Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

has anyone seen the work they are doing between the track and the stadium? are they building a locker room for the track team or what?
If I remember seeing this correctly, it will be the vault for the utility hookups. I remember walking by it at one point and saw what appeared to be electricity boxes down there.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I've checked the web cams 3 times and it doesn't look like a creature is stirring, not even a mouse. :unsure:
I take that back. Actually, I can't tell if there is any movement or not. My pictures aren't streaming. I've only got 3 still pictures. Don't know why. I hope that April 1 virus hasn't screwed w/ my laptop!

Your internets be messed up. Cams working fine for me. Not a lot of activity seen in the cams anyways. Most of whats going on is happening on the other side of the tower.Brickwork is starting to go up on the tower and they are about halfway up the main entrance with the framing of the windows.

Anyone heard which type of artificial turf they are going to put in Info? Will it be FieldTurf, Momentum, or the AstroTurf brand that is currently in the Rubber Bowl and the athletic fieldhouse. FieldTurf is probably the most respected artificial turf product, but we have historically went with the AstroTurf brand? Just curious.

i don't know if this has ever been brought up, and i didn't feel like going through 51 pages to find anything, but where is the major parking? i know the most obvious one, but what about for the south gate? where would people be coming from to have to enter through the southwest gate?

i don't know if this has ever been brought up, and i didn't feel like going through 51 pages to find anything, but where is the major parking? i know the most obvious one, but what about for the south gate? where would people be coming from to have to enter through the southwest gate?
The tailgating on the Brown St baseball field.

Until the weather gets bitterly cold, I plan on parking downtown @ either the OBC parking deck or @ UA's Polsky deck. I'm gonna have a little crew with me & we're gonna get a bite to eat @ one of the downtown restaurants & then walk to the game (a whopping, what quarter mile-ish) either through campus or up Exchange Street, and enter through the SW gate. Now, if we have a skull session (which I would most definitely attend) @ either Memorial Hall or the JAR, then everyone who attends that would likely enter through either the NW or NE gates.I'm excited about a little bit of a walk to get to the game. It'll give the game a bigger "event" feel and it will give me a chance to show off our downtown and campus to the people I bring to the games.

Anyone heard which type of artificial turf they are going to put in Info? Will it be FieldTurf, Momentum, or the AstroTurf brand that is currently in the Rubber Bowl and the athletic fieldhouse. FieldTurf is probably the most respected artificial turf product, but we have historically went with the AstroTurf brand? Just curious.
Summa Field’s Playing Surface:Synthetic (similar to Rubber Bowl, Stile Field House and Schrank Field).In other words Field turf.No one installs Astro turf anymore.

Summa Field’s Playing Surface:Synthetic (similar to Rubber Bowl, Stile Field House and Schrank Field).In other words Field turf.No one installs Astro turf anymore.
Actually, there is an AstroTurf Brand of synthetic surface. Similar appearance to Field Turf, but made by the AstroTurf brand. This company (AstroTurf) resurfaced about a year or two ago, and the new AstroTurf company has installed fields in multiple locations. They put a high school football field in the town that I live in, Greeneville, TN, last year.http://www.astroturfusa.com/Multiple companies make synthetic surfaces, including FieldTurf, Sprinturf, Sportexe, and AstroTurf. Most synthetic companies make a similar type of surface to FieldTurf now. If you're saying that no one installs the old carpet/astroturf substance for football, you are correct. Some schools, however, will still install the old astroturf-type surface for field hockey, but not for football.More than one manufacturing company produces the new synthetic-type surfaces for football. Which company will get the contract for the Info turf project? That's the question that I'm asking.

