Ak-Rowdies??

AwesomeDude

OK, it appears as though we've deviated (once again) from the original topic and turned it into a bitch session about how much the Administration stinks. This board is a great place to vent, but venting doesn't get results. It's the people who created this board, who created AK-Oldies, who are active in the Rowdies, etc. are making a difference. :rock: And a Rowdie cared enough to ask what they can do better.We've got to work with what we got. I go back to my original post.1. You need to be louder.Use megaphones, yell, scream, chant together.2. You need MORE ROWDIES. Someone said you have 900 but only 20 show up. KUDOS to you 20! The other 880 are missing out. If they are not showing up because it's raining, that's just lame. If they don't want to sit down below, fine - but they can still cheer. If they are peeved because of the Nevada game, then write letters, make phone calls, complain to the administration & get your opinion heard, but in the mean time - move on and get your butt to the games.3. You need cheers for the starters players. Sounds like you do, but they should only be cheers you would say if your mother was standing next to you.4. You don't need to use the word "suck" in every cheer. OK - I get it, immature Freshman. But the more organized cheers you have the less time they have to yell "You suck."5. Make signs. You said you made some. Great. I'll be looking for them Saturday.6. Know our opponents. (Singing Christmas carols would have been hilarious! :lol: )Wyoming Cowboys - how about some "Mooooooooooo"s at the foul line? 7. Work with the cheerleaders. Can't do it. That's fine.8. Remember that you represent UA. Be crazy. Be creative. Paint your face. Paint your hair. There are a lot of children watching you and following your lead. The cheers and the chants definitely increased the excitement and school spirit in the JAR last year.

AK-Oldies on one side of the hoop vs AK-Rowdies on the other side. A little friendly competition to spice things up. The competition would create the attendance.Maybe just try it one game early in the season.
This is not a bad idea Dr. Z.Perhaps we should check with the Athletic Department to see if they'll let anyone wearing an AK-OLDIES shirt sit down there.I'm afraid with only 50 members, we'd only get 5 to show up. We need more members!

The cheer we have for steve mcnees stems back to the eastern michigan game last year. A couple of rowdies including myself made the trip up there and basically showed up their entire arena. The mascot there tried to steal the cedrick sign after it had just broke our big Z sign for Z-fence. Well i wouldnt let it take the sign and steve was watching so i sad "Steve Mcnees, help me kick this things @$$!" That was last year and we realized we cant say that so this year we came up with "Easy as Mcnees-y". The 3's are coming for whenever we make a three. More signs are coming but i need pictures of players doing a certain action for a couple of them, they are on the way. There wont be any new signs for this weekends game except the 3's due to im almost out of ink and the pictures of the players situation. I love the rowdies and i even was wondering what happend this past game, it just didnt have the right vibe. I'm going to do my best to bring this back full swing. And like i said before MAKE SURE YOUR AT THE AKRON MIAMI HOME GAME FOR A SURPRISE FOR THEM STUPID REDHAWKS!

I'm afraid with only 50 members, we'd only get 5 to show up.
I read that 900 rowdies have registered, but only 20 show up? Your 50/5 ratio isn't so bad?As long as we can bring my son down, my wife and I are in! :cheers: (big difference between the Oldies and the Rowdies is the kids).
Right on Captain!We always have to keep in mind that the paradigm between the Rowdies and the Oldies is much different.I would think this would work:Any Oldie (wearing shirt of course) with at least a general admission ticket for him/her and the family, can just sit down behind one of the baskets. If we get to the point where the number of seats becomes a problem, well then maybe we sit in the endzone above one of the baskets together.I'll have to see what suggestions the Athletic Department may have.Would love to hear any input from the board....thanks.

From what I see, you asked for feedback and then went into denial and made excuses for the feedback you got.
We have cheers for ... McNees (involves profanity, so it must be used sparingly)
If you can't cheer them loud, throw them out and make up new ones.
Cheers for the rest will come with time as we see what they are capable of and how they react to the cheers.
You don't need to see what they're capable of before you do a chant or a sign! Did you have to see how good Cedrick could shoot before making up C-Note? Was the Ro-Me-O chant dependent on his post move? Does Peanut-Butter-Goddard-Time have anything at all to do with Goddard? No! Look at their name and do something with it! Every time McNees makes a free throw (assuming he makes one), do the "duh-duh-duh-duh-dum" from McDonalds and yell "I'm Lovin' it". (Sorry, I'm just quite proud of that sign.) There are tons of options for Wood. Hopefully we'll have our new Wood sign done for Saturday.Any student section that sits behind or near the basket should be filled with skinny white balloons that get shaken like crazy when the opposing team is shooting free throws. A crooked arrow doesn't distract.Here's one for a living Wall Sign. Something on the order of 6 feet wide by 10 feet tall. I'm not an artist, but you'll get the idea--it conveys the Zips dominance at home:gallery_869_7_28040.gifBring the opponent's mascot picture to the game, and after the final seconds tick off and you finish the "I Believe" chant, slap the logo in the jar with the others. That jar will be full to the rim by the time the season is over, and it will let the opponents see just how dominant Akron is at home.
I think that the sign you made is awesome. Congrats. That should definetly be made and every win keep adding the teams in there. Excellent idea.