Poll: 2009 average home attendance

BostonZip

2009 average home attendance  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK Ricky, you got some splaining to do. Exactly how did Acme make money sponsoring the Acme Zip game?
How does Nike make money giving Lebron $90 million? Because it's advertising. ACME had huge traffic the weeks leading up to the game, meaning large revenues from sales. For what? In the end about $5000 to the University.CK talked about it a while backDemise of the ACME Zip GameIf it was such a great idea do you think Proenza would have let it go? No, ACME had a huge advantage because they got giant advertising for pennies. The University made less from a 30 thousand spectator crowd than from a 15 thousand one becasue tickets were a dollar. And they were handicapped in acquiring other sponsors.

Sometimes it had to do with a push to boost attendance in order to maintain Division I status.One of the requirements for Football Bowl Subdivision teams is they must average 15,000 people in actual or paid attendance per home game once every two years.
I am not a student of the NCAA rules, so please help me understand. If 15,000 in attendance is required, how are we still Division I?
1994: 9,1741995: 9,3601996: 7,4181997: 11,4201998: 8,4851999: 8,2762000: 10,6372001: 13,4792002: 11,6002003: 13,2732004: 15,8482005: 10,8932006: 16,1322007: 9,0132008: 14,342

I am not a student of the NCAA rules, so please help me understand. If 15,000 in attendance is required, how are we still Division I?
Because it's 2 year rotating cycles, the 2007 number is skewed because it doesn't include the Army game at Cleveland Browns stadium, and the requirement was put on hiatus if I recall.

The rule was, at one point, that a D1-A school needed to average 15k in home attendance once every four seasons. That rule no longer exists.There were other loopholes along the way. At one point, if you played in front of "X" number of fans you could bypass the 15k rule (so if you played at Penn State in front of 105,000 you were set for the year). I think there was also a "warning" period, where you could miss the 15k requirement, but get a 5th season to make it if you made strides towards the goal.Either way, it is no longer a requirement. :wave:

Barring a lightning storm or tornado, if the opening of the new stadium doesn't sell-out, heads will roll.
Take a picture of it (not lightning) for me Captain. By that time, HY will potentially either be the "head", or he may have fled town.