Wisconsin game on Time Warner

ZachTheZip

Just found out that the Wisconsin game should be on channel 334 for Time Warner customers this Saturday. Unfortunately it won't be in HD, since they are more focused on just getting the feed up and running than providing "extra" services like HD or video on demand, although those will come eventually.Just remember to watch it on mute with the radio on because the announcers are going to be obvious Big 10 homers.

Damons/Ohio Brewing Company in downtown Akron on Main St has been announced as the official Viewing/Watch Party location for both Alumni and Athletics. Here is the e-mail that was sent out by alumni:Attention Zips Fans! Are you ready for some football?The Alumni Association is proud to announce Ohio Brewing Company/Damon’s as the Official Viewing Party location for Akron Zips Football.Come support your Zips team as they take on the Badgers of Wisconsin in the first game of the season Saturday August 30, 2008 at 12/noon ET.Wear your Zips gear to receive ½ off appetizers, $2.00 for a pint (20 oz.) of Verich Gold Lager and $9.95 for an All-You-Can-Eat Wings & Pizza Buffet.Go Zips!Ohio Brewing Company/Damon’s is located at: 222 S. Main StAkron, OH 44308www.ohiobrewing.com

post-800-1219845342_thumb.png

Damons/Ohio Brewing Company in downtown Akron on Main St has been announced as the official Viewing/Watch Party location for both Alumni and Athletics. Here is the e-mail that was sent out by alumni:Attention Zips Fans! Are you ready for some football?The Alumni Association is proud to announce Ohio Brewing Company/Damon’s as the Official Viewing Party location for Akron Zips Football.Come support your Zips team as they take on the Badgers of Wisconsin in the first game of the season Saturday August 30, 2008 at 12/noon ET.Wear your Zips gear to receive ½ off appetizers, $2.00 for a pint (20 oz.) of Verich Gold Lager and $9.95 for an All-You-Can-Eat Wings & Pizza Buffet.Go Zips!Ohio Brewing Company/Damon’s is located at: 222 S. Main StAkron, OH 44308www.ohiobrewing.com
This is an AWESOME choice IMHO, but I will be out of town at a wedding :( To make matters worse, the wedding is in Chicago a mere 2 1/2 hours from Madison :( :( I've already got plans to go to Syracuse, so hopefully I might be able to catch another road game at the Ohio Brewing Co.

Can anyone tell me whether 1350AM's signal reaches the North Canton area? My son has a cross-country meet that starts at 11AM and doesn't wrap up until 2:30 or so. Radio will be my only option until I can get home to watch the game via DVR.
You should be OK. At times the signal gets weak (I've heard 1350 drops the wattage, at times, for some reason or another), but I've been listening out of Canton for years. Let's hope on Saturday we hear a few 'Touchdown Akron!!!!' yells from French and no dejected 'Holy Cow' how could that of happened comments.

Dear Zipsnation,Everyone available, please show up at Ohio Brewing Company. If you're having a group of friends go to another bar, change locations. It's VERY important that us loyal fans support these establishments that sponsor the Zips. If they're going out on a limb for us, we need to overrun their bar with Zip fans. Make those Suckeye fans go elsewhere. Show up! BRING YOUR FRIENDS! WEAR BLUE AND GOLD!!!!!GO ZIPS!!!RowdyZip

Can anyone tell me whether 1350AM's signal reaches the North Canton area? My son has a cross-country meet that starts at 11AM and doesn't wrap up until 2:30 or so. Radio will be my only option until I can get home to watch the game via DVR.
You should be OK. At times the signal gets weak (I've heard 1350 drops the wattage, at times, for some reason or another), but I've been listening out of Canton for years. Let's hope on Saturday we hear a few 'Touchdown Akron!!!!' yells from French and no dejected 'Holy Cow' how could that of happened comments.
Thanks UA1987. 1350's signal is definitely weak to the southwest (intentional so it won't interfere with other signals in that direction). Glad to hear it seems to reach into the North Canton/Canton area. As you say, I hope there is something GOOD to listen to! Go Zips!

It's about 8:30AM here on Saturday and BTN channel 334 STILL does not show up in my Time Warner channel listing!?!?! I rebooted the cable box but that didn't help. Any ideas out there ZN? I'm outta here at 10:15 for the day and would like to DVR the game while I'm gone. Sorry Time Warner but I can't WAIT for the day when I have another choice other than you and the satellites.

It's about 8:30AM here on Saturday and BTN channel 334 STILL does not show up in my Time Warner channel listing!?!?! I rebooted the cable box but that didn't help. Any ideas out there ZN? I'm outta here at 10:15 for the day and would like to DVR the game while I'm gone. Sorry Time Warner but I can't WAIT for the day when I have another choice other than you and the satellites.
Currently I'm in the same boat as you. I'm confused because I don't even have channel 334 listed on my on-screen channel listing. I scroll down and it jumps directly from channel 330 - the "Outdoor Network" to channel 350 - another CNN.

I just called TWC's customer service line and got a recorded message. The message was pretty clear though, and said that the Big Ten Network is not going to be "launched" today until 12:00 noon. It won't show up on, or be recognized by, your digital cable box until then. The BTN will be on channel 77. The recording also said that the BTN would be on channel 333 with the BTN "alternate feed" going to channel 334. So I'm guessing/hoping that at 12:00 noon, just as I'm about ready to have a stroke, channel 334 will become available with the Zips - Wisky game. Unfortunately, if you're unable to be physically present w/ your DVR at 12:00 noon, I'll bet you won't be able to program it to record the game.

I just called TWC's customer service line and got a recorded message. The message was pretty clear though, and said that the Big Ten Network is not going to be "launched" today until 12:00 noon. It won't show up on, or be recognized by, your digital cable box until then. The BTN will be on channel 77. The recording also said that the BTN would be on channel 333 with the BTN "alternate feed" going to channel 334. So I'm guessing/hoping that at 12:00 noon, just as I'm about ready to have a stroke, channel 334 will become available with the Zips - Wisky game. Unfortunately, if you're unable to be physically present w/ your DVR at 12:00 noon, I'll bet you won't be able to program it to record the game.
Go to Ohio Brewing Company! :D :D :D :D

Currently I'm in the same boat as you. I'm confused because I don't even have channel 334 listed on my on-screen channel listing. I scroll down and it jumps directly from channel 330 - the "Outdoor Network" to channel 350 - another CNN.
Confirmed - I also called Time warner and their recording said that the channel won't be available till 12:00. Let's hope we don't get screwed.

Yeah. It's based somewhere near Canton, but it covers everywhere south of I-480 as a general rule.
Thanks, and it sounds like that might be the way I'm going to have to go. Down here in Massillon the BTN is showing Columbus State/Youngstown State instead of Akron/WI :wall:
There should be two BTN channels. The main one in Akron is showing the Pengiuns game, while the alternate feed will be showing the ZIPS.I would check to see if you get both channels.

Go to Ohio Brewing Company! :D:D:D:D
I wish I could but I've got some work to do while I'm watching the game this afternoon. I wish I could still just drop $25-$30 in there just to support the Ohio Brewing Company for having a Zips' watch party!

Yeah. It's based somewhere near Canton, but it covers everywhere south of I-480 as a general rule.
Thanks, and it sounds like that might be the way I'm going to have to go. Down here in Massillon the BTN is showing Columbus State/Youngstown State instead of Akron/WI :wall:
BTN is showing Akron Wisc...I'm currently watching it...but wish I were not.17-0 Wis, early 2q