reggie corner and mike schepp.....

timmyboy

former Zips players (CB) Reggie Corner and (OL) Mike Schepp have bothbeen invited to and had privte workouts for the Browns. The Browns are allowed 30 private workouts and they used 2 on former zips players....i think that speaks volumes as to the quality of football players Akron is starting to produce. Good luck to Both Schepp and Corner, itd be nice to see them both on NFL rosters next year.

former Zips players (CB) Reggie Corner and (OL) Mike Schepp have bothbeen invited to and had privte workouts for the Browns. The Browns are allowed 30 private workouts and they used 2 on former zips players....i think that speaks volumes as to the quality of football players Akron is starting to produce. Good luck to Both Schepp and Corner, itd be nice to see them both on NFL rosters next year.
No, they were both invited to an open tryout for area players that the Browns usually conduct as a PR move right after the draft. Not to belittle those guys, but they aren't getting one of the Browns 30 draft workouts lol. Some guys have taken this opportunity and made good with it though, and its been a positive experience for many former Zips in the past.

No, they were both invited to an open tryout for area players that the Browns usually conduct as a PR move right after the draft. Not to belittle those guys, but they aren't getting one of the Browns 30 draft workouts lol. Some guys have taken this opportunity and made good with it though, and its been a positive experience for many former Zips in the past.
Chase Blackburn comes to mind. He was in some sort of a spring camp with the Browns, got cut and then picked up by the Giants. The rest of the story ends with him getting Super Bowl ring and being a solid contributor to the team. Nice work Browns.

here is the report i read. Maybe i misread it.As the NFL Draft approaches, the biggest question is about which players the Browns are showing an interest in. After the jump, there is a list I've been putting together of players the Browns have brought in for private workouts or brought into Cleveland.NFL teams are allotted 30 private workouts. That means I don't have everyone the team has looked at. Also, players who either played college or high school football in the Browns' region don't count toward the 30 and are in italics. There is no limit, to my knowledge, on the visitations.Private workoutsZackary Bowman, CB, NebraskaBrandon Carr, CB, Grand Valley StateReggie Corner, CB, AkronBrad Cottam, TE, TennesseeJermichael Finley, TE, TexasMike Galassi, OL, WalshPierre Garcon, WR, Mount UnionCharles Godfrey, CB, ColoradoJohn Greco, OT, ToledoCurtis Johnson, LB, Clark AtlantaLaRoi Johnson, TE, MaloneJason Jones, WR, Arkansas Pine BluffMalcolm Kelly, WR, OklahomaJames Lee, OL, South Carolina StateJoey Larocque, OLB, Oregon StateAntwaun Molden, CB, Eastern KentuckyEddie Pinigis, OL, LibertyOrlando Scandrick, CB, Boise StateMike Schepp, OL, AkronCraig Stevens, TE, CaliforniaBrian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman CollegeBrought into Cleveland for an interview:Josh Barrett, SS, Arizona StateBeau Bell, LB, UNLVCory Boyd, RB, South CarolinaTyvon Branch, CB, ConnecticutGary Butler, OLB, California (Pa.)Gosder Cherilus, G, Boston CollegeThaddeus Coleman, OT, Mississippi Valley StateJolonn Dunbar, LB, Boston CollegeQuentin Groves, DE, AuburnPaul Hubbard, WR, WisconsinTyrell Johnson, SS, Arkansas StateStanford Keglar, OLB, PurdueBryan Kehl, LB, Brigham YoungBrandon Keith, OL, Northern IowaKendall Langford, DE, HamptonJerod Mayo, MLB, TennesseeJordy Nelson, WR, Kansas StateOwen Schmitt, FB, West VirginiaSteve Slaton, RB, West VirginiaDarnell Terrell, CB, MissouriDonald Thomas, G, ConnecticutMario Urrutia, WR, LouisvillePatrick Wells, DB, Ferris StateTerrence Wheatley, CB, ColoradoJack Williams, CB, Can't State