Easy now, Zips fans

Class of 82

For all the bad today (and there was plenty), I think it's one of those days when we have to keep our eyes on the prize, which is a MAC title and a bowl-game opportunity.Here's the lemonade I'm trying to make out of the lemon the Zips laid today.1) This was a non-conference game for a 2-2 Zips squad.2) The third-string NT hung in and played well for two solid quarters before getting gassed and gunned down. Over the long haul of the season, we're the better for it. (But boy do we need Nate back fast.)3) Without a stud NT, our 3-5-3 defense is basically a sham against a quality opponent, in my un-educated opinion. And I think that's just a fact of life we have to deal with as fans. We have one stud NT (Nate), and he didn't play today.4) Other than taking some really crucial and needless sacks, Jacquemain played a darned good game. The fade to Arthur in the end zone was a thing of beauty. The step-up to (I think?) Poindexter was also clutch on a third down early. I won't minimize the bone-headed sacks, but C-Jacq grew as a QB today, and I think that will serve Akron well in the games and years ahead.5) I think this coaching staff finally realizes Bryan Williams and Alex Allen are the best two running backs on the team. (But wow, what a one-handed catch DK made today!) In particular, I think I saw some glimpses today of the kind of plays I think BW can make for the Zips in the weeks ahead. He WILL win a game for us this year, and you can take that to the bank.Anyway, it was hard to watch. It pissed me off. It upset me. But it's over. It's MAC time now.I want a title. I think we have a chance for one. It's time to go out and get it done. :champs::screwks: Later,Class of 82P.S. Wouldn't it be cool if we got another crack at UConn in a bowl game? B)

Zips fans have a reason to be a little upset, but remember this:1) UCONN is undefeated and in the big east2) We have been playing O.K. against these big teams like Indiana, the Suckeyes, and UCONN3) Our future looks promising. We don't have Harvey which is also killing us. CJ was benched today (and yes, we probably would've made it more of a game if he was in) but we still got 10 points.4) THE MAC SCHEDULE IS STARTING AND I THINK WE HAVE A GOOD CHANCE THIS YEAR. :screwks::champs::cheers:

Probably the only promising thing that happened today was that Can't drilled Ohio U.No, I'm not one to celebrate a Can't State win. But, it shows me that Ohio does not have the defense they had last year, as I suspected. This does make the MAC East look a little bit more winnable today, especially since we've already beaten Can't State head-to-head.

I agree with all the above.I say Calm Down to all the negative people.Yes we did get waxed in the second half but come on. The D just ran out of gas in the second half. Remember they put all they had into last weeks game. I really don't think the Zips were really 100% into the game from the start. Next week is huge. They need to regroup and come out strong and get to 2 - 0 in the MAC.

Zips fans have a reason to be a little upset, but remember this:1) UCONN is undefeated and in the big east2) We have been playing O.K. against these big teams like Indiana, the Suckeyes, and UCONN3) Our future looks promising. We don't have Harvey which is also killing us. CJ was benched today (and yes, we probably would've made it more of a game if he was in) but we still got 10 points.4) THE MAC SCHEDULE IS STARTING AND I THINK WE HAVE A GOOD CHANCE THIS YEAR. :screwks::champs::cheers:
lilroodude, I apologize b/c I'm gonna shread you on this, but I'm just getting a little tired of this kind of an attitude from a lot of people around here. These are all just bad excuses. That's all this is is an excuse thread.1) UConn is undefeated. Whoopie. They beat a Duke team that at the time had the longest losing streak in the country. They barely beat a Temple team that now holds that distinction. They took down a Pitt team that is spiraling down hill so fast it is comical and they took down that 1-3 IAA powerhouse Maine. Stop me when I'm supposed to be impressed. So they are in the Big East. Despite the fact that the Conference is having their best overall season in decades they are still the weakest conference in the BCS.2) Next time I get chewed out for not doing a good job at work I'm using excuse #2. "But sir, I did an OK job. Isn't an OK job good enough?" It's time to stop looking for moral victories (stop me at the part of the game where you find any) against these BCS teams and start putting some check marks in the win column. Plain and simple. This team will never get anywhere if we continue to be content to try and get above .500 in Conference play.3) How promising is our future really? Next year we lose our top reciever with little to no talent behind him. There goes any resemblance of a passing game if we even have one to begin with. We lose a bunch of guys in the secondary and at linebacker. We still have no depth on the defensive line. We can't even get our top recruits onto campus let alone retain them if they do make it here. I fail to see the optimism.4) Whoopdie-doo. We've got a chance to take a Championship in one of the worst conferences in all of Division IA football. I'll be mildly impressed if we can do it by going undefeated in conference play. Backing into another Championship by going .500 or a tick over is nothing to get excited about.I'm sorry guys. I just can't get over this kind of a loss. Not right now. Maybe not for a while.