Actually, there is an AstroTurf Brand of synthetic surface. Similar appearance to Field Turf, but made by the AstroTurf brand. This company (AstroTurf) resurfaced about a year or two ago, and the new AstroTurf company has installed fields in multiple locations. They put a high school football field in the town that I live in, Greeneville, TN, last year.http://www.astroturfusa.com/Multiple companies make synthetic surfaces, including FieldTurf, Sprinturf, Sportexe, and AstroTurf. Most synthetic companies make a similar type of surface to FieldTurf now. If you're saying that no one installs the old carpet/astroturf substance for football, you are correct. Some schools, however, will still install the old astroturf-type surface for field hockey, but not for football.More than one manufacturing company produces the new synthetic-type surfaces for football. Which company will get the contract for the Info turf project? That's the question that I'm asking.
They may call it Astro turf. But, that far cry from the original Astro Turf. It's not the same carpet on concrete they used to install.It's just another verison of Field Turf still called Astro turf.No one installs the carpet on concrete anymore. Not if you want to avoid turf toe and the other serious injuries you're sure to get using that crap.

hell I hated marching on the stuff let alone playing football
I lost skin at the RB more then couple times :( We played a scrimage there late August 1976 during really hot Saturday Mid-day and I felt like my feet were on fire by the time we got back to our school. I had blisters on my feet by Sunday.I perfer real grass or even mud to playing on that stuff. :(

For all the gloom and doom posters. This was posted today at http://www.gozips.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_...CRIBER_CONTENT=As an FYI. construction at InfoCision Stadium/Summa Field remains on schedule ;)
I'm not a doom-and-gloomer, but that item was actually posted on Feb. 10, not today.Posted yesterday was a release about Saturday's tours (please bring your cameras, ZipNation members!).Stadium tours press release

For all the gloom and doom posters. This was posted today at http://www.gozips.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_...CRIBER_CONTENT=As an FYI. construction at InfoCision Stadium/Summa Field remains on schedule ;)
I'm not a doom-and-gloomer, but that item was actually posted on Feb. 10, not today.Posted yesterday was a release about Saturday's tours (please bring your cameras, ZipNation members!).Stadium tours press release
Today or Feb 10th. I was reading about the tours for tomorrow and found that. There no way the project is 45 days behind schedule just because they're working weekends (They been working several weekends since the Stadium project started last year) and longer hours. The more daylight and better weather you have. The longer you work on construction projects of this type.The bottom line is Feb 10th as well as today. The project is on schedule. :D

I drove p and down Exchange St yesterday after my 8 year daughters volleyball game @ Mason Park Community center and was amazed(again) at how little the webcams do for the actual structure! The stands almost seem like they are reaching out close to Exchange and the blue bleachers are fantastic! There are so many things you cannot see from the webcams...it is simply amazing!Furthermore it got my daughter asking 101 questions about colleges and what they have and she was amazed to hear all of the things the U has available. She thought Ohio State was the only big college in ohio even though I have told her several times about Akron!!! She was amazed by the stadium and then mention how "dumpy" their other field is.That is unfortunately the trend amongst the area with this love affair with the Buckeyes...we need to work on getting the area on the Akron bandwagon and I think this stadium is the first positive step towards doing so.

I have been thinking about it, and I have come to the conclusion that the reason they are working long hours and weekends is to get ahead of schedule so they have a good buffer in case a part of the project takes longer to complete than expected.

I have been thinking about it, and I have come to the conclusion that the reason they are working long hours and weekends is to get ahead of schedule so they have a good buffer in case a part of the project takes longer to complete than expected.
That's all I've thought when I see them working Saturdays, see them still working on the Cams late into the day or hear they're working on the press tower late into the night.I would like to see us all stay positive about the project. B)

I would have to agree with that, because there is probably a general monetary incentive involved for being done and passing inspections by certain dates.

I would have to agree with that, because there is probably a general monetary incentive involved for being done and passing inspections by certain dates.
You also lose monies if you don't deliver on time.The OT you're paying now you recoup through the incentives you get for delivering early.They have time lines built for all parts of this project from the Stadium right down to final dorm building.As I've said her earlier. I have family who work in construction in NE Ohio and in other parts of the country both union and non-union companies. I post and speak with first hand knowledge. ;)