Women's BBall Scoop

zff

I have caught wind of some Women's Basketball Scoop. I am working on 100% confirming this information but it does come from a source close to the situation. Coach Kest has removed the following players from the program. A reason was not given but I hope to have that information as well.Removed from the team are:Rhiana MillerSarah TahkodiKeyla SnowdenTeresa Scott

WOW!!! Coach Krest did inherit a team that was not getting it done and I trust this move was necessary. She is losing several key players on a young team. Coach Krest seems like a good coach who is struggling to find players that fit her program.

Those are our core players for the future! :blink: Each one was either a Soph or Frosh, and they all logged lots of significant minutes.I remember last year around tournament time that we had some discipline problems which resulted in some of our starters being suspended for the tournament, and ultimately to Nikki McCoy leaving for BGSU.I hope this doesn't become a reccuring problem.

I still don't know why was McCoy kicked out last year. :unsure:
I do. But I won't say why here.I will just say that off-the-court discipline is a bit lacking in some of the players on the WBB team. I fear that something has caught up with them that may have happened over spring break.

I do. But I won't say why here.I will just say that off-the-court discipline is a bit lacking in some of the players on the WBB team. I fear that something has caught up with them that may have happened over spring break.
This is the most I've cared about women's basketball all year. Details, please!

Yeah, seriously. Please share...even if doing so via private message is necessary.

Yeah, seriously. Please share...even if doing so via private message is necessary.
in all seriousness (and it is kind of an a jerky thing to admit knowing, but not giving details) it would be inappropriate and disrespectful to spread around all information especially with regards to severe discipline. some things are just better unspread.

in all seriousness (and it is kind of an a jerky thing to admit knowing, but not giving details) it would be inappropriate and disrespectful to spread around all information especially with regards to severe discipline. some things are just better unspread.
Exactly. That's why I said I won't post it here. This is something to be handled by the coaches and players. We can only wait and hope that everything works out for the good of the team.

Although this has piqued my curiosity, we have to remember that discipline is in the hands of the coaches and theya re not obligated to tell the public or the press why they were removed from the team. In fact, if they did say something, I am sure that the coach and the university could be sued. Also, I am put into this same situation on almost a daily basis and I concur with not informing anyone of the the reason(s) for the removal. We can speculate all we want to, but the bottom line is we will know the entire story. We just have to maintina our confidence that the coach is doing the correct thing by removing players.

there goes most of the offensive production for next year. snowden already wrote her name in the record books. miller was looking up after having a strong finish to this season, and tokodi was looking to return to the form of her freshman season.... makes me wonder if it is the players or the coach, since there have been 5 standout players who have been kicked off the team or transfered since kest came. and from the looks of things during the season not many people we happy with her so we will have to see how things play out

Well...lets cut through the crap, and all of the mystery...and say this....I've been a huge supporter, in many way, of Akron athletics for over 25 years. This program has struggled mightily. Every time a few good players come in that seem to have the potential to improve the team, something happens. Frankly, I would have done whatever I could to save people like McCoy and Tokodi. It's just the continuation of a long pattern that just never ends, it seems. If this is the track that this coach has decided to take, unfortunately she might not be around long enough to see if her moves have been beneficial.It's just part of a very long, and sad, story.

we all want to see W's on the record but I think Kest has to worry about more than just that when it comes to being a coach. lets say she over looks all the stupid stuff that the players do just so that she can win some games. what happens to those players after their four years as an athlete? I'll tell you what happens. NOTHING. I like what she is doing as a teacher and that is laying down some laws and enforcing discipline that will stick with these young girls long after their basketball days. all of the players on this list were given opportunity to do something great but they blew it by being stupid my hat goes off to Coach Kest for not putting up with it and trying to accomplish something more for the young ladies.

We still have no reason whatsoever to say that these girsl did anything stupid. All what we know is speculations from someone who heard somewhere that they might have done something bad... and bad is relative. I was hardly able to swallow McCoy's situation but i convinced myself that maybe it was her fault, but now with another four player who were promoted as the best recruits in the program history, i am starting to think that coach Kest may be drawing the line in the wrong place.I am seriously concerned about the status of this program, if i am a high school prospect and i am recruited by coach Kest, the first thing that will come to my mind will be that she's probably a discipline Nazi (a.l.a soup Nazi) that i don't want to keep up with. You add that to the fact that the program has been in the dumpster ever since it was started, and there goes our recruiting hopes.I don't know how does Mack feel about this, but what is going on with our w bball program is really really bad.

Lots of people screamed bloody murder about the Can't men's program and how they should be disciplined harder and thrown off the team for some of the things that they've done. They talked about what a pathetic program it was bringing in all these people who couldn't behave and not disciplining them properly. Now it's the Akron's women's program laying down discipline like many people screamed ought to happen in these situations, and now the coach is destroying the program. May I please have my cake and eat it too?If the coach is throwing people off the team, they deserved it. When I have to let someone go at work, it's the absolute last thing I ever want to do, and it often hurts those who are left behind, but ultimately if it gets that far those people have earned their pink slip.

Assuming they girls are off the team...I'm guessing they had just finished running extra stadium laps to help them get in to shape for the 2008-9 season...and were just getting ready to visit some local high schools to lecture kids about the evils of drugs and alcohol...when the evil Coach Kest put the hammer down. That's usually how it goes....

Lots of people screamed bloody murder about the Can't men's program and how they should be disciplined harder and thrown off the team for some of the things that they've done. They talked about what a pathetic program it was bringing in all these people who couldn't behave and not disciplining them properly. Now it's the Akron's women's program laying down discipline like many people screamed ought to happen in these situations, and now the coach is destroying the program. May I please have my cake and eat it too?If the coach is throwing people off the team, they deserved it. When I have to let someone go at work, it's the absolute last thing I ever want to do, and it often hurts those who are left behind, but ultimately if it gets that far those people have earned their pink slip.
Birdzip, please give me a break. We're talking about Can't's people commiting crimes, rapes, DUIs.Can you tell me what did those girls do? had a party? couple of drinks? what is it?None of them was in trouble with the law right? McCoy is still a student athlete right?And talking about management, when you have one or two under-achieving or bad employees you blame them, but when your whole group is under achieving, you blame their manager. That's 5 people for God's sake... a whole team of bball and all of them are good athletes who most probably will still be playing, just somewhere else.

I have caught wind of some Women's Basketball Scoop. I am working on 100% confirming this information but it does come from a source close to the situation. Coach Kest has removed the following players from the program. A reason was not given but I hope to have that information as well.Removed from the team are:Rhiana MillerSarah TahkodiKeyla SnowdenTeresa Scott
I have to question your source's credibility. Until I see it somewhere other than the message boards, I don't believe it.

I have to question your source's credibility. Until I see it somewhere other than the message boards, I don't believe it.
I really do have better things to do with my time then to make up stores about the Women's Basketball program. And since when does Women's basketball get talked about on message boards.

I really do have better things to do with my time then to make up stores about the Women's Basketball program. And since when does Women's basketball get talked about on message boards.
I didn't say you made it up, only that what you heard may be wrong.

Saw Snowden walking on campus yesterday....maybe I should have asked her what was going on!......I agree that if this was a discipline issue, then we have to respect the coach's decision. But until we know what the players did or if the players did anything, then we shouldn't berate Coach Kest for "ruining the program". Yeah...it sucks because these girls were pretty solid players, but she sets team rules for a reason and if her players have no self-discipline what-so-ever, then they will never win anything anyway. The first step for any coach is to get their recruits to buy into their coaching philosophy and team expectations. If players/recruits can't meet those standards, then good luck playing anywhere.