Zips fans have a reason to be a little upset, but remember this:1) UCONN is undefeated and in the big east2) We have been playing O.K. against these big teams like Indiana, the Suckeyes, and UCONN3) Our future looks promising. We don't have Harvey which is also killing us. CJ was benched today (and yes, we probably would've made it more of a game if he was in) but we still got 10 points.4) THE MAC SCHEDULE IS STARTING AND I THINK WE HAVE A GOOD CHANCE THIS YEAR. :screwks:  :champs:  :cheers:
lilroodude, I apologize b/c I'm gonna shread you on this, but I'm just getting a little tired of this kind of an attitude from a lot of people around here. These are all just bad excuses. That's all this is is an excuse thread.1) UConn is undefeated. Whoopie. They beat a Duke team that at the time had the longest losing streak in the country. They barely beat a Temple team that now holds that distinction. They took down a Pitt team that is spiraling down hill so fast it is comical and they took down that 1-3 IAA powerhouse Maine. Stop me when I'm supposed to be impressed. So they are in the Big East. Despite the fact that the Conference is having their best overall season in decades they are still the weakest conference in the BCS.2) Next time I get chewed out for not doing a good job at work I'm using excuse #2. "But sir, I did an OK job. Isn't an OK job good enough?" It's time to stop looking for moral victories (stop me at the part of the game where you find any) against these BCS teams and start putting some check marks in the win column. Plain and simple. This team will never get anywhere if we continue to be content to try and get above .500 in Conference play.3) How promising is our future really? Next year we lose our top reciever with little to no talent behind him. There goes any resemblance of a passing game if we even have one to begin with. We lose a bunch of guys in the secondary and at linebacker. We still have no depth on the defensive line. We can't even get our top recruits onto campus let alone retain them if they do make it here. I fail to see the optimism.4) Whoopdie-doo. We've got a chance to take a Championship in one of the worst conferences in all of Division IA football. I'll be mildly impressed if we can do it by going undefeated in conference play. Backing into another Championship by going .500 or a tick over is nothing to get excited about.I'm sorry guys. I just can't get over this kind of a loss. Not right now. Maybe not for a while.
I agree that they have beaten nobody or little talent teams. But they are still BCS and in the Big East. And yes we do need to win these games but that will come very soon. We almost beat Indiana and OSU. just give it a little more time.Jabari has Harvey behind him. And I hear this backup QB Matt Rogers is the real deal. I hope we can injury redshirt Mackey. And I think we are recruiting pretty well.I care about the championship because if we win that we get another trophy and a trip to a bowl game THAT'S ON ESPN!!!!!! THAT IS HUGE FOR THIS TEAM!!!!!I know how you feel about the loss. I'm ticked too but we gotta put that behind us and look at the future. :screwks: OU lost to them so they suck Miami (OH) sucks Toledo blows the roof off of their ugly basketball stadium. Bowling Green is the only other contender and they are in the west. Western is a good challenge this week to see where we are at. :screwks::champs::cheers:

Help me understand something:We constantly play the "no respect" card, then when we lose, it's ok because we lost to a BCS team.We can't have our cake and eat it too...we need to either man up and beat another BCS opponent or stop bitching about a constant lack of respect for the conference.
And the congregation said ..... "AMEN"

I taped the UCONN game to watch Sat. night. Unimaginative offense and a defense that lacked effort late (example - Grant missed tackle on a 60 yard UCONN touchdown gallop). Very difficult to watch as we should have been very competitive or beat this team.The key to this game came after the second half opening interception by Akron. We needed to move the ball and score after the turnover and we went three and out (a bad penalty call may have helped). All momentun was lost and the game spiraled out of control.Now as we turn to the MAC schedule down the stretch, I wonder: will our offense develop any plays that are a surprise to our opponents and will our defense play with heart (including playing on a bum ankle).