Zips vs. UIC

RowdyZip

A tough game here...This UIC squad has thwomped a decent NIU squad @ NIU by 20+ points and lost on the road to Illinois by only 5 points. This game scares me, hopefully the week to stew about the victory that was closer than it needed to be bumps up the intensity a bit for the Zips. That being said...Zips win a close one on the roadZips 72Flames 68And the second part of my little thread...gozips.com lists the game as being available on "Comcast SportsNet Chicago," which, if I'm not mistaken is now owned by Time Warner. Anyone out there have some connections in that lovely company that knows if/could get the game on one of the local flex channels? I'll be working till 4 but sure would like to join some other fans at a local watering hole to watch this one... :CK_brew:

Hey guys,Looking forward to UIC getting back into action against Akron after having a week off.Just a couple things. The Illinois game we played was not in Champaign. It was at the United Center in Chicago (where the Bulls play). Officially it was a neutral game, but it was really a road game as Illinois plays there every year and they had their refs there (and yes we got screwed...even Illini fans admitted it).Also, we started slow this season due to injuries to two starters but since they've been back, we've beaten Murray State, stomped Northern Illinois on the road, stomped Youngstown State, and only lost to Illinois by 5 after being down big. I fully expect UIC to win this game as they are at home, and they are better than their record indicates. But hopefully it's a good game.For anyone interested, UIC video streams all of its home games online for free. So you can watch the game if you'd like. Just go to www.horizonleague.org. You do have to sign up but it's worth it...You can see an archived game of UIC vs Youngstown State to get an idea of how our team has been playing the past few games.Also, UIC's message board is here: www.uichoops.com