Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, back on topic. As I sit here at my computer, in front of me I have the premium seating brochure for InfoCision Stadium. I'm thinking to myself, this thing looks great, but what are they going to change from the pictures we've seen so far? Here's my guess:1) Scoreboard. They show a very nice scoreboard wrapped in brick. I think someone here pointed out that it was shown as being supported by steel in the model.2) Flags around stadium. They show all the flags of the MAC on the brochure but I have a hard time believeing they will go through with what I consider a great detail.3) Giant Banners on the side of the stadium. I know they were on the JAR, but I also see them killing these.
Maybe the scoreboard will be better to be steel, It might make it easier to expand in the future?? I never really liked the flags in the first place. I mean they are kind of pointless and I don't want to go to the nicest stadium in the country and have to see Can't, BG, Toldeo, and the rest of the mac teams flags. I've seen it done before, several basketball arenas have that, the MAC Center in Can't, Polumbo center at Duquesne, just the first two i could think of. But I mean put a few akron flags up and that will be just fine. The banners look ok, but also, kind of pointless....
I like the idea of the MAC flags around the stadium actually. I think it would give the impression that ICS is the flagship (Pun intended) stadium in the MAC but I can't dispute that their only purpose is aesthetics. In the pictures they show them both on the West Facade of the stadium and surrounding the interior of the stadium. If I had to pick one between flags surrounding the stadium and on the West facade, it would be a tough trade as the ones in the stadium would add to the gameday atmosphere, but only for 6 games a year. The ones on the West facade would be visible to all year round.

I like the idea of the MAC flags around the stadium actually. I think it would give the impression that ICS is the flagship (Pun intended) stadium in the MAC but I can't dispute that their only purpose is aesthetics. In the pictures they show them both on the West Facade of the stadium and surrounding the interior of the stadium. If I had to pick one between flags surrounding the stadium and on the West facade, it would be a tough trade as the ones in the stadium would add to the gameday atmosphere, but only for 6 games a year. The ones on the West facade would be visible to all year round.Call me nostalgic, but I think flags are a nice touch. Many of the old-time baseball stadiums (Tiger Stadium, Cleveland Stadium, Yankee Stadium) used to have them. In fact, at Yankee Stadium they were flown in order of each team's position in the standings that day. I think flags with the MAC teams names or helmets would be cool.

I just drove by the stadium today...AND THEY HAD TORN DOWN MANNY'S!!!!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!sorry... :lol::lol:
I can confirm this. When I left on Friday, there was no sign of an impending demolition. I return on Monday and there's a little dirt pile and some rocks where two whole building used to be. There's really nothing to take a picture of, besides finally having a full view inside the stadium from Exchange.

I just drove by the stadium today...AND THEY HAD TORN DOWN MANNY'S!!!!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!sorry... :lol::lol:
I can confirm this. When I left on Friday, there was no sign of an impending demolition. I return on Monday and there's a little dirt pile and some rocks where two whole building used to be. There's really nothing to take a picture of, besides finally having a full view inside the stadium from Exchange.
I would still love to see a picture. :D

Just got back from marching band spirit night and I have some new information. The student section will wrap arond the south end of the stadium running from 20 to goal line on both sides and the grass hillside. The band will be sitting next to the student section on the East side so we're playing right in the visiting teams ears. This section was chosen to help with overtime games so we have a side we can defend and because the visiting team tunnel will dump out right in the middle of the student section. It was also confirmed that the ribbon board will be located along the length of the East stands though they are really trying to get the money to put it on both sides. The University is also working with the city about using city parking for games if necessary. Enjoy and let the speculating begin!

That sounds fantastic! What an intimidating entry into the Info for the visiting team! Before the tour of the Info I was hoping we might be able to walk through that tunnel - I wanted to get a feel of the press box/logue tower smacking the visiting team in the face as they enter for the game. Now they'll have the Info towering over them AND 5000 Rowdies shouting at them! Lambs to the slaughter!How will the band enter the field? Through the same tunnel? Or will there be direct field access from the east stands?

That sounds fantastic! What an intimidating entry into the Info for the visiting team! Before the tour of the Info I was hoping we might be able to walk through that tunnel - I wanted to get a feel of the press box/logue tower smacking the visiting team in the face as they enter for the game. Now they'll have the Info towering over them AND 5000 Rowdies shouting at them! Lambs to the slaughter!How will the band enter the field? Through the same tunnel? Or will there be direct field access from the east stands?
They haven't worked out the exact logistics yet. They're going to be meeting with the band department and we should do when the stadium is closer to opening.

Yes, totally agreed, we are going to have the most intimidating entrance in the MAC!

Just got back from marching band spirit night and I have some new information. The student section will wrap arond the south end of the stadium running from 20 to goal line on both sides and the grass hillside. The band will be sitting next to the student section on the East side so we're playing right in the visiting teams ears. This section was chosen to help with overtime games so we have a side we can defend and because the visiting team tunnel will dump out right in the middle of the student section. It was also confirmed that the ribbon board will be located along the length of the East stands though they are really trying to get the money to put it on both sides. The University is also working with the city about using city parking for games if necessary. Enjoy and let the speculating begin!
that would be ridiculous if we had ribbon boards on both sides! Not many college stadiums have that, if any? It will really make this the best in the country!!!

that would be ridiculous if we had ribbon boards on both sides! Not many college stadiums have that, if any? It will really make this the best in the country!!!
...And with only one being on the East stands.... everyone at home watching on TV will get to see it.
omg I know and imagine if we ever had a game on like espn, with the lower bowl seating only being 20rows you will see the ribbon boards a ton! can't wait for a night game and a zips touchdown with those boards flushing and rowdies going nuts! thats football!!!

I really don't like the idea of splitting the student section up on each side of the field. It leads to a lot of the same coordination issues that you see with the Rowdies at the JAR. It's just difficult to get everyone on the same page when they are all the way across the field from one another.Other than that, I like the way this whole thing is sounding.

i would like to see a section for students and then a designated section for just rowdies. because come on, i'm tired of seeing students (even some rowdies) in the rowdies section who don't even pay attention to the game. rather they're more interest with their friends and socializing. what's the point of showing up? if your not rowdie for the entire game, get out of the rowdies section.sorry, may be mean, but seeing sh*t like that gets irritating. :wall:

I have a feeling that the loudest, most obnoxious students (the ones who go to basketball and soccer) can all fit on the grass hill. Let the other students who are there only for entertainment and socializing sit in the stands. I want to be down right behind the endzone packed like sardines screaming and jumping up and down like we have for soccer games.

I want to see us run on the field with a real kangaroo!!!
We should work out something with the akron zoo and have kangaroo exhibit at the stadium. I mean would never suggest having it on the field, thats not safe, but keep in a secure area, similar to the ray tank they have at tropicana field!1254993154_8969d1234c.jpgit would be great draw to get more families to come, their kids can go look at the real live zippys!!!!!

I want to see us run on the field with a real kangaroo!!!
We should work out something with the akron zoo and have kangaroo exhibit at the stadium. I mean would never suggest having it on the field, thats not safe, but keep in a secure area, similar to the ray tank they have at tropicana field!1254993154_8969d1234c.jpgit would be great draw to get more families to come, their kids can go look at the real live zippys!!!!!
At the Cleveland Zoo, in their Australian exhibit, the kangaroos are free roaming. I bet this could fairly easily be done. The biggest challenge is keeping them warm enough during our late season games.

i would like to see a section for students and then a designated section for just rowdies. because come on, i'm tired of seeing students (even some rowdies) in the rowdies section who don't even pay attention to the game. rather they're more interest with their friends and socializing. what's the point of showing up? if your not rowdie for the entire game, get out of the rowdies section.sorry, may be mean, but seeing sh*t like that gets irritating. :wall:
well to be fair some of the cheers are kind of lame. I mean the "you can't do that" cheer is used all over the country, by every school and it just comes across as lazy. They need to think of some new and unique cheers to start. I joined the rowdies my freshman year, and I was really disappointed. I went to a high school where we had hundreds of students in our cheering section, our cheering section would fill up 3 sections at the rubber bowl. I know sometimes when I was with the rowdies there would be 2 different cheers going on, i mean come on, thats just sad! You want people to get involved and make the rowdies great, that needs to start at the top. Make a better cheering section, and people will cheer! If we're in there and 5 different cheers are going on, ya we can't go along with all of them. I'm hoping that it gets better at the Info, but who knows....ps idk who does all the canada stuff when buffalo comes to town, but buffalo is not in canada and that really doesn't make any sense?? they're not canadians...the Z-I-P-S is a direct rip off of O-H-I-O, and I hate OSHWHO so that needs to stop tooi'm sorry but it wasn't a complete attack of the rowdies, but you need to know why people don't want to get involved...stealing cheers and lame antics are not going to get people excited....