OU game

bigzipguy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was there and spent the last half hour trying to get the car back up the driveway. i would like to know how #12 on ohio is thought to be good enough to play d-1 ball, let alone be one of the first off the bench. he was big, slow, awkward and a turnover machine. GET A HAIR CUT!

was there and spent the last half hour trying to get the car back up the driveway. i would like to know how #12 on ohio is thought to be good enough to play d-1 ball, let alone be one of the first off the bench. he was big, slow, awkward and a turnover machine. GET A HAIR CUT!
what she said. and i still didnt get into my driveway, two neighbors helped me and i'm stuck 1/4 of the way into my street.

Great game all the way around.  And 1,500 with over a foot of snow on the ground and more coming, horrible roads and blizzards in the forecast.  Pretty respectable.
After 30+ years in Transportation/Distribution getting from Canton to the JAR was easy. The Zips were fantastic. The crowd was decent when you consider the weather. The only problem I saw was the Conyers, McKnight, and Rybak seemed lost while they were in the game. Our bench killed their bench for the limited time they played. Would like to see KD empty the bench a little earlier in a blowout like this. If we play like this at the Q we will definately be :champs::champs::champs::champs::champs::champs::champs::champs::champs::champs:

After 30+ years in Transportation/Distribution getting from Canton to the JAR was easy. The Zips were fantastic. The crowd was decent when you consider the weather. The only problem I saw was the Conyers, McKnight, and Rybak seemed lost while they were in the game. Our bench killed their bench for the limited time they played. Would like to see KD empty the bench a little earlier in a blowout like this. If we play like this at the Q we will definately be :champs::champs::champs::champs::champs::champs::champs::champs::champs::champs:
Asst. coaches were trying to get subs in game earlier, but KD won't budge, what gives? I really don't think our subs are going to hurt anything, in fact they are like scoring machines at the end sometimes and KD doesnt like it because it runs up the score, yet.... put them in with 2 minutes to go? Doesn't make alot of sense when you are up by 20 almost the whole game does it?

After 30+ years in Transportation/Distribution getting from Canton to the JAR was easy.  The Zips were fantastic.    The crowd was decent when you consider the weather.  The only problem I saw was the Conyers, McKnight, and Rybak seemed lost while they were in the game.  Our bench killed their bench for the limited time they played.  Would like to see KD empty the bench a little earlier in a blowout like this.  If we play like this at the Q we will definately be  :champs:  :champs:  :champs:  :champs:  :champs:  :champs:  :champs:  :champs:  :champs:  :champs:
Asst. coaches were trying to get subs in game earlier, but KD won't budge, what gives? I really don't think our subs are going to hurt anything, in fact they are like scoring machines at the end sometimes and KD doesnt like it because it runs up the score, yet.... put them in with 2 minutes to go? Doesn't make alot of sense when you are up by 20 almost the whole game does it?
I agree. How can you expect those guys to contribute next year if they don't have any experience beyond the "junk" time that they play when there is no pressure?I think I have an explanation, though. Whenever Dambrot empties the bench at the end of a blowout game, the players start jacking up threes at every chance they get (not just Goddard) so they can inflate their scoring stats. I think Dambrot is looking for them to drive to the basket, play good defense, and play tougher all around. They don't have the same style as our main contributers, but I think that is what Dambrot is looking for. If they started playing with the same style as our starters, even if they are not as good, they would probably see more playing time.

I agree.  How can you expect those guys to contribute next year if they don't have any experience beyond the "junk" time that they play when there is no pressure?I think I have an explanation, though.  Whenever Dambrot empties the bench at the end of a blowout game, the players start jacking up threes at every chance they get (not just Goddard) so they can inflate their scoring stats.  I think Dambrot is looking for them to drive to the basket, play good defense, and play tougher all around.  They don't have the same style as our main contributers, but I think that is what Dambrot is looking for.  If they started playing with the same style as our starters, even if they are not as good, they would probably see more playing time.
I really don't think that is the problem. Almost every coach I every knew determined the type of play he got from the bench. If someone gets in the game and starts launching threes he probably will hear about it and not get in again if that type of play continues. There is a big dropoff in talent/experience/ability/whatever after the first seven (or maybe nine, if your generous) and I think that this scares KD for some reason. I really think that he believes these guys could lose a twenty point lead in five minutes. But that's just my opinion.

I don't have a huge problem with KD protecting the lead. This may be the best chance to make a run--he's ensuring we win each and every game. Granted, a 20-point lead looks good with 10 minutes to go, but with the scrubs in, half of that can easily go away in 2 minutes. Then, you have 8 minutes left where your lead is only 10. Make it close, and we have to rely on free throws.As to Goddard's points-to-minutes ratio, that's because he just parks it in 3-point land and shoots it before he even touches it. Maybe KD wants some defense and some teamwork. Look at all the stats and it's a little different story.GoddardMinutes = 47Points = 49Shots Taken = 68Steals = 1Turnovers = 3He's a sideshow.

Did anyone say 10 minutes? Even 5 minutes would be nice instead of the 2 minutes he gives these players.Oh and you forgot his 5 rebounds.And what do you see better from these players?With their limited minutes? Give me a break. TOTALS GP MIN OFF DEF TOT PF FO A TO A/TO HICONYERS, Jimmy...... 23 193 18 21 39 31 0 6 20 0.3 9 McKNIGHT, Chris..... 24 196 17 36 53 20 0 7 11 0.6 9 RYBAK, John......... 13 63 4 9 13 10 0 4 2 2.0 6 CARROLL, Tim........ 7 19 2 4 6 1 0 4 0 99.0 4 SOWERS, Zach........ 9 22 2 2 4 0 0 0 0 0.0 4 SALLEE, Jeremy...... 16 63 2 5 7 5 0 19 13 1.5 2

Didn't forget his 5 rebounds. Saw them, wasn't impressed.As to the others you list, I don't think I said anything about them, but since you ask, I do know they at least try on defense, and actually move on offense.If they want to play, they should play the full go and do it the way KD wants it done. I agree, it would be nice to see them get more playing time, but give KD some credit. Seems like some people are a little too impressed with themselves. Maybe, just maybe, KD is more qualified than those of us posting here to make these decisions.

Not sure I agree, when you have Asst. Coaches telling KD to put players in, I guess they are wrong too, KD is the king you know. As for defense and teamwork, when you get in for 2 minutes at a time, I am thinking, if I am one of those players, I am all about me... even Salee is showing signs of it, shooting the airball three after he made a shot. Why pass the ball, there is less than 1 minute left!