NCAA Round 1 Game- Zips vs. Gonzaga

pdt1420

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, and the worst part is, no one can merge the two threads because all the admins are at the game :lol:. I guess that leaves a bunch of poor college students.
Great game so far. Gonzaga has gotten a few easy buckets because Bardo helps too easily on some of the plays. He needs to show only part way instead of coming full go to help out or double. Keep it up Zips.
Win or lose, this is really fun. Who would've thought UA would be on the national scene and up on Gonzaga at half?

Nice effort by our guys tonight. Gonzaga finally woke up about half way through the 2nd half and that combined with another one of the Zips patented 10+ minute scoring droughts was just too much to overcome. If the Zips could find some more consistency it would have been a much more interesting game. Still, great experience for the Zips. The future looks pretty good for this team.Also, a big thanks to Nate Linhart for playing his guts out for 4 years for the Zips. You won't find many more like him. Best of luck young man.

gonzaga's height killed us. we had to work twice as hard to get rebounds (and still got out-rebounded) and it left us gassed down the stretch. that being said, i'm proud as [heck] of our boys. we gave those guys a scare, and that's a [heck] of a first step in making some tournament noise. i have to give props to ohio brewing for hosting one [heck] of an event. good beer, good basketball, good times. go zipsand :screwks:

gonzaga's height killed us. we had to work twice as hard to get rebounds (and still got out-rebounded) and it left us gassed down the stretch. that being said, i'm proud as [heck] of our boys. we gave those guys a scare, and that's a [heck] of a first step in making some tournament noise. i have to give props to ohio brewing for hosting one [heck] of an event. good beer, good basketball, good times. go zipsand :screwks:
AMEN, brother. LET'S GO ZIPS! Can't wait to see the product on the floor next fall...should be favorites to win it all again, jinx or not.

Rome wasn't built in one day. This season was a great step towards greatness. As long as we keep growing and getting better recruits, we can only get better. Now Dambrot and the boys have to prove that this year wasn't a fluke. Dancing every year must become a norm if we want to attract those quality recruits. I am already curious to see how KD will schedule for next year. Oh, and before i forget, Thanks for the great 4 years Nate, we will miss you.

Rome wasn't built in one day. This season was a great step towards greatness. As long as we keep growing and getting better recruits, we can only get better. Now Dambrot and the boys have to prove that this year wasn't a fluke. Dancing every year must become a norm if we want to attract those quality recruits. I am already curious to see how KD will schedule for next year. Oh, and before i forget, Thanks for the great 4 years Nate, we will miss you.
+1 and then some!

Great game by the Zips. I really wanted this to be a comfortable game so I could relax and be glad I was a Zags fan. I ended up stressing much longer than my heart needed.Just make sure that your team is never satisfied with just making it to the tournament. Want the next win.

Big step for our program, that's for sure. Here's to a great season and hopes of a repeat next year. :cheers:
Screw the repeat. Next year we win this game and go on to the next round...So much talent coming back and if Zeke can contribute as a Freshman, wow....
Excellent point. I get so worked up during zips games that by post game my thoughts are just too jumbled.The future begins...NOW.

We need more go-to inside game for when the shots aren't falling. Zeke can help us with that next year. Great run to win the MAC and break the NCAA tourney drought.
Just think if J. Wood and Romoe were still here..... :D
Three more years of Cvetinovic might put an end to those wishes .. Nik's got a HIGH ceiling .. great effort tonight. Went right at guys way bigger than him.