Chris Singletary

GoZips

Can't at home against Western Michigan.Noticed that Chris Singletary's name was missing from today's box score. Folks on the MAB BBS say that he is suspended indefinitely for violating team rules.Got me wondering why it came a game to late to help the Zips.What crap was this clean cut upstanding young man accused of? I think I'm gonna puke.Don't fret. He will mostly be back by the time March ninth rolls around.Hell, I didn't even know Christian had team rules. Thuggery usually does not require them.

I'm really starting to get a kick out of how often the word "thug" or some variation of the word is used on this board. If you want to see real thuglike behavior, you all can see it acted out on Sunday nights at 9:00 on The Wire. Breaking team rules does not constitute thuglike behavior. Selling crack on a street corner during the day and killing others at night does. How about some perspective guys?Stay tuned for future comments on how improperly the word "classy" is used to describe athletes.

I'm really starting to get a kick out of how often the word "thug" or some variation of the word is used on this board. If you want to see real thuglike behavior, you all can see it acted out on Sunday nights at 9:00 on The Wire. Breaking team rules does not constitute thuglike behavior. Selling crack on a street corner during the day and killing others at night does. How about some perspective guys?Stay tuned for future comments on how improperly the word "classy" is used to describe athletes.
You can also see thuglike behavior exibited by the Miami University (FLA) football team. Specifically those from the Butch Davis era. Am I right, Ray Lewis?

If this has anything to do with what happened at the end of their game against OU, and they conveniently waited until our game was over before taking any action against the player, then I think it raises questions. I would guess that he will "conveniently" return to the lineup before they play us again.GP1...maybe some of us have been bashing them as of late. But, there's certainly some things going on that make you wonder if some of their players lack self-discipline, and whether their coach is losing control of his troops.

According to the ABJ, Singletary was arrested for a DUI on Saturday morning (read after the bars close) and then was suspended indefinitely. As someone who did more than his share of drinking during his college days, I can't be too critical of this only to say that during the season athletes probably shouldn't be out drinking. The Can't State boards say that this is the third suspension for the sophomore, and that says more about his character to me. :screwks::CK_brew: :CK_brew: :screwks:

As someone who did more than his share of drinking during his college days, I can't be too critical of this only to say that during the season athletes probably shouldn't be out drinking.
Drinking in college and then driving? We don't need thugs like you on this board ZipAlumn.... :D Do you guys realize that just about every kid on the team probably goes out for a drink or two after a game...maybe more than two? The older kids might even buy the beer for the younger kids. Come on guys, this is the just the nature of college kids. If they didn't go out for a drink or two, I would think there was something wrong with them. Boys will be boys...

You can also see thuglike behavior exibited by the Miami University (FLA) football team. Specifically those from the Butch Davis era. Am I right, Ray Lewis?
What did he go to jail for?

Can't at home against Western Michigan.Noticed that Chris Singletary's name was missing from today's box score. Folks on the MAB BBS say that he is suspended indefinitely for violating team rules.Got me wondering why it came a game to late to help the Zips.What crap was this clean cut upstanding young man accused of? I think I'm gonna puke.Don't fret. He will mostly be back by the time March ninth rolls around.Hell, I didn't even know Christian had team rules. Thuggery usually does not require them.
Hello, I sometimes browse zipsnation.org to see what's going on, and I couldn't help myself to interject here. Singletary has a very rough life coming from a very difficult family situation. While there's never an excuse for bad behavior, I just ask that you really get all the facts before you label someone. As for JC, I have nothing but respect for this man, and so do many who are outside of the Can't State community. Can't State acted promptly with the suspension and I think thats commendable. They could have let it go, no one holds a team to team rules other than the team itself. It shows character of both JC and the AD.Best of luck to you guys in your next game.

As someone who did more than his share of drinking during his college days, I can't be too critical of this only to say that during the season athletes probably shouldn't be out drinking.
Drinking in college and then driving? We don't need thugs like you on this board ZipAlumn.... :D Do you guys realize that just about every kid on the team probably goes out for a drink or two after a game...maybe more than two? The older kids might even buy the beer for the younger kids. Come on guys, this is the just the nature of college kids. If they didn't go out for a drink or two, I would think there was something wrong with them. Boys will be boys...
It's not the drinking part thats the problem GP. It's the driving. As someone who lost a family member who decided to get behind the wheel when he was plastered (and took another woman's life in the process) I have absolutely no tolerance for this. It's become such common place in our society today that those DUI plates are looked at as a badge of honor and quite frankly it is sickening. If Singeltary has that little respect for himself, his family and his teamates that he would put himself and the public at large in harms way by doing something so assanine he deserves any punishment that the court system and Can't puts on him and then some.

you're wrong, he's a thug...period

Nice to know that this thread is full of rational individuals. :rolleyes: You people who say Singletary is a thug...I wonder how you would react if the shoe was on the other foot and it was one of Akron's players getting in trouble?
:rolleyes: No one here claims to be unbaised. :screwks::wave: Seriously though, I stand by what I said. There's no reason to get a DUI when you are student on campus.:CK_brew:There's no excuse for it anyway, and in this day an age, you can't claim ignorance with the way drinking n driving gets pounding into everyone's heads.... but when you are a student, if you can't even be arsed to walk or get a cab to the local joints, you are really pissing in the wind.

Nice to know that this thread is full of rational individuals. :rolleyes: You people who say Singletary is a thug...I wonder how you would react if the shoe was on the other foot and it was one of Akron's players getting in trouble?
:rolleyes: No one here claims to be unbaised. :screwks::wave: Seriously though, I stand by what I said. There's no reason to get a DUI when you are student on campus.:CK_brew:
I get that :screwks: . No arguement there. My point is this: maybe he doesn't live on campus/or wasn't on campus, hence why he may have gotten the DUI.

Here's what I don't get. Why is there no mention and no reprecussions simply due to the fact that he is under age? We all know that drinking and driving is illegal - but he is under age and that is soooo illegal too!!! There should be two separate charges IMO.
There probably will be, but the DUI's the bigger charge. The underage consumption usually is just a fine isn't it?

Hello, I sometimes browse zipsnation.org to see what's going on, and I couldn't help myself to interject here. Singletary has a very rough life coming from a very difficult family situation. While there's never an excuse for bad behavior, I just ask that you really get all the facts before you label someone. As for JC, I have nothing but respect for this man, and so do many who are outside of the Can't State community. Can't State acted promptly with the suspension and I think thats commendable. They could have let it go, no one holds a team to team rules other than the team itself. It shows character of both JC and the AD.Best of luck to you guys in your next game.
Hopefully Chris gets it together. The last thing he needs is to be dismissed from the team and his scholarship. He's a very good player but definitely needs that college degree. Getting a DUI can be all-too-easy; sometimes it's just a matter of having just one beer too many for the law, and then having the misfortune of being pulled over. I once had a friend cited for DUI and he said he didn't even feel the least-bit tipsy. Most D-1 college athletes have a pretty big ego and a definite dark side/wild streak. I think it's what likely makes them such fierce competitors. But hopefully, for his own good, CS shapes up now. Plan ahead - get a designated driver, call a cab, walk 1/2 a mile...

How does one qualify to be a thug?

Going to Can't state :moon: Just talking smack so don't take me seriously.

like a good Akron fan, we would defend them. Are you from Can't or something?! Jesus, defend your own players and hate on Can't State for crying out loud and be a good Zips fan!

umm being a piece of trash from Can't sure would suffice