The telecast and Bill Freaking Needle

The Hip Zip

Well, It looks like the game will be on time warner. Thats good!Play by play will be by Bill Needle, the absolute poorest play by playman in the recorded history of sports. Thats bad.Anybody know of a good spot that has time warner? Most places now have dish or direct tvso I need a place to watch it as I refuse to step foot in the city of Can't.Where is the best place to see the game??

Time Warner LinkAkron U vs. Can't State Men's Basketball GameTime Warner Cable will be airing this SOLD OUT game on Channel 79, and not channel 23 in the Greater Akron, Canton, Youngstown, Warren and Mansfield TWC areas. The game will not be shown in Erie and Corry, PA or the former Adelphia or Comcast areas. If you have questions regarding which areas will air this game, please call our office.The game will air Wednesday, January 23. Tip Off is at 7 p.m. The game is to be played at Can't State UniversityUsually, there is a Shopping Channel on Channel 79, but it will be interrupted for this game only.* Game dates and times are subject to change. All services and programming not available in all areas.

The game will not be shown in Erie and Corry, PA or the former Adelphia or Comcast areas.
Well, since I'm in a former Comcast area, it looks like I won't be watching the game. Anyone know if there's a way to get an Internet feed? I've never really looked at that "All MACcess" package or other packages. At least I got Frenchie.

I have never tried this before, but since I'm out of town, this might be my only option.Click on "WATCH"PS If anybody reads this that can do anything about it, can we get some MAC games on Sirius?It can't be hard, every other conference does it. :rolleyes:PSS Needle "works" for free, he doesn't get paid to announce....right?

I have never tried this before, but since I'm out of town, this might be my only option.
That doesn't look like it will be a video feed for the game, I think it's just Donte Durham's videos. Which by the way, can we get him some new equipment? The sound on his latest video is inaudible. If you click "Live" in the box that pops up, the next game available is @ CMU.BY THE WAY...ANYONE OUT OF THE AREA STILL WANTING TO LISTEN TO THE GAME CAN DO SO FOR FREE AT www.sportsradio1350.comAlso, I remember a few years ago a lot of the MAC games were on Sirius. Well, I don't know if it was "a lot," but any time there was a game that could help or hurt the Zips, I found it on the dial. Let's hope for a Sirius/XM merger so we can get EVERY GAME!!!

NEO -- um NO. Help me understand why Time Warner doesn't have this game on in NEO. Hell I'm in Northern Summit and I can't get it. In fact I'm equal distance between Akron and Cleveland.
That's because it's formerly adelphia areas of TW cable.Hell, if you think that's close, there are adelphia areas that border (one inch away from) akron that don't carry this game.

Had this not been Akron-Can't and a sell out, I would be totally disappointed in TWC's production of this game. I find it hard to complain b/c I was just excited to see the game at all. That being said, and understanding that this was on via the Can't State Sports Network, the quality was terrible. The audio for the biases announer was soo low during the first half, that even with my audio at full blast, it was a struggle to hear it. They must have turned it up at halftime, because it was little bit better, but I still had the audio at full blast.Not sure if the same production co is used b/c it seems to me that when Akron's games are televised are a much better quality. The one camera was blurry and the picture shook more than half the time when they were using that one camera.

Had this not been Akron-Can't and a sell out, I would be totally disappointed in TWC's production of this game. I find it hard to complain b/c I was just excited to see the game at all. That being said, and understanding that this was on via the Can't State Sports Network, the quality was terrible. The audio for the biases announer was soo low during the first half, that even with my audio at full blast, it was a struggle to hear it. They must have turned it up at halftime, because it was little bit better, but I still had the audio at full blast.Not sure if the same production co is used b/c it seems to me that when Akron's games are televised are a much better quality. The one camera was blurry and the picture shook more than half the time when they were using that one camera.
As a Can't State grad, I was equally disappointed in the telecast. As a Can't State School of Journalism and Mass Communications grad, I was horrified! The announcers were terrible, to say the least. Every single reply caused epileptic seizures throughout the NE Ohio area.COME ON Can't State. Nice win, but horrible production.

i drove down from cleveland to watch the game with family (montross area) only to find the game wasn't on. then i called the winking lizard (the same one that broadcasts zips live) and they said they had the game. i raced over only to find that they didn't have it either! we all sat around the radio and listened to the game. very upsetting! :screwks: