Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

http://www.ohio.com/news/42488147.htmlBeacon article about the stadium tours. Looks like it was a ont-time deal. If you didn't do it then you'll have to wait until Sept 12th or if you're lucky the season ticket picking thing.Nice to get the reactions from former players. They could only dream of playing in a stadium like this when they were here.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I would add what I thought were a few interesting details from the tour today:1) Our tour guide said that they feel they have the best stadium in the MAC, and in C-USA. Would it be stretching it too much to say that we may have the best stadium outside of the BCS?2) He said they were shooting for a very LOUD stadium. To achieve this, he said that the slope on the stands is steeper than most stadiums. He also pointed out that they intentionally wanted an upper deck and a large press tower to drive the noise towards the field. He also said that this is why they went with metal seating, but I have to believe that was probably driven by cost.3) He said there would be a scrolling billboard on part of the East front upper deck. This would be expanded if additional money comes our way.4) The scoreboard resolution won't be as good as what it is at the Q. It will be close, but not as good.5) He said they have locker room facilities for back to back games. They intend to have highschool games there so I imagine that each team can get a locker room and they can have a couple a day.6) The upper deck of the endzone facility are lounges for the Baseball team, the Softball team, the Soccer team and.....I think it was the track team. (No love for the Rifle team though....it would be a long walk to Schrank South anyway.)7) They wanted the fans to be very close to the action and I"ll tell you what, it looks like you will be.8) He said something about the pregame and the team entering the field and pagentry associated with that will be better. Hopefully someone else can elaborate as I was too busy drooling as I looked around.9) The lights on the West side will be on top of the press tower. The lights on the East side will be at the ends of the grandstand with one in the middle. The lighting will meet the requirements for TV for an NCAA National Championship Broadcast.10) They have much more restroom space than what is required for a stadium of that size. Anyway, this place is going to be flat out AMAZING! I haven't been to every MAC Stadium, but it has to be, by a wide margin, the class of the MAC! fans from other schools are going to $#!+ when they see this place!Oh, and as an FYI, our tour guide called the stands the "Home" stands and the "Visitors" stands.....but we all know he really meant the "East" and "West" stands.
do you know if the billboard on the front of the upper deck will be the same LED ribbon boards they have at The Q:QuickenLoansArena.jpgwill there just be a scoreboard at the south endzone? and will it be bigger than Can't's
That's what they were called, ribbon board. Don't know, he just said there would be a partial one on the East Stands.

That's what they were called, ribbon board. Don't know, he just said there would be a partial one on the East Stands.
Honestly, I don't mind if it's only from like the 35yardline to the 35yardline... Just having one of those will make our stadium THAT much more top-notch. I also would love to see more money be donated in the coming years so they can put the ribbon board on both sides from endzone to endzone... THAT would be awesome!

That's what they were called, ribbon board.
We definitely need to institute these at the new soccer stadium -- just like they have at Old Trafford! :D (That's ManU, folks)
that would be sweet, I was watching the Seattle Sounders play on ESPN and saw they had ribbon boards all the way around the sidelines, It looks really cool but in my opinion it might be too much money to spend...

One of these days Im gonna go take some pics of the stadium from various parts around the city. You really never get an idea of how big this place is until you can see it from 3/4 of a mile away.
Yes! We were driving East on Exchange from Main street yesterday and you could see the stadium from THERE! The thing is HUGE!!!

Thanks for all the great shots. :D MRasor is reporting in his blog they'll begin laying the field in about 50 days. :D It's going really start looking like a stadium then. :D
Our stadium tour guide said the endzone building had to be complete by May 1 because that's when they start working on the field.More pictures at this link (i.e., is winkfl.ash.com) remove the first . (the stupid Can't crap on this board won't allow me to post the correct link)
The best set yet. I'm really glad you got pics of the exterior as well. I didn't get a chance to do that, but it looks great!!!

One of these days Im gonna go take some pics of the stadium from various parts around the city. You really never get an idea of how big this place is until you can see it from 3/4 of a mile away.
Yes! We were driving East on Exchange from Main street yesterday and you could see the stadium from THERE! The thing is HUGE!!!
Yeah I noticed that same view myself. You can see it when you are going down 77 North as well.

Yeah I noticed that same view myself. You can see it when you are going down 77 North as well.
One of the most impressive views I have seen is from the intersection of Brittain Rd and Newton (near Seiberling Elementary). You can see the whole project from that spot. Also there are some nice views from the Akron Zoo.

ME_87: Check the link in your original post. It works. I had it fixed.Oh wait .. you deleted it .. so it doesn't matter now.Next time please check it before blowing it away. I had it fixed on Saturday night.. Other people's quotes won't work, but your original post was working fine.My recommendation is to use tinyurl.cc to cross post the link if you don't want to be bothered.Here Are ME_87's very nice picks from the Stadium Tour.Go Zips!! EDIT They're BACK!

ME_87: Check the link in your original post. It works. I had it fixed.Oh wait .. you deleted it .. so it doesn't matter now.Next time please check it before blowing it away. I had it fixed on Saturday night.. Other people's quotes won't work, but your original post was working fine.My recommendation is to use tinyurl.cc to cross post the link if you don't want to be bothered.Here Are ME_87's very nice picks from the Stadium Tour.Go Zips!! EDIT Apparently ME_87 has deleted the original gallery. If they're reposted, I'll fix this link again, but for the time being, it appears he's deleted the photos. Nice gallery though.
They're back. I tried the modified link that you made in my original post, but it still didn't work for me. That's why I unshared the folder. Your link seems to work now.

I went to the Union for lunch and noticed that a few panels of that Tyvek stuff blew off and they were up on there putting it back on.
Just what exactly is Tyvek anyway? Insulation panels?
DuPont™ Tyvek® commercial air barriers play an integral role in the leading weather protection system by controlling airflow and temperature, holding out bulk water, and allowing interior moisture vapor to escape.

Cool! .. They're great photos. Nice work.FYI, tinyurl.cc will let you remap any URL to a smaller one & that's what I used here.Go Zips!ZW.
Thanks for the help ZW.Go Zips!

We definitely need to institute these at the new soccer stadium -- just like they have at Old Trafford! :D (That's ManU, folks)
that would be sweet, I was watching the Seattle Sounders play on ESPN and saw they had ribbon boards all the way around the sidelines, It looks really cool but in my opinion it might be too much money to spend...
I was actually joking. There are only a minority of Major League Soccer stadia which have the electronic boards installed, where the backward folks still have the advertising humps, like in American football. Home Depot was first. Not sure if even all the soccer-specific stadiums in MLS have them yet. But -- go to Europe and virtually every joint, including all the English Premier League and I think even the Championship (UK second division) clubs sport them, all the way down to the Athletic Bilbaos (La Liga Espanol) of the world. I bet the increase in ad revenue would pay for them in short time. Your eyes are like totally drawn to them -- it even tends to distract for the game on the pitch.

I was actually joking. There are only a minority of Major League Soccer stadia which have the electronic boards installed, where the backward folks still have the advertising humps, like in American football. Home Depot was first. Not sure if even all the soccer-specific stadiums in MLS have them yet. But -- go to Europe and virtually every joint, including all the English Premier League and I think even the Championship (UK second division) clubs sport them, all the way down to the Athletic Bilbaos (La Liga Espanol) of the world. I bet the increase in ad revenue would pay for them in short time. Your eyes are like totally drawn to them -- it even tends to distract for the game on the pitch.
haha I knew you were joking. I mean they won't even pay for ribbon boards for the whole Info, i could never see them paying for soccer