Akron vs. Illinois-Chicago Game Thread

sgm405

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing games like this makes me question Dambrot's coaching. We are not tested and we are not well coached.
Should I vomit now or later? What a bandwagon jumper you are. Everything was all fine and good when we were 6-1. So now we lose a game and you're out to fire the coach????? Hey, I got an idea for ya....let's fire Dambrot and get Hipsher back.

Bottom line. If you aren't getting 2nd chance points from rebounds, you have to hit free throws. Otherwise, you only have one way to score points. We knew this coming into this year...this team needs Jeremiah Wood. Travis will wear down during the course of this season if he has to handle all of the dirty work inside himself. Romeo simply isn't big enough to do it on his own.

Bottom line. If you aren't getting 2nd chance points from rebounds, you have to hit free throws. Otherwise, you only have one way to score points. We knew this coming into this year...this team needs Jeremiah Wood. Travis will wear down during the course of this season if he has to handle all of the dirty work inside himself. Romeo simply isn't big enough to do it on his own.
Anyone else notice that not only did we get destroyed on the boards 45-32 (Off. 16-11), but we were out-attempted at the line 32 to 18. And they hit 78% to our 50%. Even if we would've hit the same pctg as them from the line, that makes up the 6 pt difference. What a frustrating game. Anyone else watch or listen? I was at the winking lizard in macedonia and they were very nice about putting it on 4 different tvs. I may be partial, but that officiating looked terrible. I can think of one play off hand that bothered me the most...Ced drove to the hoop strong and went up and was smacked to the ground by one of the big guys for UIC, ball bounced the rim harmlessly and to a waiting defender. No whistle, no nothing. It seems as is ced backed off the drives after that no-call. Anyone listen to the radio call? What'd they think?

well i dont think we have a right to be talking about the refs in this one. the bottom line is we played no defense. that is the problem. someone mentioned heart in one of their posts. and they are right. we have no fight and no heart outside our 3 guards. they play hard every game on both ends of the floor. i too was at the lizard tonight, just got back actually, and that was the same story again tonight. everyone keeps talking about romeo this and romeo that. i dont see what you are looking at. yeah he scores 20 here and there, but what else does he do? does not rebound which gives up buckets (case in point tonight) and he plays no more D than i did tonight sitting on my a$$ at the bar. my point is he gives up more than he scores most every night and the only way that he scores is off sets that KD puts in for him. or by a nice assist by Joyce or Dials. his D, or lack there of, is what is killing this team up to date. more pt for mcknight? you guys are kidding right? watch him one time. just for one trip up and down the floor. he does nothing and is lost. i think KD knows what he gets from mcknight and i giving him the pt he deserves. no less.

........I may be partial, but that officiating looked terrible. I can think of one play off hand that bothered me the most...Ced drove to the hoop strong and went up and was smacked to the ground by one of the big guys for UIC, ball bounced the rim harmlessly and to a waiting defender. No whistle, no nothing. It seems as is ced backed off the drives after that no-call. Anyone listen to the radio call? What'd they think?
For the past several years I've thought that overall the officiating in the MAC is really terrible. It is inconsistant, and seems to spend half the time on "make-up calls". I won't go as far as to say that the officiating favors one team or another, I think it stinks for both teams, but it does influence the way the game is being played. Sometimes it seem like a football field out there and other times there are more rinky dink fouls called than at Barbi's birthday party.I just can't see why the MAC can't see this problem and do something about it. Those were MAC officials at the game tonight.

mc knight did nothing???? he had seven points ,and four boards in only 18 min. plus a block. if you take that over 35 min those are some decent numbers. especially since he's a true freshman.if your the coaching expert who do you think then should get more pt?

The refereeing was fine tonight. Trust me, I know. I did watch the game too. Don't take Frenchy's comments on officials EVER as fact. He is a bigger homer than any of us here! Besides, no one ever complains about the officiating when we win! :rolleyes: Free throw shooting, rebounds, turnovers and oh, did I mention free throws?

no one should get more pt. every time we lose everyone wants changes. how about the fact that we just sucked? face it, when the coaches say "rome every play is for you but then you dont have to play D on the other end" we arent good. we need to play as a team night in and night out. and i fault KD for that. how many times does he say in the papers and in interviews that they must play D to play for him? and he is going to let rome get all those min. while getting manhandled and dunked on? come on. its not about stats fellas. how many pts did mcknight give up? he is another rome in the making. how about that 3 he gave up when they tried to get into a zone D? dumb dumb dumb. quit looking at the stat sheet to decide pt. that is dumb dumb dumb.