Johnny Adams

Yes, but Adams has never wanted to go to Akron from his comments on all the recruiting interviews. All he talked about was "wanting more and bigger offers" when Akron was one of his few choices. This kid wants to play at a bigger school. He may switch from MSU (which I doubt), but it will be to an equally sized university if he does.Paul S. de-committed after they got rid of John L Smith at MSU. Dantonio isn't going anywhere any time soon.

There was about half a chance in h--l that adams was going to commit to Akron. He has stars in his eyes and he thinks he is better than he truly is. I know for a fact that he is going try to finish hs by December so he can start college in January.The fact of the matter is, Johnny Adams WILL NOT ever play a down for MSU. He has no people skills and has only one thing on his mind, And that is Johnny Adams. I look for him to try to come to Akron in '09.

I can probably answer for Buckzip. Akron is still considered a "last resort" option by many of the local players. The University is not known as an academic or football power. The local support is dismal. Players want to play Big Ten ball for the most part. If they only have MAC offers we have a chance, but RARELY and I mean rarely does a local kid with offers from other schools stay in Akron. Akron isn't exactly a place you want to stay in as compared to other areas.

there were some posters on this board who said none of akron's players could start even for the two deep at osu.i did not see much difference in talent from there defense and akron's.i think we can compete for players with any other mac schools.when we lose kids it's to the big ten schools not mac schools.at the same time im not sure there is much of a talent difference with the top teams in the mac to the bottom teams of the big ten anyways.once we get the new stadium under construction things should get alott better.

Zipgrad01, I appreciate your answer for buckzip but I'm still interested in buckzip's opinion since he offered the statement.. Furthermore, if you research from a historical perspective why the local suupport is dismal you will also receive several reasons why local talent won't stay at home and play for the zips. B)

there were some posters on this board who said none of akron's players could start even for the two deep at osu.i did not see much difference in talent from there defense and akron's.i think we can compete for players with any other mac schools.when we lose kids it's to the big ten schools not mac schools.at the same time im not sure there is much of a talent difference with the top teams in the mac to the bottom teams of the big ten anyways.once we get the new stadium under construction things should get alott better.
Racer, That was me. However, I said that there were 2 guys that would be in their 2 deep. Kemme and Reggie Corner. Corner may even start. I think he is better than Donald Washington. Please tell me which OSU player you would replace with an Akron player in the starting lineup.
Buckzip maybe we all don't know the answer to that. I'm interested hearing from you what the answer is from your perspective
Sorry SoFlaZip, I am not biting on that one. :D

There was about half a chance in h--l that adams was going to commit to Akron. He has stars in his eyes and he thinks he is better than he truly is. I know for a fact that he is going try to finish hs by December so he can start college in January.The fact of the matter is, Johnny Adams WILL NOT ever play a down for MSU. He has no people skills and has only one thing on his mind, And that is Johnny Adams. I look for him to try to come to Akron in '09.
You guys are a joke. You hype and hype a guy and then when he doesn't commit, all of a sudden he is "not that good anyways". Good luck at MSU, Johnny. Way to take advantage of the exposure of playing in a BCS Conference.Since when are people skills required to play football??

• 2 weeks later...

Just for an updateJohnny Adams (a recruit we won't land) and Buchtel 0-5Larry Dawson (a recruit we are fairly likely to land) and North 4-1While I'm at it, I would say that JD should look at this Donta Covington because he is quite the back, Dawson will most likely end up on the defensive side of the ball, and Covington might be a pretty nice spark in a couple of years. (barring grade issues, I haven't heard from Coach Johnson how that is looking)Also if you interested in local talentFirestone vs North tonight 7pm at the Rubber Bowl (this has huge city series title implications)

There was about half a chance in h--l that adams was going to commit to Akron.  He has stars in his eyes and he thinks he is better than he truly is.  I know for a fact that he is going try to finish hs by December so he can start college in January.The fact of the matter is, Johnny Adams WILL NOT ever play a down for MSU.  He has no people skills and has only one thing on his mind,  And that is Johnny Adams. I look for him to try to come to Akron in '09.
You guys are a joke. You hype and hype a guy and then when he doesn't commit, all of a sudden he is "not that good anyways". Good luck at MSU, Johnny. Way to take advantage of the exposure of playing in a BCS Conference.Since when are people skills required to play football??
Actually Mrs. Adams. It's not that he isn't any good. it's that he isn't as good as he thinks he is. Actually he is a good football player.