Akron - Temple Game Thread

Z.I.P.

I'm furious. Once again, we get scorched in the second half because the other team makes adjustments and we come out playing a flat game.A one-dimensional QB, no throws to Arthur, running right into their blitz on 3rd and 2 when we can close out the game...it doesn't take a football mind to figure out how to fix these things, so why can't the coaches seem to do it?

jd is going to live and die with jac.at the same time jd did not give his qb a chance.what is up with three running plays up the middle.this lose falls clearly on jd because he did not give the team a chance to win the game.why not put carlton jackson in to see what he could do since we got nothing in the second half.

I totally agree on these fluke wins-- it's nice to get the W but in every case it is more about being given the game than us winning it. And then it is followed by a total break down. Frenchie just summed it up=="3rd and 2 and they run it right up the middle".I'm sorry, a couple of nifty trick plays on kick off returns or a lucky lateral on a punt return doesn't change the fact that the play calling is consistently bad, the team collapsing in the 4th quarter, untimely and too many penalties, no killer instinct to put away a game they are winning, and finally-- I realize I am deep in 'butt monkey' mode-- WHY DOES THERE NOT SEEM TO BE ANY AKRON ADVANTAGE IN OVERALL TALENT IN ANY GAME WE PLAY AGAINST MAC TEAMS?!!!!. I keep hearing that we have these amazing recruiting classes but in the end we are really not qualitatively better. In fact, it appears that Can't, for Gods sakes, is fielding a more physically imposing and faster team than us.Sorry, don't mean to be negative. When do we start putting games away we should win? The occasional fluke win is great-- but it totally distorts where the program really is.

I think we've earned a position in ESPN's bottom 10 for this collapse...not the kind of publicity we need.I agree with the comments that we don't have noticeably better talent than other MAC teams as the recruiting rankings might indicate. That's b/c our talent that is recruited never makes it to the field or plays a year and is gone (e.g. Harvey).

I think we've earned a position in ESPN's bottom 10 for this collapse...not the kind of publicity we need.I agree with the comments that we don't have noticeably better talent than other MAC teams as the recruiting rankings might indicate. That's b/c our talent that is recruited never makes it to the field or plays a year and is gone (e.g. Harvey).
It's time for JD to start feeling the heat. Every time we do something great, it takes a "miracle". We are not beating any football teams. We wait for the other team to lose it. The recruiting we know needs to change. It's a joke. Where were all those athletes recruited today? His only legit receiver is an owens recruit. I just do not like the direction this program is going. Call me a But-Monkey

ok...1) It's only one loss, and Temple will win other conference games.2) BG, who I thought WAS the best team in the MAC, got drilled by Miami.3) The MAC East is still up for grabs. We win at Buffalo, we're right back in it.4) We lost to Temple, who still has Big East level talent (sorta)5) We lost to Army at home 20-0 during our MAC title season.6) We have a tired defense that REALLY needs this rest going to Buffalo. Ok..on the negative side, I'm questioning JD. And I've been refusing to go down that road.I'm just as much in shock as I was last week, but in a totally opposite way.

:puke: hang this one on Brookhart and his staff...if there was ever a better example of their inabilty to manage a game i have not seen it in 4 years...the coaching was tentative...so were the players... some of the situational play calling on offense was absurd...like running deep reverses when you are gaining yards running right at them...and the D? well it looks the same as it has for all but one game..no changes...acres of yards to a QB who runs then get beat over the top...

Looks like the score is 3-3 in the first, but the ESPN gametracker isn't working this week. :mad_flame:
Football Falls in Heartbreaking Fashion, 24-30.At least that's what our friends from Gozips.com are reporting. Hey, I didn't see it, as you know, so maybe they're right. :P