Student Sections Going going Gone!

quickasazip33

Now the student section is being held hostage? Hunter if you are reading this, you are an asshole. Leave Akron. You have no idea what you are doing here. Like Matt Millen in Detroit and Isiah Thomas in New York, you are an unwelcome idiot here in Akron. Do those of us who could point Akron out on a map before getting a job here, a favor. Pack up your shit and go. You are an embarrassment to not only the school but to the city as well. People don't show up for shitty games that are on the same day as the Browns Steelers so you feel fit to need a GUARANTEE of 164+ people? F_ck you. Mike Waddell (who should have been the new AD) wouldn't have pulled this. He understood the market and the fans. You are an incompetent jackass. LEAVE AKRON.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Balki here, we're now being held hostage. It's not fair to the student leaders of this group to try to get this together in 2 1/2 days...it's not fair to the students who aren't receiving the emails about stuff and will want to go to the game...it's not fair for us to sign up for each and every game. Here's a novel idea for the Athletic Department...Want a full section? PROMOTE THE TEAM!!! I swear, even I forget sometimes that there is a game on certain days. Why am I not being reminded more often by the AD? And how about this idea...Want to ensure a full section? I can guarantee it with two things:A.) Get rid of the shirt requirement...make it back to going first come, first serve for Akron fansB.) 15 minutes before the game, invite fans paying general admission to fill any empty seatsWhy is this so freaking hard for them to understand??? :wall: We can debate this...but I say boycott = on!

Why would people boycott the game? This would only hurt the team and how hard they work to showcase the university. Show up and Show support. Support the team that is out there trying their best. Whatever feelings that are being felt about the administration should not be directed at KD and the guys.

We will show up and support the team. We will just do it from the general admission seats. Basically, the game today is a test to see how well the athletic department listens to its fan base. I hope they realise their stupidity, although if the past is any indicator they will blame it on something unrelated and then try to force on to us something else we don't want.

I went to the game last night. I have to say it's been awhile since I've been to a game and I was very disappointed. The atmosphere was horrible. It kind of reminded me of a party hosted by someone who doesn't know how to throw a party! We have a team that is supposed to be one of the best we've had in quite awhile. I remember the games during the late 80's (which is the last time we were good), the JAR was rocking and it was a fun time. Frankly the only reason I came to the game last night was because everything was $1 and I figured that the place would be packed, loud and remind me of the good times of the past. Not even close! Someone needs to wake this administration up!!! :CK_brew: