Miami Game

jeaglet1

Any game against a respectable opponent can't be predicted because the Zips can't make free throws (currently at 65%)--that opens it up for anyone that's decent. They really need to address that part of the game. If/when they do, they'll have a much better outlook and a chance for really good success now and into the postseason.That being said, 80-72 Zips.

In response to Akron not being able to make free throws, a few of the Rowdies came up with a new free throw routine that debuted at Loyola and worked at OU. We came up with it in the 2nd half of the Loyola game. Rather than putting our arms up and saying "whoosh," we switched it up and put our arms down. Then in one motion, bring the arms back up and throw them down as you say "whoosh." We failed to do it on one of C-Mid's free throws at OU and he missed it. I don't remember the numbers for the Loyola game, but minus that one we failed to "whoosh" on, we were 11-13 at OU. Who says I'm superstitious?

Miami is really bad. How they beat Cant State is beyond me. Oh yeah, they choked again and Penno "can't hit a 3 for his life" hit a lucky ass shot. They have the worst PG play in the league and Peavy is inconsistant. Yeah, they play "great D" but they can't score. Zips have too many weapons and Dials and Dru will give Moosman fits. Lay the -9.5 no problem. As long as the Zips show up tomorrow it should be....Zips 70Choking underachieving ugly style playing Redhawks 52

miami's record is bad but it looks like they've have played fairly well. their losses include a 2 point loss to illinois, a 2 point loss to dayton, a 1 point loss to wright state, and a 6 point loss to michigan. they also lost to kentucky and cincinnati but neither game was a blowout.they've beaten Can't and ill-chicago. i think akron will win, but i'm just saying ....

miami's record is bad but it looks like they've have played fairly well. their losses include a 2 point loss to illinois, a 2 point loss to dayton, a 1 point loss to wright state, and a 6 point loss to michigan. they also lost to kentucky and cincinnati but neither game was a blowout.they've beaten Can't and ill-chicago. i think akron will win, but i'm just saying ....
Illini were undermanned but yes, Miami played a good game. They blew the gameThey played Kentucky tough but Kentucky was missing a key player. They blew the game.They lost to Wright State at home for the first time since 1982 I believe. Wright State is pathetic. Just look at what the Raiders have done this yearYes, they beat UIC but UIC was on the end of a long road trip to start the year. Bad spot for the Flames in that one.Michigan was up about 20 to start the game. Michigan isn't a good team IMO, especially on the road.They were up against Dayton by 10 in the first and second halves. They blew the game.They lost to UC who lost at home ot Rutgers. Enough said. They also blew that game too.They got rocked at Illy State. I follow the MVC closely and that's the worst MVC team by far.They got rocked at Xavier. They beat Cant State after choking again. All that team does is choke. They are afraid to take shots at crunch time and were lucky Penno somehow hit that 3. They get some guy for our game who hasn't played this year but how much could he help?They may give us a game but they will have at least one stretch of 6+ minutes without a FG. They may be close at the end but will choke and blow the cover.Seriously, everything I wrote above is the truth.

In response to Akron not being able to make free throws, a few of the Rowdies came up with a new free throw routine that debuted at Loyola and worked at OU. We came up with it in the 2nd half of the Loyola game. Rather than putting our arms up and saying "whoosh," we switched it up and put our arms down. Then in one motion, bring the arms back up and throw them down as you say "whoosh." We failed to do it on one of C-Mid's free throws at OU and he missed it. I don't remember the numbers for the Loyola game, but minus that one we failed to "whoosh" on, we were 11-13 at OU. Who says I'm superstitious?
That really worked!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

I tried that too. It really does work. We will have to try it again tonight. Miami won't know what hit 'em. :thumb: