Why I will not renew our season tickets

The Hip Zip

Call me petty if you will, but I see that the U of A athletic dept wishes to charge me a $5processing fee for the privilege of donating $500 a seat to the Z Fund. Guess what ? I'm not paying it.The principle of charging me any amount of money to make a donation does not cut it here. CongratsA. D. , that five dollar bill just cost you a grand. You might just find out that filling those seatsmay be a bit tougher than it was when Romeo and Dru were in town. I enjoyed being a seasonticket holder for many years, but your greed has finally got the best of me. :mad_flame:

Call me petty if you will, but I see that the U of A athletic dept wishes to charge me a $5processing fee for the privilege of donating $500 a seat to the Z Fund. Guess what ? I'm not paying it.The principle of charging me any amount of money to make a donation does not cut it here. CongratsA. D. , that five dollar bill just cost you a grand. You might just find out that filling those seatsmay be a bit tougher than it was when Romeo and Dru were in town. I enjoyed being a seasonticket holder for many years, but your greed has finally got the best of me. :mad_flame:
that's the lamest rant i've ever read on this site! if you buy tickets anywhere like ticket master there's always a processing fee. get over it and support the team! :screwks:
I for one happen to agree with Hip Zip. If the Athletic Department is too damn lazy to process their own donations and instead farm it out to some other agency well they deserve what they get or don't get.

Cough, cough ... really? Five bucks frosts yer hiney? Me thinks you are pulling a fast one. That processing fee has been part of the ticket order for as long as I canremember. I have held season football and basketball tickets at least back to the early 1970's. I am sure there has always been a processing fee the entire time.What's the big deal other than trying to sound petty? Sixty bucks to sit in nose bleed end zone seats for a Suckeye game. Bet you wouldn't whine about paying thatfrieght.Hey, I think you can a discount on Kant State High season tickets. Turn left at the next left.

As Frenchy would say, "you gotta be kidding me"! A processing fee of $5 has you pissed? You, like many others , fall into the Akron Excuses group.....always find an innocuous reason not to give and attend games. Good grief!

PETTY

I would like to ask you what the real reason is...It can't be the $5 charge, but it has to be something else...Not to sound like Dr. Phil, but just say it is the fact that the Zips were screwed last March and that it could happen again next March, or say it is how bad the JAR is to watch a game...Trust me it is not the five dollars...Hope you stay on board with this team...We need as many people in the stands to cheer on this team.

Dear Athletic Department,Some of you know who I am. Please send me a bill for $5.00 for The Hip Zip's tickets. I have a $5.00 bill in my wallet right now and would gladly pass up eating lunch out to help him.Sincerely,GP1Comments on original post:Is this the first time you have bought tickets and noticed the $5.00 handling fee? Everyone pays the fee and has for years. The fee is for handling the tickets. There is some labor and postage involved in sending out the tickets.It's always one step forward, ten steps back with Zips fans. If it isn't $5.00 to park for a D-1A football game, it's a $5.00 handling fee for basketball tickets. It's almost insane and I'm glad I don't have to watch it in person any longer.Quick math. If Akron sells 1,000 season tickets and the average sale is three tickets per sale, that makes 334 different packages they have to send out. At $5.00 per package, they bring in $1,666 for shipping. It probably costs $2.00 per package for postage which takes the money down to $1,000. Figure $15.00 per hour to sort the tickets, that would give them 67 hours to complete the project with labor. It probably costs more than that because of FICA, etc. $5.00 is more than reasonable for a surcharge.Petty is not a good word, stupid is more like it.As far as I'm concerned, the product KD has put on the floor the past couple of years is well worth the money.Someone else posted that there is more than meets the eye with this post. I wonder what the real reason is?

With all do respect people. I think we are missing this person complaint.It is ture no matter what ticket you purchase, i.e. concert or sporting event they all have some sort of purchasing fee attach to it, either build in the cost or as a line item. We have all come to accept it. However if I am understanding his complaint and I quote "wishes to charge me a $5processing fee for the privilege of donating $500 a seat to the Z Fund."The Key word here is donating.Let's say if a person mails a $500 donation to a church or faternal organization and then is charge a $5.00 processing fee.you could understand why they would be upset. Why would anyone want to donate money to any group if they are being charge to do so. If this is the case it's the church or faternal organization who is being petty.Nevertheless if we are talking about making a donation to the z fund then I can see his/her point. However if a season pass cost $500 and they are calling it a donation then I can understand everyone thinking he/she is being petty. that is simply no more then the cost of business. I have never bought a season pass simply because I just have become a Zips fan. so I really don't know how the process works. I do think KD has a great product this year and I believe that this year will be exciting I wish the Zips a great year. :champs:

With all do respect people. I think we are missing this person complaint.It is ture no matter what ticket you purchase, i.e. concert or sporting event they all have some sort of purchasing fee attach to it, either build in the cost or as a line item. We have all come to accept it. However if I am understanding his complaint and I quote "wishes to charge me a $5processing fee for the privilege of donating $500 a seat to the Z Fund."The Key word here is donating.Let's say if a person mails a $500 donation to a church or faternal organization and then is charge a $5.00 processing fee.you could understand why they would be upset. Why would anyone want to donate money to any group if they are being charge to do so. If this is the case it's the church or faternal organization who is being petty.Nevertheless if we are talking about making a donation to the z fund then I can see his/her point. However if a season pass cost $500 and they are calling it a donation then I can understand everyone thinking he/she is being petty. that is simply no more then the cost of business. I have never bought a season pass simply because I just have become a Zips fan. so I really don't know how the process works. I do think KD has a great product this year and I believe that this year will be exciting I wish the Zips a great year. :champs:
At last, somebody gets it, along with Skip Zip Its not the price of the tickets that bothers me and its not donating a grand to the Z fund that bothers me. Its paying ANY PRICE to make the donation. Also, for the record, This is the first year that I have even glanced at the form as my wife had always taken care of it before. My wife is ill this year so I have assumed the duty of taking care of all of our business accounts and the checkbook. I can understand by the tone of some of your posts that most of you don't understand the principle of my complaint so I will just leave it at that.Last year my wife and I did 5 road trips as well as attending all but one of the home games so please spare methe bit of not supporting the team. I'll still make it to most all of the games. Hopefully I will not be seated anywhere near GP, who likes to call people stupid if their view does not match his own. Well done ace.I'm finished with this topic.

Nevertheless if we are talking about making a donation to the z fund then I can see his/her point. However if a season pass cost $500 and they are calling it a donation then I can understand everyone thinking he/she is being petty. that is simply no more then the cost of business. I have never bought a season pass simply because I just have become a Zips fan. so I really don't know how the process works.
The $5 is charged to anyone ordering tickets. The $500 donation only gets you the opportunity to get one lower reserved seat, not the actual tickets, therefore the $5 is not really coming because of the donation, it's for processing the tickets. I have upper reserved and get the same $5 charge as anyone else ordering season tickets.Can't wait for the season to start! :rock: