Zippy Update

zip81

Alright. Here's who we need to vote for this week so that Zippy becomes the only undefeated mascot.ZIPPY vs. OttoSEYMOUR vs. Big RedJOE BRUIN vs. CockyCAVMAN vs. HokieBirdCOSMO vs. Goldy GopherHAIRY DAWG vs. MonteThose choices should give us the best chance to win. Goldy and Big Red are the only other undefeateds at this point. What ever you do, vote against them.

Alright. Here's who we need to vote for this week so that Zippy becomes the only undefeated mascot.ZIPPY vs. OttoSEYMOUR vs. Big RedJOE BRUIN vs. CockyCAVMAN vs. HokieBirdCOSMO vs. Goldy GopherHAIRY DAWG vs. MonteThose choices should give us the best chance to win. Goldy and Big Red are the only other undefeateds at this point. What ever you do, vote against them.
I see Cocky is not living up to his name lately. :lol:

Holy cow ... Zippy on steroids? He hasn't slowed down a bit from his surge this morning to take round 2. He's garnered the most votes so far in round 3 of all of the mascots and has built a 349-vote lead over the orange blob. I wonder when the other schools are going to start ganging up to pump up the 'Cuse?

Anyone notice that Zippy's surge began when Channel 3's morning show went on the air? We were tracking it all morning and it seemed to be consistent with our mentioning it. I'm not patting ourselves on the back, but it seemed to work.
That definetly helped, but an interesting side effect of our all-out media campaign is that both Brutus and the Golden flush are in the top 5 write-ins. That tells me that more people are voting in NE Ohio than anywhere else in the country. I think the surge had multiple factors including the mention on channel 3 and the BJ article on the front page of the local section. Plus our dedicated voting base from this website.This is one of the few oppurtunities that we will ever have where the fans control the outcome. Winning this shows the country, the locals, and the local media that we really do care about the Zips and Zippy. Akron's fan base is a potential sleeping giant. Just look at other teams in NE Ohio, when they are average, they get average attendance, but then when they are good, their attendance breaks all kinds of records (Jacobs field's string of sellouts, The Cavs fanbase more than doubling overnight when they made it to the finals, ect.) that just doesn't happen in other cities.

dear fans and friends of the nation all i can say is thank you thank you thank youYou guys rock my world. I am so very blessed to have great friends. Anyone and everyone I owe a great big hug to. Anyonewho has helped out in terms of media i can't thank you enough. The marketing plan keeps getting stronger and stonger. If any one has any ideas or any places they would like zippy to show up let me know. I can't promise they can be everywhere but we can try and write it in to the plan. This week you can check zippy out on wfmj channel 4 in the youngstown area at 6:00 am on wednesday. Thanks again you guys are so greatbakes

dear fans and friends of the nation all i can say is thank you thank you thank youYou guys rock my world. I am so very blessed to have great friends. Anyone and everyone I owe a great big hug to. Anyonewho has helped out in terms of media i can't thank you enough. The marketing plan keeps getting stronger and stonger. If any one has any ideas or any places they would like zippy to show up let me know. I can't promise they can be everywhere but we can try and write it in to the plan. This week you can check zippy out on wfmj channel 4 in the youngstown area at 6:00 am on wednesday. Thanks again you guys are so greatbakes
As I told you Saturday...I got my buddy Purdue Pete voting for you too...and after a class today (that I was covering for another professor) a couple students mentioned the voting. Word is spreading; Zippy can go undefeated in this thing if we keep it up.I haven't been keeping track; has Andy Baskin been involved in pushing this? He's generally been pretty responsive to things, or at least he was at Channel 3.Has UA made any promotional knick-knack things like buttons to wear? That might be useful too--wearing something every day gets noticed by different people every time.