Ohio Pre-game thread

ZachTheZip

Scary game IMO.  I liked our defense at YSU and OHIO only has 4 players on the floor when Chatman is in the game.  Troutman has been struggling recently too.  Only fear is they get to the foul line ALOT.Won't be easy but we can take this.
This is a link to the Athens Messenger and O'Shea discussed foul shooting:http://www.athensmessenger.com/main.asp?Se...192&TM=34348.23"During Saturday's 79-66 win over in-state rival Cincinnati at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, the Ohio University men's basketball team racked up 36 free throw attempts.Afterward, Ohio head coach Tim O'Shea tried to explain to the media that the number was nothing out of the ordinary and, in some ways, to be expected."Coming in, we had shot well over 100 more free throws than our opponent," he said. "So it's been a consistent thing. We getting the ball into the paint."When you've got a guy like (Jerome) Tillman, a guy like (Leon) Williams, and slashers like Whitney Davis and (Sonny) Troutman…you draw a lot of fouls."The Bobcats, however, have started making them as well. Ohio (9-3) netted 30 free throws against the Bearcats; an 83.3 percent effort that will only improve its season average of 74.3 percent."Hopefully they don't find the same path to the foul line tonight, but chances are they will. With the Zips poor execution in this area this could get ugly

Bubba is one of OU's stars, and he was about to become a bench-dweller on our roster. Enough said.
Or maybe he's blossomed in the increased minutes he's seen? Come on, there's no reasonable argument you can make to say you're better just because a guy who didn't start for you starts for us. Wood probably wouldn't start over Leon and Jerome. Does that mean we're better?

Bubba is one of OU's stars, and he was about to become a bench-dweller on our roster.  Enough said.
Or maybe he's blossomed in the increased minutes he's seen? Come on, there's no reasonable argument you can make to say you're better just because a guy who didn't start for you starts for us. Wood probably wouldn't start over Leon and Jerome. Does that mean we're better?
Umm Wood is better than both of those guys. There isn't a player in the MAC he can't out muscle. Now if Akron would only run the O through him in the paint.

Bubba is one of OU's stars, and he was about to become a bench-dweller on our roster.  Enough said.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::bow: Funniest post of the year right there. OU would be shitting their pants to get Wood.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::bow: Funniest post of the year right there. OU would be shitting their pants to get Wood.
Where was J. Wood tonight? 4 pts., totally dominated by Tillman and Leon? That's why I hate Akron -- you guys are huge whiners who simply dont know the game or the league.

Pretty funny. You think Ohio fans are classeless just because someone called him out on an assinine statement that a fellow Akron fan made. C'mon, to say that Jerimiah Woods is better than Williams and Tillman is a joke. Hmmm, let's see, stat's tonight:Jerimiah Woods27 min 1-4 FG's 4 pts 5 rebLeon Williams33 min 8-11 FG's 19 pts 9 reb 2 blk 3 stlJerome Tillman33 min 4-9 FG's 12 pts 6 reb 2 blk 2 stlHad to add that extra space so you could realize how far arpart these players are. Sure looks like Woods is a stud. I mean look, Woods averages 9.8 pts and 7 reb while Tillman averages 15 pts and 8 reb, and Williams averages 14.0 pts and 8.9 reb. Tillman and Williams might be the best player at their positions in the league. I know it hurts to be wrong, but sometimes you gotta swallow your pride.Oh, and by the way, Tilman threw down two of the nastiest oops I've ever seen. I know Jerimiah Woods can't do that.

Lol, yes, I'm a complete idiot because I added an "s" to a last name. I'm sorry, but the numbers tell the story. I was just calling someone out on a ridiculous statement they made. Take a deep breath, count to three, and realize that you guys still have a bunch of games left to play. Oh, and it's pretty laughable that some of you Akron fans talk about how bad he is. in case you didn't notice, he's averaging more ppg than any player that Akron has. Please, keep sending us your "garbage" players...lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

screwtheroo, walther is no better than any of our guards we have, well the top 3. PERIOD. to base your point on ppg just shows how shallow your knowledge is on the subject of basketball. It showed the other night. 16 pts is what you will be crying, but 6 of those came on "lets shoot and fall down so the ref calls a foul" type sissy sh*t. if it werent for those then he is in or near single digits. (counting the effect it would have had on the rest of his performance with his "i have to get mine" attitude)i can be fair with the leon statement. i think that he is the best big in the league along with the big from western. but i am not sure about your other post. talented yes, but i am not putting him in my top 5. just a matter of wood not playing, which he has a tendency to do when he has his "walther" attitude, and tillman playing well with a lot of focus going to leon. just the cold hard facts fellas