serious injury?

At a family function yesterday, my son-in-law nentioned that a Zip-to-be from CVCA was seriously injured at a Calif competition. Supposedly injury was leg (briken bones, torn ligs & tendon). Anybody hear anything?
Ahhhhhh! That would explain why Ben was not playing for the Crew! (Don't think Mason is on the team, is he?) Must have happened in the first game over the weekend -- or maybe in practice, as I didn't see his name in any box scores. This would be his second or third broken leg in just over a year I believe. That's a real shame.I know someone on this list can give us the details. If you want, go to me outside confidentially, and I'll explain to the Zip Crew what you can tell.

Folks, the news about Stow resident Ben Speas, of Everest FC, Columbus Crew Academy and the U.S. 1991 age group national team is true. I'm told by another correspondent on the board that Ben was victimized by a hard two-leg tackle while performing for the Crew U-18 team in the US Development Academy semi-finals, which I believe took place two weekends ago on the East coast. Ben sustained both a fracture of his right leg, and torn ligaments and tendon damage. Surgery this week put a plate and screws in the leg, while cleaning up the knee damage. Ben will miss the upcoming senior season at CVCA. He also had a chance to be chosen for the U-17 trip to South America this fall. Our best wishes to the young phenom named the nation's #1 recruit of '09 by Top Drawer Soccer. We expect him to have a long and successful career in soccer, and we'll be behind him for as long as he wears the Blue and Gold, and beyond.