MAC Tournament Bracket

Zip_ME87

Update me guys.Are we now assured of at least the #3 seed after what happened tonight?If so, that sort of dampens my anticipation of a Can't/Akron Championship game since Can't might now be the #3 if we are the #2, or vice versa. Which means our matchup with them would be in the semi-finals. Or...is there still a chance that Can't can slip to #4 if we beat them?I really wanted the chances of a Can't/Akron championship game to stay alive. I really think that it would be great for NE Ohio college basketball. A huge crowd, in Cleveland, with both of the area's big universities......and...hopefully....great hype from all of the Cleveland TV Stations.

The only opportunity for UA and Can't State to meet in the finals exists if UA and UT lose on the weekend. That would drop UA to the 3 and elevate Can't to the 1 by virtue of the first tiebreaker w/ Toledo (flushes won). UA and Can't State can not drop to the 4 seed. That will either be OU or Miami at this point. Not sure if WMU can sneak in there or not .. haven't seen the West scores from Thursday yet.

Standings as of 7 AM on 3/2: (The EMU/CMU game was postponed until tonight because of weather)EASTAkron 12-3Can't 12-3Miami 10-5Ohio 9-6Buffalo 3-12BG 2-13WESTToledo 13-2Western 8-7Central 7-7Eastern 5-9Ball State 5-10Northern 3-12Akrons has clinched atleast the three. They'll be two with a win over Can't, three with a loss.The other seeds, with the most likely team listed first: #1 - Toledo or Can't #2 - Akron or Can't #3 - Can't or Akron #4 - Miami or Ohio (Ohio owns tie breaker over Miami, but need miami to lose to BG, prolly not going to happen) #5 - Ohio or Miami (Ohio owns tie breaker over Western, so they clinch atleast a the 5) #6 - Western or Central (Western owns tie breaker by having beat Can't) #7 - Central or Western #8 - Eastern or Ball St. (EMU owns tiebreaker by winning both games) #9 - Ball St. or Eastern#10 - Buffalo or Northern (UB holds tie breaker)#11 - Northern or BG or Buffalo#12 - BG or BuffaloThe mac-sports.com has TBA for all the games on Thursday. With the last two games being on TV, I wonder if they juggle the lineup to get the best teams on TV...

Screw the Akron/Can't final! We had a chance to do it last year and we blew it. This year is all about the Zips! We're gonna roll over them in the semi's, then destroy our championship opponent.
yeah, the game will be 93.234% as exciting in the semis as it would be in the finals. You know your ass is going to ready for a fight the morning of the game regardless of which day it is... you wont even need a coffee. :rock:

Screw the Akron/Can't final!  We had a chance to do it last year and we blew it.  This year is all about the Zips!  We're gonna roll over them in the semi's, then destroy our championship opponent.
yeah, the game will be 93.234% as exciting in the semis as it would be in the finals. You know your ass is going to ready for a fight the morning of the game regardless of which day it is... you wont even need a coffee. :rock:
Assuming both Akron and Can't can take care of business in the quarters, I can't even imagine the anticipation leading up to the game. The rivalry may rise to a whole other level.

What I take from this...barring a miracle (Toledo loses at home to CMU and Can't beats us), Akron and K.E.N.T. are locked into the 2 and 3 seeds, meaning we'll play again in the semis if we win the quarterfinals, regardless of what happens sunday. Man, I LOVE COLLEGE BASKETBALL!!! GO ZIPS!!! :screwks::screwks::screwks::screwks::screwks: