$22.7M for Quaker Square

Get your facts correct BuckZip Enrollment is on the rise. It jump 1,000 from Fall 2005 to Fall 2006 and I have been told it is already 2,000 students over last fall.Oh and the Suckeyes would be the Ohio State University
Like I said it has declined quite a bit over the past 20 years. Maybe it has grown some in the past couple of years, but since the 80's it is down quite a bit.Maybe you should research your facts...................So, the Suckeyes are OSU. Hmmmm, I remember when I was an immature 3rd grader, I used to call those I was jealous of names too. Fortunately I grew up and realized there is no need to be jealous. Just get better than them at what makes you jealous and you will be happier for it.Dr. Z. love the link. A BB gun. I guess that ranks up there with nearly half of our recruits never playing a down because of grades....And before you claim any cheating, you may want to check graduation rates.You guys make it tough to be a fan sometime. Being a grad of both schools, I feel the urge to have to defend one against the other. Funny thing is that I never have to defend UA on any other sites. When I say things like, "I hope Akron destroys OSU" I usually get responses such as "it should be a good game", or "in your dreams", or "maybe someday, but not this year"No negative attacks on UA. None whatsoever.I am sure someone here will report me for defending my alma mater. So be it.

it's not about being jealous, it's about taking a stand to show people that it's ok not to be an OSU fan, but a Zip fan. Most of the bashing comes after Zips fans see Akron get disrespect from the local community. Everytime Akon gets pushed aside in this area, it's like a stab in the heart to Zip fans.For some reason, people in this area think it's the standard quo to be a Buckeye fan. So when one of those lost souls finds people pushing OSU aside for Akron, the hope is they'll be turned to the light.The reason we bash OSU is because we don't feel the current attitudes in this area towards the Zips is acceptable. We just want people to get off the front running bandwagon and root for their local product.To change the attitudes of the people who think OSU is the only college sport in Ohio worth rooting for, that is why we bash!!

Bobby, I never agree with anything you say because you usually are trying to be very confrontational. However, I 100000000% agree with you.However, I see the need to bash the people that are doing this. Not the school.I don't buy off of someone that tells me how bad the other product is. I buy off the guy that tells me how great his product is. By bashing OSU, I don't think you are helping the UA cause at all. If anything, it pushes people away. IMHOI guess I use the same logic whenever I see a movie where s guys wife is cheating with another man. The husband goes after the other man. If it were me, I would kick him out and my wife and I would have the discussion. She is the one that cheated, not the other guy.(that is unless he is married too).I think we agree here. It ticks me off also when I see people at an Akron game wearing OSU stuff. I have even said things to people at games before about it. I would never ever think about doing that. However, the problem is with these people. Not OSU. I am very confident that if Akron would start winning, we would see some outstanding support. People around here are starving for a winner. The Zips could be it.

Getting back to the topic...the Buchtelite answers a few of the questions:http://www.buchtelite.com/The site (9 acres) does in fact adjoin the existing campus footprint. The shops will be allowed to continue operating. Implementation date may be next summer. The historical nature & memorabilia are to be preserved.On a disappointing note, the Buchtelite now requires registration/login/email address to access the full content. I guess I won't view it as much anymore.I may be biased toward the U. but I would rather see downtown businesses move out to the suburbs where there are already hotels than have a new hotel built downtown and increase the value of real estate there which UA will undoubtedly need in the future :D

I could swear that when I was going to Akron in the late 70's, early 80's, our enrollment was pushing the living hell out of 30,000.We were number three behind OSU and UC.Anyone else from that era remember the enrollment?
Zip81, you are correct. Actually I think we were bigger than UC. Could be wrong though.I thought we were second behind OSU. I could be wrong on that though.