Detailed stadium rendering

MRasor0200

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh...just checked the blog...it is a beautiful stadium, the thing i noticed is the room around the exterior on the endzones leaving space for possible expansion. Curious the giant "PEPSI" scoreboard. Could we be playing at Pepsi Field? Cant wait to buy my season tickets...GO ZIPS!

Beautiful stadium indeed. Anyone know of plans for additional parking? Besides the little lot between the stadium and the field house, as well as the student lot adjacent to Route 8, there doesn't seem like enough. Just trying to envision the new hot pre-game tailgating spot ;)

It really is very impressive. I can't wait to see detail looking towards the east to see what the press box side of the stadium really looks like. I knew the university wouldn't disappoint us!!! :) As far as tailgating, that will be interesting. There are no large parking fields that I know of any where near there.

What happened to you guys all being pissed off if it wasn't a bowl! JUST KIDDINGI told you guys 2 sided stadiums can look nice. And honest to God: that looks like the big side of Stambaugh with a much larger east stands, or whatever direction it is for you guys!You will outdo YSU here!

As far as tailgating, that will be interesting. There are no large parking fields that I know of any where near there.
Maybe we can gather in some of the restaurants that will open up downtown and along Exchange due to the BEAUTIFUL new stadium!!! I had a blast in Detroit for the Motor City Bowl a few years back, what was the sportsbar where everyone gathered called, Hockeytown?

What happened to you guys all being pissed off if it wasn't a bowl! JUST KIDDINGI told you guys 2 sided stadiums can look nice. And honest to God: that looks like the big side of Stambaugh with a much larger east stands, or whatever direction it is for you guys!You will outdo YSU here!
We're not even thinking about outdoing YSU. We don't care about YSU. We're looking to outdo the entire MAC Conference and most of the Big East!

We're not even thinking about outdoing YSU. We don't care about YSU. We're looking to outdo the entire MAC Conference and most of the Big East!
That stadium looks to be about 25,000 seats. The big side probably seats about 15,000; the smaller side around 10,000.You outdid Can't here, and most of the MAC, but I don't think you are anywhere near outdoing the entire MAC and Big East.But I emailed that rendering to the people I work with, and already 5 of em said it's a bigger and nicer version of Stambaugh, and considering we are Top 3 in the I-AA for stadiums: THAT IS GREAT TO HEAR!Congratulations!

As far as tailgating, that will be interesting.  There are no large parking fields that I know of any where near there.
Maybe we can gather in some of the restaurants that will open up downtown and along Exchange due to the BEAUTIFUL new stadium!!! I had a blast in Detroit for the Motor City Bowl a few years back, what was the sportsbar where everyone gathered called, Hockeytown?
I think the new tailgate spot might end up being across exchange at the old baseball fields. I noticed the U buying and tearing down tons of homes along Brown St. Could it be a tailgate lot in the making?

Gorgeous, and I can even see my house in the picture. Boy will the construction be fun to watch.With the new stadium they are really going to try to take over Exchange as a whole... and frankly I'm all for it. Tear down the plasma place, the few dumpy hole-in-the-walls, and open up newer and fresher places. This would help complete the commuter to real campus transformation. It's getting there, but with that many new dorms the entire area will need to get upgraded. The City should be kissing UA's six for helping transform the dilapidated city.

The stadium is to hold 27,500. The Univ. does not believe they need to add any parking spaces since they they currently have 10,000 on campus spaces available. The old Buchtel field is being renovated for intramural sports.It looks as though Exchange St. will be the main corridor to the U of A.

It looks as though Exchange St. will be the main corridor to the U of A.
I heard a report awhile back that Exchange was to be re-paved and among other things have a median down the middle...was there any truth to that?
The stadium is to hold 27,500. The Univ. does not believe they need to add any parking spaces since they they currently have 10,000 on campus spaces available. The old Buchtel field is being renovated for intramural sports.
27,500 is a great number...smaller than the rubber bowl, but still a big-time feel. And parking is honestly not going to be an issue, especially if the games are on weekends, and with certain lots operating at less than stellar numbers anyway. (East Deck comes to mind)

The stadium is to hold 27,500. The Univ. does not believe they need to add any parking spaces since they they currently have 10,000 on campus spaces available.
When you say 27500 is that structured seating? Or is that if people are sitting on the endzone hills? Because it looks like it would be 27500 in west and east bleachers, and over 30,000 for "standing room only".Either way it would be ample seating. I just hope they utilize the potential grass seating.

It looks like a great place to watch a game. Being on campus will make all the difference. After looking at the pic for a while, it reminds me an awful lot of Peden Stadium in Athens (Pics) Except with a bigger press box and a little more seating... even the scoreboard is the similar...

This looks great... points everything in just the right direction. I wish this would have been in place 5 years ago...the Big East is unofficially on the hunt (according to the nytimes) for another team and the Cleveland market would be attractive from a size perspective. But just get it built, fill it, win...and then things will take care of themselves.