Thank You Zips

UAZip0510

I'm sure that players, coaches, and staff members check this site out, so I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all of you for this incredible run. The team played their hearts out and never gave up, throughout the year, the MAC Tournament, and the game tonight. Watching OUR team tonight on national television in the NCAA Tournament, and seeing OUR cheerleaders, and OUR mascot, and OUR band...it was one of my proudest moments as a Zips fan. You all made us so very proud and brought this school, this city together in a time where a lot of people are having tough stretches in their lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

You guys gave it everything you had. How could we ask for more? Nate, you will succeed in anything you attempt. Regarding the rest of this special team, I'm 100% sure you will build on this experience and grow. That's all we can expect from ourselves; to continually grow and adapt. Oh and beore I forget. To the dude in OSU gear who mockingly cheered for the Zags on a GU dunk after a Zip 3 pointer --> may your OSU gear spontananeously combust once Siena smokes your sorry red and silver behind tomorrow :DOh and MUCHO KUDOS to all who made the trek to Portland. We are all greatful for such dedication and support. Soon, these trips have victories associated with them.And THANK YOU to Ohio Brewing Company for providing an electric atmosphere that maybe unprecidented in Akron sports history. No matter the outcome, that was an amazing scene tonight. Let's hope this becomes routine in the future.Go Zips!!!!!!

You guys gave it everything you had. How could we ask for more? Nate, you will succeed in anything you attempt. Regarding the rest of this special team, I'm 100% sure you will build on this experience and grow. That's all we can expect from ourselves; to continually grow and adapt. Oh and beore I forget. To the dude in OSU gear who mockingly cheered for the Zags on a GU dunk after a Zip 3 pointer --> may your OSU gear spontananeously combust once Siena smokes your sorry red and silver behind tomorrow :DOh and MUCHO KUDOS to all who made the trek to Portland. We are all greatful for such dedication and support. Soon, these trips have victories associated with them.And THANK YOU to Ohio Brewing Company for providing an electric atmosphere that maybe unprecidented in Akron sports history. No matter the outcome, that was an amazing scene tonight. Let's hope this becomes routine in the future.Go Zips!!!!!!
Amen. I said in the other thread, I had an amazing time at Brew Co. tonight. Thanks to Paul and the other bartenders as well as those who are a part of what OBC is for putting on such an amazing atmosphere!!!Go Zips!

I could go on writing page after page of good memories the zips have provided. THIS SEASON has been one heck of a ride and in the end I am so proud to be a zip. As a second year zips fan, my obsession has only grown and I am not sure what I will do while I wait for next season. Seems we are always thinking of next year, but you have shown us what makes Akron basketball a head above the rest. Your dedication, heart, and love of the game is evident every time you put foot on the basketball court. No matter what the paper, television, or awards say...you guys are the best! Nate, you have been a spark to this explosive team and you will be missed deeply. Keep the foot on the accelerator guys. Train hard, and surprise the world again (and you know what that means). We're no Gonzaga... cus skies the limit. Make it known throughout the nation, we're Akron! Lets go zips!

First, I am so happy to see some of you younger folks get to experience what I experienced as a student 23 years ago. I've never forgotten it, and still talk about it all the time. Now, we finally have another similar experience to add to it.The season has been a wild ride?? Heck...just the last couple of weeks has been a wild ride!!! We went from playing some of our worst basketball of the season in losing 3 games in the final couple of weeks of the season, to needing two miracles just to get out of the preliminary round of the MAC tournament, to playing maybe our best 3 games of the year, to playing on the same floor with one of the best programs in the country for 3/4 of a game. Can't believe I got through all of that without a visit to a cardiologist. But it sure was exciting!