Parrish Transfers

Quickzips

According to Rasor's blog Andrew Parrish is leaving the program to transfer to the University of Indianapolis. Daryl Roberts will receive his scholarship instead. Can't say I'm too surprised. With the McKnight brothers, Cvetinovic, Zeke, Bardo, Sweich and Conyers all up front and the two forwards coming in next year, his playing time was probably going to be limited. Would have been interested to see what he could do. Wish the kid the best of luck. Congrats to Daryl.

Sorry to see Andrew go before we knew what he could do, but best of luck to him. Great timimg for Darryl though (and well deserved) as you really wouldn't have had time to award one to a member of the 2009 class and now there won't be any angst about "wasting" one that could hae gone to an incoming recruit. Looking forward to big things from Darryl.

According to Rasor's blog Andrew Parrish is leaving the program to transfer to the University of Indianapolis. Daryl Roberts will receive his scholarship instead. Can't say I'm too surprised. With the McKnight brothers, Cvetinovic, Zeke, Bardo, Sweich and Conyers all up front and the two forwards coming in next year, his playing time was probably going to be limited. Would have been interested to see what he could do. Wish the kid the best of luck. Congrats to Daryl.
Is Sweich coming back? His reappearance will surprise some.

Good luck Andrew, we wish you well!Nic Cetinovic (sp?) played such outstanding ball last season that it was probably apparent to Andrew that Nic was the future at our 4-position. Still, Andrew certainly passed the eyeball test - he looked like a poor man's Amare Stoudemire. I was looking forward to seeing what he brought to the court this season.

• 4 weeks later...
I wonder if Zeke will be red shirted since there is so much talent bidding for the playing time.
I wouldn't count on it. When you pick up a recruit like that you usually don't make them sit a year and contemplate going to another school. Plus his size is something no one else on the team can compete with.

So what happens to guys like Bardo, and Swiech?
All 3 have equal chances at playing time. I still think they all can contribute in different ways, even if Zeke ends up being an instant superstar. I haven't seen enough of Swiech to know his skill level, but from what I hear he is talented. Bardo can come in and hold down the fort on defense.It should make everyone on the team better in the end.

So what happens to guys like Bardo, and Swiech?
Bardo needs to learn how to score more than 2 points a game. I understand he's more in there for his defense but with his size he needs to do more than wave his hands around all game. I know a lot of students love Swiech, but anytime he played he would commit stupid foul after stupid foul in a matter of seconds and his emotions would get the best of him even though he was usually playing in junk time. He just didn't look like he was ready for this level of competition. I don't know any of them personally or what they've been working on in the offseason but I'm sure KD will make the right decision come basketball season.