Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi res photos now available. click on the photo itself to see the image in full-res. Clicking the top of the image will only show it in 1MB size. (56k beware)IMG_3686.jpgIMG_3687.jpgIMG_3688.jpgIMG_3690.jpgIm not sure exactly what this building will be. My guess is that it's some kind of eqiupment storage or something.IMG_3691.jpgIMG_3692.jpgIMG_3694.jpgIMG_3695.jpg

I was on the road around town quite a bit today and man, with the yellow panels that are going onto the superstructure the stadium is Popping and Locking. It's way visible from many spots beyond downtown. Very impressive, while also providing ample fodder for the inbreds and ingrates who populate our fine city and spend their entire days posting incredibly negative comments about UA on the ABJ site.To them I say SUCK IT LOSERS!GO ZIPS!SeeTeeZip

I was on the road around town quite a bit today and man, with the yellow panels that are going onto the superstructure the stadium is Popping and Locking. It's way visible from many spots beyond downtown. Very impressive, while also providing ample fodder for the inbreds and ingrates who populate our fine city and spend their entire days posting incredibly negative comments about UA on the ABJ site.To them I say SUCK IT LOSERS!GO ZIPS!SeeTeeZip
I couldn't have said it better myself SeeTee. I have the slightest inkling that those posters on ABJ's website are really just one dude..there's no way there's that many ignorant people living in one city.Also: SWEET pics everyone! Even though I walk past the stadium everyday on the way to class, I never really get a chance to sit and soak it in like I can on here.

Thanks so much to both of you for taking the photos today.Looking at the close-up of the east stands, are those aluminum (or some such material) panels that are lying across the girders? They are corrugated and don't appear to be concrete, which previous posts was what I gathered the upper stands would be made from.Thanks again!

Thanks so much to both of you for taking the photos today.Looking at the close-up of the east stands, are those aluminum (or some such material) panels that are lying across the girders? They are corrugated and don't appear to be concrete, which previous posts was what I gathered the upper stands would be made from.Thanks again!
yes... this was something I noticed a while ago and have been pondering. I can't understand them spending $65million on this stadium only to use aluminum stands.

yes... this was something I noticed a while ago and have been pondering. I can't understand them spending $65million on this stadium only to use aluminum stands.Agreed. The renderings on the stadium web page don't give the impression of an aluminum structure, but maybe that's what it will be. And while the stands are not finished, from the looks of the photo they are not even fully enclosed, meaning trash and such could fall through on the concourse below.Is $65m figure just for the stadium, or does it include the residence halls?

yes... this was something I noticed a while ago and have been pondering. I can't understand them spending $65million on this stadium only to use aluminum stands.
If you want an idea of how the structure will end up, look at the underneath of of UCF's Brighthouse Stadium. It's the same construction technology they are using for our upper decks. UCF Brighthouse Stadium

If you want an idea of how the structure will end up, look at the underneath of of UCF's Brighthouse Stadium. It's the same construction technology they are using for our upper decks. UCF Brighthouse Stadium
I was just about to post something similar from other recent stadium projects.This is common construction used in many stadium projects across the country and everyone concerned here needs to wait and see the finished product before assuming while it's being built.This not cheap construction and having seen a couple similar Hunt Stadium projects. UofA fans will be pleased with the finished product.That type of upper deck contruction technology makes it easier to add in future and is better long term maintenance then doing total concrete upper deck which many colleges are moving away from due to rising maintenance cost on maintaining their stadiums.Look at how the Rubber Bowl is crumbling and buckling and has been doing so for the last 30 years is one reason why steel technology is used in stadium expanison projects across the country vs all conrete structures.

Well this is a relief then, because for the past month I've been worried that the upper decks were simply going to resemble the bleachers at my high school stadium, only on a much larger scale. I was definitely concerned it was going to be cheesy - especially with cups, hotdogs, popcorn & whatnot dropping into the concourse from above.

I never thought theyd make them cheap like that, its just ive never heard of this kind of bleacher technology.Anyone have details on how it's constructed? Do they pour a small layer on concrete over the steel? Im really interested to see what this will end up being.

Was just there in November; big, but pretty bland (sorry to my son who's in the marching band there) with just a sea of aluminum; no flags or anything to spruce it up. Even the concessions below were just monochrome cinderblock buildings. The fans enjoyed stomping on the bleachers to make noise and completing the announcer's phrases ("Good enough for another UCF..." "FIRST DOWN"). With all the lightning they get in FL, I had to wonder what would happen there in a storm.I like that we have brick and glass on the press box and the blue painted beams to add some charachter. I also hope we get the conference flags and such that were shown in the renderings.

Was just there in November; big, but pretty bland (sorry to my son who's in the marching band there) with just a sea of aluminum; no flags or anything to spruce it up. Even the concessions below were just monochrome cinderblock buildings. The fans enjoyed stomping on the bleachers to make noise and completing the announcer's phrases ("Good enough for another UCF..." "FIRST DOWN"). With all the lightning they get in FL, I had to wonder what would happen there in a storm.I like that we have brick and glass on the press box and the blue painted beams to add some charachter. I also hope we get the conference flags and such that were shown in the renderings.
From everything I've seen to date I'm more then happy with what UofA is building. :D No offense to anyone here. But, could we stop with the HS stadium comments. :( I haven't seen a HS stadium yet with club seating, skyboxes and a seven story press tower that runs the length of the field. PS: Lighting strikes the highest point no matter what it is and when lighting strikes, it makes no difference if you're sitting on wood, conrete or steel. You should take cover in severe storms.

Does anyone know if any regular-season high school games will be played at InfoCision Stadium?St. Vincent-St. Mary announced its 2009 football schedule today, and its game with Hoban -- traditionally played at the Rubber Bowl -- is scheduled to be played at Hoban on Sept. 18, the night before the Zips open the stadium against Indiana.

Does anyone know if any regular-season high school games will be played at InfoCision Stadium?St. Vincent-St. Mary announced its 2009 football schedule today, and its game with Hoban -- traditionally played at the Rubber Bowl -- is scheduled to be played at Hoban on Sept. 18, the night before the Zips open the stadium against Indiana.
My nephew who coaches at Hoban said they'd be playing at Hoban this year as UofA wanted their game with Indiana to be the first game played at Info.But, to answer your question Yes UofA is allowing HS games to be played at Info.

My nephew who coaches at Hoban said they'd be playing at Hoban this year as UofA wanted their game with Indiana to be the first game played at Info.But, to answer your question Yes UofA is allowing HS games to be played at Info.
I completely understand UA wanting to christen the stadium with a Zips' game. I'm all for that, of course. But I'd also love to see as many high school games played in the Info as possible. Friday night games? Naturally. Thursday night games? Why not?! Saturday games when the Zips are on the road? Yes! The more folks we get into the Info and onto our campus the better! We need to do anything to increase the expose of UA and bring the general public's perception up-to-date as to what a gorgeous campus we now have! I'll bet we could win a lot of new Zips' fans that way.But it's a shame St.V/M - Hoban couldn't just move their game back ONE week?!?! They could have been the first high school game in The Info. That just seems too obvious and logical, so there must be another reason(s) for them not simply scheduling the game one week later?

We can't have Thursday night HS games at the Info. Our moron of an ex-conference commissioner thinks that is when you are supposed to play college games.
I'm sorry. But, that not a true statement.As with the Rubber Bowl the Info will be available for use for HS games so long as UofA isn't playing a home game.Please feel free to email the AD office and they'll confirm that very information.