Westfield Cup Champs

Just want to recognize our premier sports team.............the Futbol club!Congrats on winning the Westfield Cup. Kick ass in N.C. and send a message we are still pissed about our ranking two years ago and getting stiffed last year.I predict two NCAA Championships in the next four years. No kidding! They look THAT good.

Anybody can publish a poll, but the only one that matters is the National Soccer Coaches Association of America poll. It should come out on Tue. Look for it at NSCAA.com.BTW, did you see how Maryland took apart Notre Dame over the weekend? Wow, the ACC is awfully good -- but so are the unranked Akron Zips. So good I expect them to be top-15 in the debut poll.Sorry to the Goal Patrol for missing the show over the weekend. I had Computer Meltdown Syndrome. But UA melted down David Gualdarrama and the Loblows. Go Get'em! :rock:

Fantastic showing this weekend. I was unable to attend on Sunday, but Friday's game was excellent and the "goal patrol" came out in greater numbers than I expected and were energetic and loud from start to finish. I'm sure Coach Porter and the players are appreciative... it was a nice gesture on the players' part to come over and salute the Rowdies after the game. Cheers to Sunday's performance as well. It's not easy to hold your own for an entire game while playing a man down, and to notch a goal in the closing minutes in that situation is icing on the cake. For some reason I have a feeling that goal is going to prove very meaningful come tournament selection time. (Anyone know what Bradbrook did to get sent off? If it was a foul was it really deserving of a red?) I'm cautiously optimistic heading into what are probably our two most difficult games of the season this weekend against two highly regarded opponents from the best soccer conference in the NCAA. It's great that we got a spot in this tournament. The defense has been solid, we've controlled the midfield well, and the freshmen have wasted no time making major contributions.One other question... Ossie injured or something? Noticed he didn't play in either game.Bring on Wake and UNC!!!!!