Good Job JD...

timmyboy

Jury is still out on JD as far as I'm concerned.  Just ask Mike Thomas.
I agree, He hasn't done that much really.
Without mentioning LO & PW (we been down that road about a jillion times),who do you think would being doing a better job at Akron than JD? Just curious.Before you answer, ask yourself if this person would coach at AKRON under the same conditions.Then tell me how much you are going to pay this coach (is it in Akron's budget).Then tell me if you think the program was better off before JD or after JD (for the love of god don't mention LO)What do you think JD's goals were when he came to Akron in the years that he has been here?Do you think he has met his goals? Fell short? Exceeded? If you are not happy with JD, I would be interestedin reading what exactly you expected from him and where he is falling short.
I was thinking the same thing when I was reading some posts in this thread, but I think you put it in perspective very well. I'd like to hear some well-thought out responses to your questions.
Might be asking too much. :( Seems like the majority that have a problem with JD are just local LO fans.

JD left me frustrated last year with the poor special teams play and play calling. He has addressed both of these problems by handing over the play calling and taking over the special teams himself. I believe a good coach is one who can see weakness and make changes. He didn't adjust during the season but he has changed things now, hopefully for the better. Time will tell if these moves help the team, but I am behind JD till he proves he's not the man we need. This is the last year for LO players and from now on we will see if JD's recruiting classes will make the difference. I think we have beter athletes and more depth now than we did, but LO found many local marginal looking players who became very good Zips players. I think Jd will now have the time to evaluate play and make changes during the game since he has given up the offensive coordinator duties. I look forward to a more polished and disciplined team taking the field this fall. No more stupid fouls by crouch and alleman to move us out of the red zone.

:rock: interesting that ANYONE has the time to rate'non-BCS' coaches...talk about a meaningless obscure 'statistic'!!!...Look JD has brought some visibilty to the program...he has taken some huge chances when it comes to recruiting...can you say mickey baker,david harvey etc...he has brought in some people who were generally more talented than we were used to seeing...BIGSY,Getsy,Kennedy...now, what he has not done YET is beat the MAC consistently...frankly it doesn't matter how they play against the OSU's, PSU's....he needs to show he can assemble a TEAM that can win against the BEST MAC teams...not just Buffalo etc etc...this is the year we will find out how good OL JD really is...there are some holes but there is enough talent that with GOOD coaching that they should be competing to win the east division...

I don't see where anyone is calling for JD's resignation here. Basically, I'm looking for some year over year improvement. JD isn't going going to get heat from anyone at UA for at least two years. LO was predictable. The first Offensive series after the half, we would go deep at least once. Lots of Offense, No Defense, and we would find a way to lose an exciting game. I give LO credit for getting me hooked on MAC football...it was exciting if disappointing. JD isn't as predictable, Defense getting better, Offense getting worse, Special Teams suck. Finds a way to win.Looking at our schedule, Given the QB and Line situation, I would expect to get pummled OOC, but the last two games better have MACC implications. If we aren't in the running, I'll be disappointed. If we lose one of the last 2 games and that keeps us from the MACC, I can't really complain.