men's golf

ziptrumpet87

• 2 weeks later...

There's more to the story... U of Columbus takes a chance on "bad kid".

Snyder spent 21⁄2 seasons with the Zips, playing 31 tournaments with a career 73.94 stroke average. But Coach Nick Goetze told him he would not be an active participant in the spring after some on-course issues in the fall. That led to the transfer. "When I talked to (OSU) Coach (Jim) Brown, I said, 'Look, I screwed up. ... It was my fault. It was a learning experience, and I said it would never happen again," Snyder said. "It hasn't happened since, and it won't."

There's more to the story... U of Columbus takes a chance on "bad kid".
Snyder spent 21⁄2 seasons with the Zips, playing 31 tournaments with a career 73.94 stroke average. But Coach Nick Goetze told him he would not be an active participant in the spring after some on-course issues in the fall. That led to the transfer. "When I talked to (OSU) Coach (Jim) Brown, I said, 'Look, I screwed up. ... It was my fault. It was a learning experience, and I said it would never happen again," Snyder said. "It hasn't happened since, and it won't."
There's some irony here, somewhere...

“It (transferring) allowed me to play with much better players,” Snyder said. “I’ll be around a lot better people. The coaching staff is a lot better there, it’s not even comparable. They want to help you get better in all aspects of your life.”Knocking your old teammates and coaches like that shows no level of professionalism IMO, and this guy wants to play on tour? Good luck finding sponsors, people don't really like a**holes. Tiger, Phil, Vijay, Sergio, the list of positive tour personalities goes on and on, there's a reason a lot of people don't like players like Monte.

“It (transferring) allowed me to play with much better players,” Snyder said. “I’ll be around a lot better people. The coaching staff is a lot better there, it’s not even comparable. They want to help you get better in all aspects of your life.”Knocking your old teammates and coaches like that shows no level of professionalism IMO, and this guy wants to play on tour? Good luck finding sponsors, people don't really like a**holes. Tiger, Phil, Vijay, Sergio, the list of positive tour personalities goes on and on, there's a reason a lot of people don't like players like Monte.
You forgot Fuzzy Zoeller. He's a real class act too!

• 3 months later...
nah... he wouldn't have gotten the award if he had stayed at akron... simply because of the akron curse
more like because of the akron coach, this guy got rid of snyder and brad wright who was 1st team MAC and could have easily been player of the year! its hard for a small school to get great players i dont see why we are shoving them out the door when we do get them??