Youngstown state

Valpo Zip

Just got back from the game, i wish all the away games would be within an hour drive, but anyways.After reading eguins and indians posts about ysu team and their state of the art beghlee stadium or whatever it is called, i was so pumped up and thought that i was heading to a great night... getting there, that side of the campus with a brand new rec center and a football stadium surrounding a very good looking beghlee center looked very impressive. However, as soon as i stepped in, things started to become disappointing.The bball stadium from inside is not very impressive and someone sitting in the GA high bleachers would not see the "stone age" score board because of some basketball boards in the way. So you basically have to keep track of the score on a piece of paper.The environment was more like a HS game than a college one. The attendance was of no more than 2000 people, amongst which i would say 800 were zips fans.The stadium was so quiet at times that i could clearly hear what the refs are calling from my high general admission seat.There was no penguin or any YSU mascott, their dance team was made of 6 girls, cheer leaders, 6 girls and 3 boys, a band of 8-10.They never tied the game after the 0-0 mark and the difference was as much as 19 points, and the closest they got in the second half was 7 points.As a result, i can officially say that the youngstown experiment has shown that there is an indisputable evidence that it is not that YSU is good but rather it is that :screwks: which reinforces the theoretical results that we all knew long time ago.Technically speaking, Quade and Nate played great bball. Romeo and J-wood were up and down. Conyers, Dials and Joyce, cedrick were average-solid, McKnight was lost. coach Dambrot, very smart, great moves and game plans.See you all in Athens, this is going to be our hardest MAC game of the season, if we win it, we might go undefeated in the mac. Allright that's a long shot, but seriously i cannot think of a harder MAC game than @ ohio.

I think it's pretty nice there. Good win Zips.Equins when did YSU start using the spotlight for starting Lineups? That was pretty cool with the movie them entrance. I think Akron should start somehting like that.
Just began this year. As you noticed they have brand new lights inside Beeghly which turn on in less than 5 seconds, making it possible to do that little intro.

Interesting win for the Zips. In a game that we always led, from 6-9 throughout most of the first half, upping it to 13 before half and they taking that to 19 in the second half, I for one, never felt totally comforatble until about the two minute mark in the game.Milum was outstanding. Best game ever as a Zip. He made several nice jumpers, the alley-oop was great, in fact I thought he was heading over the basket when he caught the ball and was coming down and his interior defense was solid as well. Linhart and Conyers were very good as well. Conyers finally seems to be getting it. His offensive flow was nice, he made all three shots and his defensive presence was even better. Did a very good job of moving his feet, taking charges and playing interior defense. I have no idea how that YSU team beat Can't. They play the weakest on the ball defense I have ever seen and offensively, they have a lot of guys go one-on-one. I didn's see much team play. We shot 45% from the field, yet seemed to miss wide-open jumper after wide open jumper. I believe Joyce was held scoreless....The officiating for the first 32 minutes was about the best I have seen. Seemed to get every offensive/no call right and they let the guys play. The last 8 minutes, eveything was a foul, esp on the Zips. That said, we lost two guys to fouls and they outshot us 27-10 at the line, and YSU fans are complaining?This team seems to be getting better.....now we need all 9 guys to do it collectivley. THe OU game is a very winnable game. Remember, the football team is in the bowl so a lot of OU fans should be missing. Here is a prime opportunity to steal a conference game on the road.

The last 8 minutes, eveything was a foul, esp on the Zips. That said, we lost two guys to fouls and they outshot us 27-10 at the line,
Against good teams, we lose the game when they have a 17 ft attempt advantage. Good thing youngstown can't make free throws. In my opinion, the teams achilles heel has been and still is making free throws and boxing out. How much time do they spend on this and do they practice this part of the game when they are tired? We were outrebounded 46-33 against youngstown and as a team we are shooting 63% from the line. :)

I really don't understand why YSU felt they could play with us when they rely on one player to carry them. This Akron team has so many weapons, and is really developing some depth, thanks to guys like Quade and Cedrick. And when we decide to "get after people" defensively (as Dambrot says) we're very very hard to beat.I can't wait for the OU game. And better yet, I can't wait until OU comes here to see the AK-Rowdies get all over Bubba !!

I really don't understand why YSU felt they could play with us when they rely on one player to carry them. This Akron team has so many weapons, and is really developing some depth, thanks to guys like Quade and Cedrick. And when we decide to "get after people" defensively (as Dambrot says) we're very very hard to beat.I can't wait for the OU game. And better yet, I can't wait until OU comes here to see the AK-Rowdies get all over Bubba !!
Really two. You guys held 2 of the top 5 guards in the Horizon-Humphrey and Roberts under 20 points.I think they had 17 and 15 respectively. If those guys had 20 points like they had been getting, that game is a lot closer.YSU had a one hell of a tough time shooting from the outside in the first half, and that killed them.