Attendance

a-zip

Looks like it is going to be a close one for us after our road show. Lets hope for some good weather. Salting the wound will be Can't making it.http://www.crainscleveland.com:80/apps/pbc...E/61031004/1008
Read the article then do the math........With five home games the Zips need a total of 75,000 atendance. That means with three home games left we need an average of 13,756 per game not 10,317. And I am still wondering about the 33,732 total for the first two games. Also do those BOGO general admission tickets sold for the Bowling Green game count, or are they disqualified as "deeply discounted"?

Looks like it is going to be a close one for us after our road show.  Lets hope for some good weather.  Salting the wound will be Can't making it.http://www.crainscleveland.com:80/apps/pbc...E/61031004/1008
Read the article then do the math........With five home games the Zips need a total of 75,000 atendance. That means with three home games left we need an average of 13,756 per game not 10,317. And I am still wondering about the 33,732 total for the first two games. Also do those BOGO general admission tickets sold for the Bowling Green game count, or are they disqualified as "deeply discounted"?
someone tried to explain this to nme before but i believe as long as in the "ticket system" shows that the ticket is 33% of the highest single game ticket price it can be counted as paid attendance. the way i understand it is that if you have the highest single game ticket price of $20, then as long as the system shows that the buy one get one ticket can be shown as being sold for $6.60 it will count. so if you pay $10 for a buy one get one you could sitribute the cost to equal out as $5 per ticket. so if you sell 50 tickets at the buy one get one price which would give you 100 total tickets for $500. then you would take the $500 divide that by $6.60 and get 75.75 tickets that could be counted for attendance. so the buy one get one tickets do help a ton. it's a great way get your paid numbers up. instead of just the original 50 tickets being counte toward attendance, you now have 75 tickets being counted and the other 25 are just cinsidered comps.i think it's all how you use the dollar amounts in the ticket system based on the dollar amounts given.i could be wrong but i think this is basically what iwas told.

Buckzip Posted on Nov 1 2006, 10:10 AM   If we have nice weather for our games, it shouldn't be a problem. However, if the weather sucks, most non true fans won't come out to see s bad team play. 
I agree, weather will be a big factor. There will be a big push by the athletic department to get it done. The team could help by not playing so badly.

someone tried to explain this to nme before but i believe as long as in the "ticket system" shows that the ticket is 33% of the highest single game ticket price it can be counted as paid attendance. the way i understand it is that if you have the highest single game ticket price of $20, then as long as the system shows that the buy one get one ticket can be shown as being sold for $6.60 it will count. so if you pay $10 for a buy one get one you could sitribute the cost to equal out as $5 per ticket. so if you sell 50 tickets at the buy one get one price which would give you 100 total tickets for $500. then you would take the $500 divide that by $6.60 and get 75.75 tickets that could be counted for attendance. so the buy one get one tickets do help a ton. it's a great way get your paid numbers up. instead of just the original 50 tickets being counte toward attendance, you now have 75 tickets being counted and the other 25 are just cinsidered comps.i think it's all how you use the dollar amounts in the ticket system based on the dollar amounts given.i could be wrong but i think this is basically what iwas told.
Huh ...... That gets a little complex for me. The NCAA should just drop the attendance policy instead of coming up with these convoluted scenarios. And if these is a exemption for staduims that seat 25,000 and under, the Athletic Department should just get smart and cover up another 5,000 or so seats at the Rubber Bowl for the time being.