years. In the past there were a lot of lean years between the good ones.