Internet Broadcast

UAZipster0305

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

spin it any way you want the team is done because jd wanted to prove his point.unfortunatley most people in akron dont even care if the zips lose.
And why would they when it's always crap like this. With OSU right down the road and always in the national title hunt, why would anyone outside UA care about its football team?

spin it any way you want the team is done because jd wanted to prove his point.unfortunatley most people in akron dont even care if the zips lose.
I'm not spinning anything. You think players should be able to break rules and not have to account for them? That's part of life. Could be he hasn't earned playing time in practice. Why don't you ask the coach and report back to ZipsNation. I'd like to know why too, but I'm not hanging the coach for decisions I know nothing about. :unsure:

How many years left on JD's contract? I think if he doesn't do something next year, he will be gone. We don't want him as our coach with a new stadium if things continue as they have last year and this year. I just hope he doesn't have so many years left that UA will have to keep him for financial reasons.

how bad is this team.i did think the first part of the year this team was playing decent ball,but they have gotten worse.like i said most people do not even care in akron.that's the sad part is apathy will set in for the rest of the season.
Sounds like they were from the start from what you've said.

sorry to be a but monkey , but jd's job is now in jeopardy. If the team goes 0 for the rest of the season (and is there any reason to think anything else will happen), look for a change. The issue is trajectory-- what direction is the program going? And is the current coaching staff worth of a $50MM investment in a new stadium? You want to hit that moment with a head of steam, clearly moving in the right direction. The question then is whether the current coaching staff, in all aspects, gives you confidence that they can leverage that HUGE investment and turn it into something. If you make a change now, a new coach can make a difference in 2 seasons.

With a weeks prep time this team was underwhelming in their gameplan, execution, and coaching decisions.
I think for me that is the most disappointing thing, and they have 3 games in the next 12 days?!!!
It looks like it's going to get worse. I never thought the season would become this dreadful.

akron is spending 30 million on a new stadium i doubt a few 100k will matter.if the big boosters want him gone then he will be gone.if they want him to stay he will stay.the average akron fan only has leverage when it comes to buying season tickets.the big boosters usually decide a fate a coach.

Well , where to start with this??? 1.)Williams drops a sure TD pass. 2.) Don't know what discipline problems with Jackson, but Jaquemain is not the anwser. 3.) Horrible red Zone playcalling. 4.) The East is gone!!!!!!!!!!! 5.) National TV for the Ohio game on ESPN2. How embarrasing will it look to have MAYBE 2000 people in the stands????

OK, now it is officially embarassing! How bad have we been outscored in the second half this season? Again, this goes back to coaching! Adjustments are made by other teams, but our guys are told to stick to the game plan! I have been harping on this all season. I could make my argument about the coaching, but reading these previous posts, I don't think I need to. Welcome, my friends!

OK, now it is officially embarassing! How bad have we been outscored in the second half this season? Again, this goes back to coaching! Adjustments are made by other teams, but our guys are told to stick to the game plan! I have been harping on this all season. I could make my argument about the coaching, but reading these previous posts, I don't think I need to. Welcome, my friends!
To update my totals...the zips now outscored a whopping 140 to 56 after halftime on the season. We are lucky to have ANY victories.

I couldn't agree more. In fact, the UB commentators actually commented on how badly we've been outscored in the second half this season. They also mentioned that our second quarters haven't been that good either. It's hard to win games based on offensive production in one quarter (the first).Here's to men's basketball and soccer. :cheers:

Let's look at the upside here folks...the zips have outscored their opponents 102-83 in the first half of games so far. Please dont tell me its a result of being "tired" any more. When teams like buffalo and temple shut you out in the second half it's a problem of the coaching staff being outplayed. Call me a butt monkey, but i'd love to see JD have one game where the opposition doesnt straight "figure us out" in the second half. Damn, it's frustrating to be a fan of any team in northeast ohio. Bring on Zips basketball.

spin it any way you want the team is done because jd wanted to prove his point.
This is coming from a guy who did not see the game, than God, but it looks as if CJ11 started. I agree and said earlier in the year that there are some coaches who would rather be right than win. With out current QB situation, JD would rather be right about CJ11 than win games. In this day and age, it is critical that the QB you put into the game be a winner and make others around him better. The good news for CJ11 is that if he continues to lose, he will join a long line of loserly QBs at Akron.