Keith Dambrot

seatea

I had the opportunity to spend some time with Coach Dambrot this morning. He was really jazzed about the crowd at the Can't State game. He wanted me to thank everyone at Zipsnation and the AK-Rowdies for their support and attendance at the game.Coach Dambrot is a first class individual. He is an Akron graduate and loves this town. I think the best way we can reward him and the team is to rally around this team and personally invite anyone and everyone we know to attend the rest of the games.I heard that some students were turned away by the fire marshall well after the game had started. The message is: get there early and start heckling the opposing team during warm-ups! You all rocked the arena Wednesday night! Lets do it again Sunday!

I wasn't able to make the game Wednesday night. How was the student turnout? Were both north and south sections full? Any students elsewhere? Gotta love a sell out!!! I wish we'd sell out the JAR for games other than Can't and OU! We should be selling that place out for all of the MAC games! Can't blame people for not coming to our rather lame non-conference schedule though (except for Nevada - great game!!! But our administration didn't really have anything to do with that one, so won't give them credit there!) Next year - more Atlantic 10 conference teams please - and no, not Duquesne! I'm talking UMASS, Xavier, Rhode Island, Temple or Dayton (we can all boo Marcus Johnson for selling out on us!)

A couple of weeks ago I said that the bb team needed to string a few wins in a row together for the bandwagon to start. KD and his kids have done their part. Now it is up the people in Summit and Stark Counties to start to support this program. Too bad we scheduled a game on the same day and the same time as the NFC and AFC Championships. Couldn't they move the game up to noon?

"I heard that some students were turned away by the fire marshall well after the game had started. The message is: get there early and start heckling the opposing team during warm-ups! You all rocked the arena Wednesday night! Lets do it again Sunday! "You're right. I was in the foyer, helping out with Ak-Rowdy volunteer efforts, and the game was already a couple minutes in. Behind the gates were hundreds of students, waiting to swipe their zipcards to get in. All of a sudden you here someone yell "SORRY WE'RE AT CAPACITY!"Great! We're at capacity, that's awesome. Sad, because the people that were turned away were all students! I guess they learned you have to show up more than 15 minutes before tipoff for the biggest rivalry game of the home season. Hopefully they get pumped up though, and come back Sunday and for the rest of the home games (especially OU) maybe even drag themselves over to the school a little east of here. :champs: