A Can't Fan's opinion

g-mann17

Realism Says: August 28th, 2009 at 11:33 pm As I've noted continuously, this is about one thing: Can't State's absolute superiority all around in MAC sports. There's no denying it. Can't is the best all-around sports program, period. We have the most storied program (basketball) in MAC history, we have a superior academic school (Akron = tier 4 and zero admission standards), and our athletic programs are always among the very top in the MAC in academics. Yours are so poor you continuously lose scholarships over it.Here's your debate: "Oh yeah, well, well, well, well, uhh, football means more, and, uhh, well, uhh, we won the Wagon Wheel!"Haven't you realized yet? No one gives a flying %#&@ about a meaningless wheel when both teams turn continuous losing records! Can't is horrible at football. So is Akron. The difference is Can't will admit when we're horrible at football, and Akron keeps acting like they're actually a football power house. When was the last time you even finished better than two games over .500? We do have a lot to be excited about at Can't State: The best academic MAC school there is, a crappy football team that will probably be sub-.500 again, but will again turn more pro players than any Akron program ever has, and absolutely dominating the remainder of all MAC sports. Oh yeah, and we get to look forward to watching you guys scramble to sell overpriced tickets to your nightmare of an eight-digit, metal-bleacher-seat stadium located conveniently in the middle of concrete, section eight housing, a campus that only 10% of students live on, shut down exit ramps and paid parking lots, even for students. Put another 5-7 team on that field and tell me just how awesome you guys think it is when your bandwagon fans are showing up in less numbers than they do early in the basketball season (2000-something for a Saturday home game in a season where you actually, FINALLY win the MAC??). And I've seen your student section plenty of times. You have about 12 people that actually go to all games, and a bunch of others who will only go if they feel the game is big enough. Among those 12, the fat LD dude who wears sunglasses and a 1970 sport coat from Goodwill. Also, the loser who whistles "na-na-na-na-boo-boo" every time someone misses a free throw. Either your entire student section HAS to be smashed on Ripple and Thunderbird each game, or you just came from your special ed tier 4 classroom. Either way, have fun tailgating on your crackhead-ridden Akron sidewalks. That should get the students REAL pumped up! Plus, alcohol absorbs better when you can't sweat it out because you have a flak jacket under your "Fear the Roo" shirt (maybe that was your excuse for the "We don't thow stuff" sign a couple seasons ago). But I guess you do have something to be excited about: your field house and rec center finally brings Akron up to par with what basically every other Division 1-A university has had for 3-4 decades. Now if only your academic standards could do the same, we could talk…

It's been my experience that people who get defensive and go on a rant like this are usually jealous about something.Frankly I could care less what Can't fans have to say.
Absolutely!What you have to ask yourself is why this was ever even written in the first place.What is the impetus for writing all this?You can not blame it on some random stream-of-consciousness.Obviously, something got him jarred.Psychological denial is the logical explanation. Preemptive defensiveness can be an ugly thing sometimes.

I went to Can't State & started a PhD program: I submitted a paper I had done in undergraduate school at Akron & got a B on it. One of the requirements at Can't State covered the same subject. I dusted it off, updated it a little the resulting grade was an A. :D:D

I went to Can't State & started a PhD program: I submitted a paper I had done in undergraduate school at Akron & got a B on it. One of the requirements at Can't State covered the same subject. I dusted it off, updated it a little the resulting grade was an A. :D:D
I went to Can't and Akron both for two years. Both are very similar academically. I have recently chosen Akron's MBA program because it is larger and more developed. Each school has programs which rank highly in national polls (Akron's business undergrad program #93). I will also add that Can't's admission standards are a joke. The stated minimums are very soft.

haha, i love his description of the students that show up for some games. I guess i'm a special ed student too because i'm one of those "12" students that show up each basketball game. The only thing he is right on is the fact that most students just show up for games that are considered "big games". It is true that we have had pretty bad student support but i think that is starting to change. This stadium sure as hell will help.

haha, i love his description of the students that show up for some games. I guess i'm a special ed student too because i'm one of those "12" students that show up each basketball game. The only thing he is right on is the fact that most students just show up for games that are considered "big games". It is true that we have had pretty bad student support but i think that is starting to change. This stadium sure as hell will help.
I still think you should quantify that a little. BASKETBALL support was poor. I think each football game had at least 500+ students (which would be a major let down this year) but that's still awesome compared to the 50 or so that showed up sometimes to the JAR.

Realism Says: August 28th, 2009 at 11:33 pm As I've noted continuously, this is about one thing: Can't State's absolute superiority all around in MAC sports. There's no denying it. Can't is the best all-around sports program, period.
Can't is the best all-around sports program, period? :bow: Clearly. I go to Akron's games against them every year. Year after year thinking, man, why can't we be that good? They go undefeated in their out of conference schedule and then go burn the mid american conference year after year, every single year, for decades. Why are they even still a member of the mac? The Can't State sports tradition is so strong that I can never find a ticket to any of their sporting events. If only Akron could one day muster up the gutsy performance to shock the world and just upset these guys in any sport.. -I showed one of my friends this little stoner's post and he just spat his drink right out of his mouth whilst laughing uncontrollably. I hope "Realism" comes back with more of this charming and witty banter. Sometimes I need that little pick me up during a long week. But please, for the love of god, in all honesty, just go back to whatever commune, or squatter village you came from kid. You're probably making the other public library patrons nauseous with your overpowering stench of last night's dumpster diving exploits that are somehow still stuck in your lice infested "indie rock" beard. Forgive my brash comments, you probably, considerately, showered with patchouli and bong resin that morning, didn't you? Maybe you can actually see to it that, for once, mommy's tuition check serves a real purpose and you can get out of Ravenna's finest learning institution with your "general studies" degree asap. What's it been, 10 plus years now? a season where you actually, FINALLY win the MAC??). Five words for ya. Get used to it pal.

Why is student support so spotty for basketball? Is it simply because football is far and away the king of American sports? With the b-ball team KD has assembled I'd think there'd be at least 500 students at most of those games.
Im not sure really. I think its because the general student populous never really knew what was going on over the JAR. They may have had a schedule, but for some reason students are less motivated to go to basketball games. Ill never understand why.

Why is student support so spotty for basketball? Is it simply because football is far and away the king of American sports? With the b-ball team KD has assembled I'd think there'd be at least 500 students at most of those games.
Im not sure really. I think its because the general student populous never really knew what was going on over the JAR. They may have had a schedule, but for some reason students are less motivated to go to basketball games. Ill never understand why.
Most of the time we're complaining about non-existant marketing, it's about basketball.