Adding another player?

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/in..._hoops_rec.html
Locally, Akron officially only had one scholarship to give this season and awarded it to 7-0 Zeke Marshall in the early signing period. But that has not kept the Zips from possibly adding another player."We haven't done anything, yet,'' Akron coach Keith Dambrot said. "But we're fooling around a little bit.''
Anybody have any idea about this at all?

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/college/in..._hoops_rec.html
Locally, Akron officially only had one scholarship to give this season and awarded it to 7-0 Zeke Marshall in the early signing period. But that has not kept the Zips from possibly adding another player."We haven't done anything, yet,'' Akron coach Keith Dambrot said. "But we're fooling around a little bit.''
Anybody have any idea about this at all?
I hadn't heard about Alex Kellogg transferring to OU -- that's news. Has his brother committed yet? I thought he was headed to Provo too.

It's been discussed here quite a bit that the Zips are pretty well stocked for next season in terms of both returning experienced players as well as true and redshirt freshmen. The biggest problem is going to be finding playing time for all these guys. I just don't see a lot of value in trying to add the level of player you'd get with a split scholarship. It's going to take a full scholarship to attract the level of player it will take to earn any game time on this team. But if KD says he's "fooling around" in this area, it will be interesting to see if he has some kind of surprise for us.

Basketball and football are considered head count sports. Coaches are allowed to give a certain number of players any amount of scholarship money. If a coach gives a player any money toward scholarship, it counts against their scholarship number limits(football is 85, m-basketball is 12 I think); hence it is rare for a football or basketball player to receive anything other than a full ride. If Faust gave someone less than a full ride it was probably a penalty of some kind. Other sports are considered equilency sports such as track and swimming. Their coaches are given a number of scholarship that can be divided up amongst many athletes.