The first win of the year

So tonight was the first home game for ANY Zips sport. I'm glad to say it was a win, with the Women's Soccer team grabbing the win over visiting Pitt.The first half was pretty evenly played, with the score 2-2 at the half. In the second half the Lady Zips played at a whole other level, and blew the Panthers away by scoring four more goals to make it a 6-2 win.I was encouraged by the overall attendance, but kind of disappointed by the overall lack of AK-Rowdies. I think there was only one of them.Anyways, it was a great win over a Big East team, and an awesome way to kick off the College Sports season.If you're starving for some Zips games after the long summer, your only choice for seeing them play at home for some time seems to be Soccer, with the Women's team playing again next Friday and the Men's team playing on Sept. 5th and 7th in the Akron tournament.

:bow: Kudos to the Lady Zip soccer team. They will take many teams by surprise, like the Pitt Panthers. There is talent on this team and their new coach, Chris Pfau, seems to be very capable of growing this program to the best in the MAC. I can't wait to watch a double header in the new soccer stadium with the ladies, followed by the men, crushing peolpe who come to our house.Way to go ladies. You're starting the season great! :wave:

I suppose this is a dumb question, but the new soccer stadium will be for both the men's and women's soccer programs, right?
Absolutely. I was walking around there during the game, trying to visualize how it would look based on that one drawing we have for it. It's going to be a major improvement. I only hope they keep the hill behind the goal. That hill is the best thing our current stadium has going for it.

I suppose this is a dumb question, but the new soccer stadium will be for both the men's and women's soccer programs, right?
Absolutely. I was walking around there during the game, trying to visualize how it would look based on that one drawing we have for it. It's going to be a major improvement. I only hope they keep the hill behind the goal. That hill is the best thing our current stadium has going for it.
Kid, the hill is definitely in the plans. In fact there will be hill seating (on the grass) behind the east goal and along the entire sideline opposite the grandstand. When the weather is good, about 50% of the time, it will be a great place to get close to the action and bring crowd pressure to the opposition. It could be one of the coolest places in the country. With the hill seating it will easily seat 5,000.Man I can't wait to get it and Infocision up and running! :thumb:

So tonight was the first home game for ANY Zips sport. I'm glad to say it was a win, with the Women's Soccer team grabbing the win over visiting Pitt.The first half was pretty evenly played, with the score 2-2 at the half. In the second half the Lady Zips played at a whole other level, and blew the Panthers away by scoring four more goals to make it a 6-2 win.I was encouraged by the overall attendance, but kind of disappointed by the overall lack of AK-Rowdies. I think there was only one of them.Anyways, it was a great win over a Big East team, and an awesome way to kick off the College Sports season.If you're starving for some Zips games after the long summer, your only choice for seeing them play at home for some time seems to be Soccer, with the Women's team playing again next Friday and the Men's team playing on Sept. 5th and 7th in the Akron tournament.
Someone PLEASE explain to me how this team can beat good teams like Pitt and New Mexico in non-conference, but can't beat the bad teams of the MAC? Maybe this will be the year that changes? We can hope. After all this is Barack week. :rolleyes: Hey -- I gotta put in a plug for da homeboy.BTW -- there will be at least ONE AK-Rowdie T-shirt in attendance at New Mexico Stadium Friday night 9/12. But first, BEAT IU AND UND!!!

Someone PLEASE explain to me how this team can beat good teams like Pitt and New Mexico in non-conference, but can't beat the bad teams of the MAC? Maybe this will be the year that changes? We can hope. After all this is Barack week. :rolleyes: Hey -- I gotta put in a plug for da homeboy.BTW -- there will be at least ONE AK-Rowdie T-shirt in attendance at New Mexico Stadium Friday night 9/12. But first, BEAT IU AND UND!!!
new coach redistributing the use of talent on the team. we'll see how they fare in MAC play, but beating a team like PITT (6-2 no less) is a great confidence booster.