UB Bulls in the NFL

johnnyzip84

Let's see there'e WR Drew Haddad for the hometown Bills.......ummmm then there's.......let's see......whose that dude who used to catch those passes from Bethel Park's own Joe Freedy........ahh yes, Drew Haddad, but I guess I already mentioned him........ummmmm..........uhhhhhhh................concentrate............gimme a sec will ya!........(Jeopardy Music)....................and finally justgroupcrickets.jpgCRICKETS

Seems my original information was a little old. Thus, I will correct myself before a Bull Troll (I kinda like that) snorts up their lunch. UB has TWO players currently in the NFL!Link
I know, I know the whole 7 Akron Zips in the NFL really has to embarrass a team like UB with two... If you're going to try to talk trash maybe, just maybe, it should not be in an area that we both stink ok...

Seems my original information was a little old. Thus, I will correct myself before a Bull Troll (I kinda like that) snorts up their lunch. UB has TWO players currently in the NFL!Link
I know, I know the whole 7 Akron Zips in the NFL really has to embarrass a team like UB with two... If you're going to try to talk trash maybe, just maybe, it should not be in an area that we both stink ok...
When one is a future HOF inductee, and TWO are members of the defending Super Bowl champions, I'd hardly call that "stinking". There are 23 teams that have had players drafted in the 1st 4 rounds in each of the past 4 years, and Akron is thre only non-BCS conference team among them. Look, UB may indeed win tomorrow and any objective college football fan will give the Bulls their due as far as how things have turned around. But the Zips are certainly no slouches and there is plenty of talent on this year's squad as well. We'll see who can execute better.

Per ESPNAkron Andy Alleman Offensive Guard Miami Dolphins Chase Blackburn Linebacker New York Giants Reggie Corner Defensive Back Buffalo Bills Charlie Frye Quarterback Seattle Seahawks Domenik Hixon Wide Receiver New York Giants Dwight Smith Strong Safety Detroit Lions Jason Taylor Defensive End Washington Redskins 7 PlayersBall State Reggie Hodges Punter New York Jets Brad Maynard Punter Chicago Bears2Bowling Green State Khary Campbell Linebacker Washington Redskins Kory Lichtensteiger Offensive Lineman Denver Broncos Scott Mruczkowski Offensive Lineman San Diego Chargers P.J. Pope Running Back Denver Broncos Steve Sanders Wide Receiver Cleveland Browns Shaun Suisham Place kicker Washington Redskins 6Buffalo Jamey Richard Offensive Lineman Indianapolis Colts Trevor Scott Defensive Tackle Oakland Raiders 2Central Michigan Eric Ghiaciuc Center Cincinnati Bengals Tory Humphrey Tight End Green Bay Packers Cullen Jenkins Defensive End Green Bay Packers Joe Staley Offensive Tackle San Francisco 49ers4Eastern Michigan Charlie Batch Quarterback Pittsburgh Steelers Jason Jones Defensive End Tennessee Titans L.J. Shelton Offensive Tackle San Diego Chargers Barry Stokes Offensive Tackle New England Patriots Kevin Walter Wide Receiver Houston Texans 5Can't State Josh Cribbs Wide Receiver Cleveland Browns Abram Elam Safety New York Jets Antonio Gates Tight End San Diego Chargers James Harrison Linebacker Pittsburgh Steelers Daniel Muir Defensive Tackle Indianapolis Colts Jack Williams Cornerback Denver Broncos Usama Young Cornerback New Orleans Saints7Miami (Ohio) Jacob Bell Offensive Guard St. Louis Rams John Busing Defensive Back Cincinnati Bengals Ryne Robinson Wide Receiver Carolina Panthers Ben Roethlisberger Quarterback Pittsburgh Steelers4Northern Illinois Ryan Diem Offensive Tackle Indianapolis Colts Doug Free Offensive Tackle Dallas Cowboys Sam Hurd Wide Receiver Dallas Cowboys Justin McCareins Wide Receiver Tennessee Titans Hollis Thomas Defensive Tackle New Orleans Saints Michael Turner Running Back Atlanta Falcons Garrett Wolfe Running Back Chicago Bears7Ohio U. Landon Cohen Defensive End Detroit Lions Dave Zastudil Punter Cleveland Browns 2Temple Raheem Brock Defensive End Indianapolis Colts Dan Klecko Defensive Tackle Philadelphia Eagles Jason McKie Fullback Chicago Bears Rian Wallace Linebacker Washington Redskins 4Toledo John Greco Offensive Tackle St. Louis Rams Nick Kaczur Offensive Tackle New England Patriots Brett Kern Punter Denver Broncos Andy McCollum Center Detroit Lions Lance Moore Wide Receiver New Orleans Saints Chester Taylor Running Back Minnesota Vikings 6Western Michigan Greg Jennings Wide Receiver Green Bay Packers Tony Scheffler Tight End Denver Broncos 2I think we can talk about it when we have one of the highest totals in the MAC.

yeah 1 future HOF, 2 defending Super Bowl Champions in D Hixon and Chase Blackburn who by the way made the tackle on 4th down to beat the Eagles on Sunday night and we also now have something BIG that you canadians don't have and thats Zeke Marshall ha ha had to throw that in there, so go back to Canada and talk to me after we kick your butt tomorrow night! WOOH!!!!

You know, if the score is the same tomorrow, I'll take it. One touchdown for us, one safety for you, I'll be fine with that. :)

Per ESPNCan't State Josh Cribbs Wide Receiver Cleveland Browns Abram Elam Safety New York Jets Antonio Gates Tight End San Diego Chargers James Harrison Linebacker Pittsburgh Steelers Daniel Muir Defensive Tackle Indianapolis Colts Jack Williams Cornerback Denver Broncos Usama Young Cornerback New Orleans Saints
And Gates shouldn't count - when they didn't even know they had one of the best players in the game right under their nose, that should count as -1 so they only get 5. :)

:( hey folks, don't put yourselves in the position of having to eat crow...Jacquemain has never played in a game this big...the defense may be even worse if Graham is out...Kennedy could go for 150 or fumble 3 times...jeremy bruce could do whatever it is he does with the ball...we better hope our O LINE takes over early and often...this is way to close to call...

Per ESPNCan't State Josh Cribbs Wide Receiver Cleveland Browns Abram Elam Safety New York Jets Antonio Gates Tight End San Diego Chargers James Harrison Linebacker Pittsburgh Steelers Daniel Muir Defensive Tackle Indianapolis Colts Jack Williams Cornerback Denver Broncos Usama Young Cornerback New Orleans Saints
And Gates shouldn't count - when they didn't even know they had one of the best players in the game right under their nose, that should count as -1 so they only get 5. :)
Hahaha...only Can't State...
:( hey folks, don't put yourselves in the position of having to eat crow...Jacquemain has never played in a game this big...the defense may be even worse if Graham is out...Kennedy could go for 150 or fumble 3 times...jeremy bruce could do whatever it is he does with the ball...we better hope our O LINE takes over early and often...this is way to close to call...
Agreed. The zips and UB are two extremely inconsistent teams. This game is a complete toss up. All bets are off.

I agree....Gates should not count. He never played football for Can't. It's fine to talk smack before the game. It gets everyone going. But clearly, a Buffalo fan has no leg to stand on in a argument about players in the NFL. Yes Mr. Buffalo, 7 players is a SIGNIFICANT difference over 2 players. And like was said previously, one is an NFL Defensive Player of the Year and future HOF, and 3 of them (Hixon, Blackburn, and Smith) have won Super Bowls. Smith also has 2 Super Bowl touchdowns. By the way...what a GREAT play by Blackburn in that critical late 4th down play in the Giants/Eagles game.

Lee, I think I've finally cracked your "secret code".A --> Od --> wa --> em --> nAll other letters remain "as is".BTW, if DK fumbles THREE times, I will duplicate Karl Wallenda's tightrope walk across the Bowl NAKED. Now THAT should scare a little "ball security" into him and his teammates :D

Lee, I think I've finally cracked your "secret code".A --> Od --> wa --> em --> nAll other letters remain "as is".BTW, if DK fumbles THREE times, I will duplicate Karl Wallenda's tightrope walk across the Bowl NAKED. Now THAT should scare a little "ball security" into him and his teammates :D
OK, so it's pretty strange to reply to yourself. You'll have to excuse me, since I was scared to death of another fumble. BUT, I am blaming Lee Adams for DK fumbling twice (even if one was "joint" mistake). I mean, this guy is notorious for holding onto the football and all Lee has to do is suggest bad things and they happen! I'm just busting your chops, Lee :D Hey, at least DK DID go for 150.....you must be able to make good things happen too.

OK, so it's pretty strange to reply to yourself. You'll have to excuse me, since I was scared to death of another fumble. BUT, I am blaming Lee Adams for DK fumbling twice (even if one was "joint" mistake). I mean, this guy is notorious for holding onto the football and all Lee has to do is suggest bad things and they happen! I'm just busting your chops, Lee :D Hey, at least DK DID go for 150.....you must be able to make good things happen too.
I believe he made > 250 total combined yards in the game. Those fumbles hurt badly, but there were plenty of mistakes (read DROPPED PASSES and CRAPPY THROWS) to go around last night. Excruciating....GO ZIPS!SeeTeeZip, bummed

I believe he made > 250 total combined yards in the game. Those fumbles hurt badly, but there were plenty of mistakes (read DROPPED PASSES and CRAPPY THROWS) to go around last night. Excruciating....GO ZIPS!SeeTeeZip, bummed
You forgot stupid penalties (I'm looking at you, senior leader Chris Kemme) and missed chip shot field goals.