John Mackey News

skip-zip

I'm sure that if John qualified for a med red shirt, he would sit it out. My guess is that he didn't qualify for the the med red and this is his last hurrah. He wants to go out playing football the only way he knows how.My hat's off to John, I just hope that when he gets into his 30's+ that he will have med problems the rest of his life.

Frenchy talked more about this on WNIR this morning. Like I've said before, I agree with those of us that are concerned for John's long term health. If I recall, he was also the holder at the beginning of the season. I wonder if allowing him to perform this duty might be a compromise solution (assuming the stance taken while holding isn't too hard on his knee). This way, he could still provide an emotional boost for the team while hopefully preserving his body.Speaking of throwbacks and "old school" names, is there any one better than John's namesake, the former Baltimore Colt TE who has a college football award names after him. He was a player WAY ahead of his time!! He was Kellen Winslow, before there was Kellen Winslow.