Patriot Bowl Tailgating

skip-zip

With the Patriot Bowl being only 6 days away, I want to start a thread again so that all of us Zips fans can gather together.Most people I am hearing from do not want to go to the "official" party, and would rather just hang out with other Zips fans in a parking lot area somewhere.I do recall a previous thread talking about a location on the West side of the river as a possibility.

This is the previous tailgate thread. Click for Tailgate InfoI still don't know where I'll set up shop. Maybe here, maybe the muny lot. A parking deck seems pretty sterile? Is it really a decent place to fire up a grill? Is the atmosphere good...or is it just like...well...grilling in a parking garage?

Thanks Captain. The Muny lot would normally be my choice, but only because I don't go up there often enough to know of anything else.This sounds much better, especially with "real" facilities. Might also be an ideal location to watch the remainder of the airshow. Thanks again. I hope others read this thread and we can get a large contingent of Zips fans getting fired up for the game together.

Thanks Captain.  The Muny lot would normally be my choice, but only because I don't go up there often enough to know of anything else.This sounds much better, especially with "real" facilities.  Might also be an ideal location to watch the remainder of the airshow.  Thanks again.  I hope others read this thread and we can get a large contingent of Zips fans getting fired up for the game together.
I think the Muny lot is going to be very busy with the air show.I would get there early, park up on the mall, then walk across the bridge to the stadium.Tailgating? I hear there is some kind of University sponsored buffet on Mall C, between City Hall and the Old Courthouse on Lakeside Ave.This one is dicey for tailgating....in addition to the air show, the Indians also have a 7:05 game with the White Sox at the Jake.Downtown going to be a bit crazy.Maybe go to a surface lot ...pay the guy for two spots and pull out the grill. That's what a lot of people do for the Indians games...especially on opening day. A bit anticeptic...yes...but we are in downtown Cleveland. :P

The Muny Lot will be full of airshow attendees who will be sitting across the street in the bleachers for the air show -- if by action you are referring to a lot of empty cars -- then I think it'll be a great place to tailgate.My comments about the Courthouse are in the thread previous. With the Akron buffet tailgate happening in Mall C it will be near enough to visit and see what's going on.

The Port Lot may be the best option cuz as someone else said, the muni lot will primarily be Air Show fans, the Mall C lot may be really lame and who the heck wants to party in a parking deck? :unsure: Planning on being there round 3 and hopefully will find other Zip fans in lots not full of Army or Air Show people.~Chris

Here's a good tailgating tip.If you're looking to save some bucks...don't buy those over-priced tailgating flagpoles you see on some of the Web sites.Here's what I did...go up to Home Depot or Lowes, buy a telescoping pole that you clean windows with and use that as your flag pole.Simple and costs about $25 instead of the $90 to $125 they charge on the Web. In addition, you can hoist that baby about 20 feet into the air.Now lets see those Blue & Gold colors waving in the wind!!!zipsflag.gifAK_Oldies_new_wht_r1_c1.jpg

Here's a good tailgating tip.If you're looking to save some bucks...don't buy those over-priced tailgating flagpoles you see on some of the Web sites.Here's what I did...go up to Home Depot or Lowes, buy a telescoping pole that you clean windows with and use that as your flag pole.Simple and costs about $25 instead of the $90 to $125 they charge on the Web. In addition, you can hoist that baby about 20 feet into the air.Now lets see those Blue & Gold colors waving in the wind!!!zipsflag.gifAK_Oldies_new_wht_r1_c1.jpg
Now that's what I am talk'n bout!! Thanks..and the cool part is my wife works at Home Depot, so you know i will have one tomorrow. :thumb:

I'll be behind the courthouse and parking shouldn't be too bad each event is happening in areas that shouldn't conflict with each other - nobody is parking by the stadium for the ball game and the muni lot will be full for the air show, but will empty out in time for those not tailgating to get to the game and park. I've got about 10 people tailgating with me and others joining.

Man we are gonna be scattered all over the place some in the pit, some by the stadium, some by the courtyard, some back in Akron some, in lake Erie. I just wanna be where there is gonna be an abundance of zips fans partying getting hype for the game. I talkin kids throwing the football around while dad grills his BBQ trying to hide his beer in a cozy.

I just checked the Air Show schedule, and it is due to end by 4 p.m. Saturday.That may loosen things up in the Muni lot for the Zips game.Here's a link to the Air show schedule:http://www.clevelandairshow.com/schedules/schedules.htmlPersonally, I think I'm going to get there early and hit the Pit, or the Port Authority parking lot off W. 3rd.