Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No clue... all I know is that I just noticed that, at least on the west stands, they've installed the support posts to the lower seating areas for the bleacher seats.
They're working. A big Semi has pulled into the field area in front of the endzone facility in Cam 2.

ummmmmm.......driving to class today I saw picket signs along exchange by the stadium and workers standing there. Nobody is working on the press box or the blue stands which seems kind of odd. I'm thinking some sort of strike??
please... no... no strike :(
That sounds odd. :blink: My brother who works for one of Akron construction firms said the firms UofA was using were mostly non-union. :eek:

ummmmmm.......driving to class today I saw picket signs along exchange by the stadium and workers standing there. Nobody is working on the press box or the blue stands which seems kind of odd. I'm thinking some sort of strike??
Apparently a few union guys are always there protesting the use of non-union labor, so that's nothing out of the ordinary.

Apparently a few union guys are always there protesting the use of non-union labor, so that's nothing out of the ordinary.
Their signs said that they are part of the Bricklayer's Union. It's just odd that they were there today and we see almost no activity at the construction site.If it was a strike, I would be mad if I was working there and the union decided that I didn't need to get paid right before Christmas.

Their signs said that they are part of the Bricklayer's Union. It's just odd that they were there today and we see almost no activity at the construction site.If it was a strike, I would be mad if I was working there and the union decided that I didn't need to get paid right before Christmas.
Bricklayer's Union? Where were they when Hipsher was playing? I doubt all those bricks he threw up was union work. or...You don't mess with the masons. You piss them off and one day we all wake up, and their will be just an open field with a few trees where the University used to be.

Bricklayer's Union? Where were they when Hipsher was playing? I doubt all those bricks he threw up was union work.
BAHAHAHAHA! :rofl: Those bricklayer picketers do some rounds. I saw them in front of the Chipotle construction in hudson. I wonder if the hall pays them as much as the actual laborers

Bricklayer's Union? Where were they when Hipsher was playing? I doubt all those bricks he threw up was union work.
BAHAHAHAHA! :rofl: Those bricklayer picketers do some rounds. I saw them in front of the Chipotle construction in hudson. I wonder if the hall pays them as much as the actual laborers
with the same break system. picket for an hour get a 15 minute break

Aside from a couple of guys working on the north endzone facility, the place looks dead...
Staffing appears to be back to close to normal today, with workers on the west tower and two cranes operating.
I wonder if the contractors gave the guys the day off or something...I was going to post this yesterday, but I wanted to say that we should wait till today to see if work resumes cuz if it didnt, then there's obviously something going on. However, seeing that they are working again, it must have been something inconsequential.

Anyone got a read on the grey stuff that is going on the upper deck of the east stands? Is this part of the pre-form concrete?Also, did they hire some ADD construction workers or what? One minute they are adding the steel forms for the final portion of the east upperdeck and the next they are adding some non descript grey stuff.

Anyone got a read on the grey stuff that is going on the upper deck of the east stands? Is this part of the pre-form concrete?Also, did they hire some ADD construction workers or what? One minute they are adding the steel forms for the final portion of the east upperdeck and the next they are adding some non descript grey stuff.
I believe those are the first pieces of the pre-formed concrete, as it resembles that going up on the west tower (the front pieces on the west side are tall, the next ones thin). What I'm curious about is how these are being fastened into place.

I believe those are the first pieces of the pre-formed concrete, as it resembles that going up on the west tower (the front pieces on the west side are tall, the next ones thin). What I'm curious about is how these are being fastened into place.
All the grey stuff is concrete (refer to engineering thread on this website). The wide pieces on the west tower are the facia to the club seats on the fifth floor. The thinner pieces are the risers on the club seating level. The chair back club seats will be attached to the grey stuff next summer. Due to cost constaints all fastening is done with Duct Tape approved by Captain Kangaroo.

• 2 weeks later...
The upper deck on the East side is going to be huge. :blink: They're going much higher then I thought. I hope they get a lot of work in today with the winter storm moving it it's doubtful they get much done tomorrow.
Wow, yeah it's hard to translate from the CG images to what we're seeing on the webcams. I had assumed the upper deck in the east stands was completely framed...it appears though that it was only half framed as they're adding a back half now! Is it too soon to get a countdown going? :D

The upper deck on the East side is going to be huge. :blink: They're going much higher then I thought. I hope they get a lot of work in today with the winter storm moving it it's doubtful they get much done tomorrow.
Wow, yeah it's hard to translate from the CG images to what we're seeing on the webcams. I had assumed the upper deck in the east stands was completely framed...it appears though that it was only half framed as they're adding a back half now! Is it too soon to get a countdown going? :D
Not only is it not too soon to start a countdown, it's too late to start one.http://www.uakron.edu/stadium/

The East side looks just about right. If you look at the renderings, it has the East stands being about 6 stories tall, the same as the proposed dorms.
I thought it looked about right where it was before they started the back section they started adding today. I looked at the renderings prior to them adding the back section and thought that was the size of the upper deck. :blink: