Student Tickets

tbozeglav

W00t! I figured out how to get my wristband off without cutting it so listen up folks. Take a staple remover and use the jaws to hold the snap button in place and make sure one of the teeth touch the inner groove. I am a UA trained engineer and I figured I'd get it eventually. All I have to do is snap the button back in and I'm there. Bandman will be at the game with no problems.On a related note, expect probably the largest student turnout we've seen at a UA athletic event. Being on campus, there is a definite buzz. Students are pretty excited for the tailgate especially.
I'm hoping the Greek Life people have some serious ideas going on. :D (maybe I should have posted this in "What's the plan)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any idea how many students have picked up their bands so far? I want this stadium PACKED.My visual blue band assessment of the student attendance is mediocre at best. It isn't very accurate because most of people I talk to are going with the cut and tape strategy on gameday.

Any idea how many students have picked up their bands so far? I want this stadium PACKED.My visual blue band assessment of the student attendance is mediocre at best. It isn't very accurate because most of people I talk to are going with the cut and tape strategy on gameday.
I havent seen many... so I cant say. I better see an overwhelming majority of the students living in the dorms show up. No excuses this time.

Most students took their bands off. Heck even the hard core students on this forum removed their bands. Based on my conversations with people on campus, the game is going to be the place to be. One day in class someone saw my band and we started talking about the game. I'd say 70% of the students there alone were planning on coming, and I was surprised. The ones who were not were asking us how to get tickets.

Just heard there is in the neighborhood of 500 tickets left of 7,000 that were made available. I expect them to all be gone early next week.

I was on the Roo Express yesterday with about 12 people and every single one of them was wearing a wristband.
I havent noticed... ill keep an eye out next week. Cant wait to tailgate and then walk through the gates on exchange... the chills of that place rockin will remove any kind of buzz Ill have going

Just heard there is in the neighborhood of 500 tickets left of 7,000 that were made available. I expect them to all be gone early next week.
That would be outstanding. I was at the Ball State game last year (a pretty big game then) and while the weather wasn't good there were barely that many people there total.

http://www.ohio.com/news/top_stories/57181037.html
The university started to distribute 5,500 of the free wristbands to students on a first-come, first-serve basis this week.With about 4,000 student wristbands already gone and public seats selling at a steady clip, UA interim Athletic Director Hunter Yurachek is cautiously optimistic the $61.6 million facility will be at capacity on opening day.
...and so far no complaining in the article!! I'm proud of you guys :P They also stated that taped bands will be accepted, which is good news for the 3800/4000 fans who cut it off. Lets keep it goin guys!! Time to get those tickets

...and so far no complaining in the article!! I'm proud of you guys :P They also stated that taped bands will be accepted, which is good news for the 3800/4000 fans who cut it off. Lets keep it goin guys!! Time to get those tickets
I am glad they are at least doing that.

The university started to distribute 5,500 of the free wristbands to students on a first-come, first-serve basis this week.With about 4,000 student wristbands already gone and public seats selling at a steady clip, UA interim Athletic Director Hunter Yurachek is cautiously optimistic the $61.6 million facility will be at capacity on opening day.
One thing is for sure though, there's not an athletic department in the country that is 100% honest about attendance numbers, so I'm just gonna quit believing everything I hear and not worry about it cause I'll be there, and that's all that matters to me. :)

What's that about after the wristbands are sold, 3000 other wristbands are going to be hand out for the grass hill??? How is that going to work? Cuz i for one want to be on that hill, so i'm hoping i still can with the wristband i have. If anyone knows anything about this, fill me in.

What's that about after the wristbands are sold, 3000 other wristbands are going to be hand out for the grass hill??? How is that going to work? Cuz i for one want to be on that hill, so i'm hoping i still can with the wristband i have. If anyone knows anything about this, fill me in.
Just a guess, but I think they will only give out the 5,000 student tickets. If we oversold, the students will be moved to the hill and the extra seats that are freed up will be sold for profit.

I got my wristband the first day they started offering them and I also bought a GA ticket for my girlfriend who is coming from MSU to waatch the game. Is there any way I could sneak her into the student section? I know no one has any idea what the security is going to be like but I really want her to be able to cheer with us and the ROWDIES.

I got my wristband the first day they started offering them and I also bought a GA ticket for my girlfriend who is coming from MSU to waatch the game. Is there any way I could sneak her into the student section? I know no one has any idea what the security is going to be like but I really want her to be able to cheer with us and the ROWDIES.
I think i remember reading students are able to purchase up to 2 tickets per game for friends to sit with them in the student section. Dont quote me on this, but i distinctly remember reading that, probably on the gameday central site.

Put an Akron shirt on her and I'm sure no one will even think twice about asking if she's a student.

I figured bringing up a dead topic had the same effect as creating a new one so I just wanted to update everyone on what the bands look like now, 12 days later.Keep in mind I got mine an hour after they started giving them out on August 31st. That brings the total time I've had mine on for to 268 hours and counting. And yes its still on.photo0911.jpg

I figured bringing up a dead topic had the same effect as creating a new one so I just wanted to update everyone on what the bands look like now, 12 days later.Keep in mind I got mine an hour after they started giving them out on August 31st. That brings the total time I've had mine on for to 268 hours and counting. And yes its still on.photo0911.jpg
I applaud your perseverance :rock: I hope this bodes well for the team's perseverance tomorrow and throughout the season! Go Zips!! Less than 23 hours 'til kickoff!

A picture of a hairy Zips fan's arm with a 12-day old wristband. Thank God Al Gore created the internet! :lol: You know you can't take it off until the Zips lose! :nono: I want updated photos every 12 days!
hey now, I bet I'm less hairy than some of the other posters on this board. Why do you think we have so many grumpy posters?? And that is an amazing idea! I will definitely am doing that.