Duquesne Game

zip81

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well....a few things obviously need to start happening tonight, especially in light of the Nate Linhart situation.Dambrot needs to call on his bench, and as a result..... 1) McKnight needs to mature a little bit faster than we anticipated.2) Conyers needs to start showing some of the ability that we recruited him for.3) Quade Millum needs to show that he is indeed the improved player that we think he's become this year. 4) Rybak can pass out the towels at time-outs.The 3-Guard lineup with Travis and Wood will not hold up over the next two weeks if this doesn't happen.

not saying that rybac is great, but, why all the knock on him? he does just as good as conyers. conyers has given us nothing at all all year. no D, cant hit shots, and is just like a deer in headlights out there. conyers has this little stretch without linhart to prove himself. if not, rybac should def. be behind linhart in the rotation. i think that the 3 guard lineup will hold up for us from here on out for this fact... every team from here on out plays with 3 guards for the most part. Can't does, duquesne, buffalo. its not like they have big lineups. but we do need some production from our bench to spot min. here and there.

What I want to see tonight playing time wise:Dru-15 minutes (less than that if possible)Dials-15 minutes (less if possible)Cedrick-15 minutes Goddard-15 minutesSallee-20 minutes (sort of a tryout for next year to see how he does in extended minutes at PG)Sowers-10 minutesConyers-30 minutes (get the kid on the court as much as possible)McKnight-30 minutes (see Conyers)Romeo-15 minutes (less if possible)Wood-15 minutes (less if possible)Quade-20 minutesCarroll-10 minutesRybak-5 minutesWhat I think we WILL see tonight:Dru-30 minutes Dials-25 minutes Cedrick-25 minutes Goddard-5 minutesSallee-5 minutes Conyers-20 minutes McKnight-15 minutes Romeo-25 minutes Wood-20 minutes Quade-20 minutesRybak-10 minutes

Quickzips...I think it all depends on how the game is going. If we can get out on top early, and things are looking good, your first scenario is a possibility. Speaking of Duquesne...I was wondering if someone can answer a question for me.At the last few homes games (although it might have been happening all season long) I've been noticing a kid with long hair, gym shoes, and baggy jeans standing at mid-court watching the warmups with coach Lamont Paris. He looks pretty stylish. Is that Steve McNees? Not to cut on him or anything (I grew up on a farm myself), but I can certainly tell that he's a country boy from Pennsylvania. Doesn't Dambrot have a dress code for the redshirt/injured players sitting on the bench? Not that I care. All I care about is that he can play, and wanted to get out of his commitment to Duquesne because he knew he could do better than that.

Nice preview of tonight's game in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.They, mistakingly in my opinion, say the Zips still have a shot at an at-large bid.They also bring up the LeBron connection.Interesting fact, Coach Dambrot's Dad was a Duquesne star in the early 50's.I did not know that!http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07057/765075-135.stm

43-32 at the half. Zips went on a 7-0 run to end it up.Another figure it out. John Rybak, save a travel (which who wouldn't walk a lil bit when the refs haven't been calling them much) has a 3, a rebound and an assist and looks halfway competent. Minutes breakdown for those of us who care:Travis-13Conyers-10Wood-12Dials-20Joyce-15Middleton-13McKnight-4Milum-11Rybak-2